The Bills Right Tackle position

Got_Wood

Three guys have taken snaps at RT for the Bills this preseason, and this is what I've noticed so far:

- Kirk Chambers should be cut. The guy is not only a revolving door, but he was called for several penalties in the first game. Just not very good. Unfortunately we had to watch Brohm play with this guy getting killed at right tackle. Hopefully he gets a shot with better blocking in front of him.

- Cornell Green doesn't have very quick feet and it showed with the Colts speed rush. However, he looked great in run blocking situations. He's big and pretty athletic as well. If he stays injury free, he should be a serviceable starter for us.

- Kyle Calloway. This guy is a BEAST. I made sure to watch him in particular in both preseason games. Not only is the guy huge, but he's also quick and nasty. He finishes his blocks and buries defenders. Had a few miscues, but the outlook on him is very good. This guy will be a starter for a long time for us if he stays healthy. Great late round pick.

Three guys have taken snaps at RT for the Bills this preseason, and this is what I've noticed so far:

- Kirk Chambers should be cut. The guy is not only a revolving door, but he was called for several penalties in the first game. Just not very good. Unfortunately we had to watch Brohm play with this guy getting killed at right tackle. Hopefully he gets a shot with better blocking in front of him.

- Cornell Green doesn't have very quick feet and it showed with the Colts speed rush. However, he looked great in run blocking situations. He's big and pretty athletic as well. If he stays injury free, he should be a serviceable starter for us.

- Kyle Calloway. This guy is a BEAST. I made sure to watch him in particular in both preseason games. Not only is the guy huge, but he's also quick and nasty. He finishes his blocks and buries defenders. Had a few miscues, but the outlook on him is very good. This guy will be a starter for a long time for us if he stays healthy. Great late round pick.

great to hear about Calloway; i wasn't keyed in on him.

All I saw with Green was the Colts DE doing a spin move on him, resulting in Edwards getting nailed for a near-sack and fumble.

Chambers reached his ceilling and it's not enough to be even the primary back-up, IMO. He is a hard try guy but he has become a liability before and after the snap. I'd be suprised if he makes the final cut.

I didn't like Green on that second series but as you said he was very solid on run plays. To his credit he manhandled his man on that TD to Lee. hopefully he finds his comfort zone and gets better with more minutes.

Calloway might be beast but from all the TC reports I gathered he is not a very athetic guy. Maybe that is why he was moved to the inside initially. I'll rewatch the game again I didn't notice him last night (that might be a good thing though)

Green is the starter for now. If he struggles badly it is a posibility to see Meredith there, who I think would be a better player there than at LT. I don't think he is athletic enough there.

Having said that, this team can't afford injuries on the OL. The depth is either bad or unproven, most notably on the edge. Howard and Hennesy could be servicable back-ups to Levitre and Wood.

I agree - Chambers looks terrible and has looked terrible for two years in a row now. He did well that one year, but that was it. Maybe he's better at guard.

The only reason Chambers is on the team is because Brad Butler was injured early last year & Chambers already knew the offense, so he was broght back after nobody else signed him. Jauron cut Chambers last year & Gailey will cut him this year.