Surprise cuts this year?

Skoobydum

Brohm (Hate to say it, but Gailey will go with the known quantities)

Lankster (Woeful)

Mitchell (Bills will attempt to upgrade the position through castoffs)

McCargo (He's invisible)

Hardy (Always injured, taking up a valuable roster spot)

What cap ramifications?

Even though there's no salary cap this season, this team is operating as if there is one. It's the small market, cash to cap philosophy.

If they cut Maybin they'll still owe him 12 million (roughly ... 15 mill was guaranteed over 5 years). That has an impact on a club like Buffalo. There's ZERO chance Maybin is cut this season. ZERO.

Even though there's no salary cap this season, this team is operating as if there is one. It's the small market, cash to cap philosophy.

If they cut Maybin they'll still owe him 12 million (roughly ... 15 mill was guaranteed over 5 years). That has an impact on a club like Buffalo. There's ZERO chance Maybin is cut this season. ZERO.

Ok, wasn't sure what you meant. I don't believe Maybin is going to be cut. How do you know they are operating as if there is a cap? I'm sure all team owners gave their FO a budget to work with. I doubt every owner but Ralph said to go ahead and spend whatever you want with a possible work stoppage coming.

It has already been paid tgreg99. So, the only thing they would avoid by cutting him this year is cap penalty of 12 million.

That said, I don't see what people are thinking that generates the idea that Maybin should be cut. He was one of the first teamers on D that actually played hard against Washington. That penalty on him was a joke to say the least as his forearm grazed McNabb's facemask. It wasn't a blow to the head as defined by the rules committee. Even last night against Indy he was in on 4 tackles and keeps getting experience. I think Chan is trying to get the most out of this preseason for him as he expects some development.

Funny thing is that Edwards either starts the season (barring injury) as the starter or possibly gets cut. Right now he is still entrenched as the #1 but if they went with Brohm in the end, then they would probably rather have Fitz backing him up and Brown as the 3rd string. If Edwards starts then Brohm could be #2 and Fitz gets cut.

Edwards, Brohm, Brown will stay Fitz will be odd man out.