Byrd's injury is not the same from last year

Skoobydum

The Bills are breathing a sigh of relief regarding free safety Jairus Byrd.

The injury that sidelined Byrd for Thursday's game is not the same as the ailment that forced him to have surgery last offseason, according to a team source.

The injury also is not viewed as serious, the source said.

Coach Chan Gailey said Wednesday that Byrd would not play the rest of the preseason, but there is a realistic hope that Byrd could be back by the regular-season opener. Even if he's not ready for the Miami Dolphins on Sept. 12, his current groin problem is not expected to linger throughout the season.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nf...ticle105975.ece

That is fantastic news.

Boy, Trent threw a 70 yard touchdown, the Bills beat Indy (pre-season, I know) and now we get GOOD news about an injury.... hmmmmm

* waits for some numbnut to try and divide by zero and seal our fates * :thumbsup:

That is fantastic news.

Boy, Trent threw a 70 yard touchdown, the Bills beat Indy (pre-season, I know) and now we get GOOD news about an injury.... hmmmmm

* waits for some numbnut to try and divide by zero and seal our fates * :thumbsup:

Little did he know Shawn Nelson was about to be suspended for 4 games.....

Great news! We need that ballhawk back there. He's our best defensive playmaker.

I love Byrd, he is a ball hawk, but I dont know that he has quite eclipsed McGee yet as our best playmaker. I was one of the few who loved the pick at the draft, and I still love the pick and think he could be special. That being said, he also still needs to work on his overall coverage skills to take it to another level and eclipse McGee IMHO...McGee doesnt get nearly enough credit for his talent, mainly because it gets lost in the defenses struggles.