Thursday vs Indy

mpl6876

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts or insight on Thursdays game. Will Gailey place more emphasis on playing well and trying to be competetive. Or is he going to strictly focus on evaluating players regardless of the outcome? Will, he have more of a game plan offensively? defensively? Is he going to play Maybin the whole game? How will the QB's be rotated in? How long are the starters going to play?

I sure hope we look better than we did against Washington.

Any information and opinions are appreciated.

I doubt Maybin plays the whole game again, probably the first half. As much work as he needs, we don't need anybody playing a full 20 game season or anything.

I suspect the QB rotation will be the same, except with Brohm in the place of Fitzpatrick.

Agree on Maybin, but I think he plays the second half :thumbdown:

I doubt Maybin plays the whole game again, probably the first half. As much work as he needs, we don't need anybody playing a full 20 game season or anything.

I suspect the QB rotation will be the same, except with Brohm in the place of Fitzpatrick.

I think the starters will see about a quarter of action which will be nice to see what Spiller does w/ more of a workload.

I'll closely watch Bell and the 1st unit line. Any soladarity is good, so a decent showing will be a confidence booster.

I hope Maybin plays the whole game again. I can't see a reason not to, considering he is looking to start the season as a situational pass rusher anyways, wear and tear shouldn't be an issue with him. I feel as if Maybin's continual improvement will come as he plays more, not continued reps in practice that focus on techniques etc. Second teamers or not, he'll learn that a speed rush doesn't work 9/10 times.

Go Bills!!

Based on the Bills practice notes from yesterday, they are preparing for Indy at least a little bit.

One different element in the practice setting was the number one offensive unit got an opportunity to see some Indianapolis defensive looks run by the second team defense. Later the first team defense saw some offensive looks as well to get accustomed to some of what they might see Thursday night.

Link

I really hope Maybin plays with a ton of confidence and works on different moves to rush the passer. I want to see proof that he is making progress.

I want to see a lot of Brohm so I can get the image of that deep INT he threw in ATL last year that TO pretty much gave up on. He is another one that I hope plays with confidence.

I wonder how many touches guys like Bell or Simpson will get if any with the first unit...probably not but who knows. It would be great if we uncovered another Fred Jackson-type back

I guess in general I'm looking for them to play with a sense of purpose and confidence. Ben Affleck said it best in Boiler Room, "Act as if..." Act as if we are actually a good team. Here's hoping they buy into that.

Based on the Bills practice notes from yesterday, they are preparing for Indy at least a little bit.

Good! I'm glad to see some strategy involved. Obviously, the result of a preseason game is meaningless, but I never agreed that you have to ignore game-planning completely.

I mean, it's a very important aspect of the game...

1. Part of player evaluation (how well do they listen and understand their role within a given game plan?)

2. It's part of the routine each week during the regular season. Why not start getting used to that routine?

3. If you know your opponent wants to get to your QB, for example, you need to counter that somewhat or the only performances you will be able to evaluate are those of your punter and your medical staff.