Lee Evans vs Miles Austin

Talley56

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO is almost a decade older than Evans, had 11 more catches, 200 more yards and essentially only ran one route (streak).

If Evans caught between 75-85 passes a year, he'd be worthy of the reception he gets in Buffalo. Some of that isn't his fault (Carousel at OL, QB and Coaching) but some of it is his fault. Owens came in here, well past his prime, and had a season equivalent to Evans second best ever without trying particularly hard.

This post prompted me to do a little research. Lee Evans is 29 years old, and TO is 36. Your statement that TO is almost a decade older than Evans is more or less correct.

Your statement that Owens' season in Buffalo was equivalent to Evans' second-best ever is a little off (but not much). Below is a list of Evans' seasons, from best to worst.

2006: 1292 receiving yards.

2008: 1017 receiving yards

2007: 849 receiving yards

2004: 843 receiving yards

2005: 743 receiving yards

2009: 612 receiving yards

Terrell Owens had 829 receiving yards during his season in Buffalo; which is roughly equivalent to Evans' third-best and fourth-best seasons (out of six).

Not to sound like a broken record here, but I love the fact that Evans' drop percentage is so low. That's huge. I also realize there were times when he got open but didn't get the ball, either because of Edwards checking down, or because of the OL's failure to pass protect. That said, Evans has not yet shown he can be a true #1 WR. I see him as a very good #1A--an improved version of Peerless Price, back before we traded him to the Falcons.

Your post is crap and makes no sense. So unless everyone says that the entire team is terrible and everyone should be cut, they're "fanboys"? I get that people don't are down on the Bills, but why can't we talk about the players without being called dumb? Your sentiment is entirely legitimate, but why do you feel the need to Call people dumb for not towing your line? I got news for you, unless you're employed as a personnel evaluator for one of the 32 NFL teams, your opinion counts just as much as the OP, mine, or a horses ass.

By the way, Megatron averages less per year, but got a $20mm signing bonus (mostly because of his size). He has the frame to box out, but his hands are soft as metal. :wallbash:

I've seen Johnson do things Lee Evans only dreams about, including beating double teams while injured. You can throw all the stats you want out there. Evans this and Evans that....

Stop embarrassing yourself. It's almost as bad as declaring yourself a 'beast mode' fan...

...oh no. Please don't tell me....

Ugh.

So much hate here on (at the moment) our best receiver and towards eachother for voicing opinions about how good he is.

It is kind of sad.

BTW why do you all care so freaking much how much Ralph pays the guy. It really doesn't effect that much.

So much hate here on (at the moment) our best receiver and towards eachother for voicing opinions about how good he is.

It is kind of sad.

BTW why do you all care so freaking much how much Ralph pays the guy. It really doesn't effect that much.

And yet another beaten down housewife chimes in....