Another uni's thread

While not critical to the overhaul going on at One Bills Drive ... when do these navy blue, cfl/ufl, abomination uniforms go away. I would have thought the mere fact that they were developed under Tom Donahoe would have sent them to the scrap heap long ago, but I keep tuning into to see all navy and want to spew in my shorts. We have tradition, a history ... and yet, we dress our team like an expansion squad circa 2030. Take your pick > the current alternate uniforms as permanent or the 1970s version with the white helmet or the royal blue with red helmet of the beloved 1990s. Update them a bit, but don't make the team look like a laughing stock. The only tie to the current unis is losing and losing badly. Get rid of them!

While not critical to the overhaul going on at One Bills Drive ... when do these navy blue, cfl/ufl, abomination uniforms go away. I would have thought the mere fact that they were developed under Tom Donahoe would have sent them to the scrap heap long ago, but I keep tuning into to see all navy and want to spew in my shorts. We have tradition, a history ... and yet, we dress our team like an expansion squad circa 2030. Take your pick > the current alternate uniforms as permanent or the 1970s version with the white helmet or the royal blue with red helmet of the beloved 1990s. Update them a bit, but don't make the team look like a laughing stock. The only tie to the current unis is losing and losing badly. Get rid of them!

Unfortunately, the uni's don't make the team look like a laughing stock. The TEAM makes the team look like a laughing stock. That hurt me to say it.

I can't understand why they don't ever wear the white pants with the Navy jersey like it was intended? The blue/blue look is symbolic with LOSING. Blue jersey/white pants at home just looks more professional. That's an easy change that they introduce now!

You are right ... but sometimes a change can alter attitudes. Example, the Patriots old red and white standing Patriots ... mostly symbolic of playoff failure. The have looked sharper and done better with the blue and silver look. I know. getting Tom Brady helps, too.

Unfortunately, the uni's don't make the team look like a laughing stock. The TEAM makes the team look like a laughing stock. That hurt me to say it.

:wallbash:

+1

While they are deciding how to go back to a more traditional look, couldn't they at least stop wearing the blue jerseys with the wide red stripe on the side, with the blue pants and the narrow red and white stripes on the side, that doesn't match, and absolutely looks like they were not made to be worn that way?!?.......oh wait, they were not made to be worn that way, were they? No, when I think back to Drew Bledsoe and London Fletcher modeling them when they came out, the home uni's had the blue jerseys matched up perfectly with the white pants, and the away uni's had the white jersey's matched up perfectly with the blue pants. Not that wearing them the correct way makes them look good enough to keep, but at least they would look more traditional and the stupid wide and narrow stripes would match up from jerseys to pants!

I don't care for the single color uni's.

For instance, the Ravens wear all black.

The Bills have it wearing either all blue or all white. I don't care for either one.

I like the way they were looking when Travis Henry was playing: wear the dark blue jersey with white pants.

Break it up a little bit.

:wallbash:

+1

While they are deciding how to go back to a more traditional look, couldn't they at least stop wearing the blue jerseys with the wide red stripe on the side, with the blue pants and the narrow red and white stripes on the side, that doesn't match, and absolutely looks like they were not made to be worn that way?!?.......oh wait, they were not made to be worn that way, were they? No, when I think back to Drew Bledsoe and London Fletcher modeling them when they came out, the home uni's had the blue jerseys matched up perfectly with the white pants, and the away uni's had the white jersey's matched up perfectly with the blue pants. Not that wearing them the correct way makes them look good enough to keep, but at least they would look more traditional and the stupid wide and narrow stripes would match up from jerseys to pants!

Exactly!

Hope this isn't another cost-cutting move....