For the first time in 10 years, we have top 5 talent on both sides of

I think that regardless of what people like to perceive as us being (a losing team, etc...), I feel we have a potential top 3 secondary and a top 5 running attack based on talent alone. As witnessed with the Jets last season, having top areas on both sides of the ball can lead you to better things.

This doesn't mean we won't suck or have issues this year, it means we have the people in place in those areas to build from. Having squads on both sides of the ball which we can rely on come gameday is a rare event indeed for us over the past 10 years. We usually had one good thing working on one side of the ball and not the other side, so I see this as a positive step in our favor.

Special teams looks to better than average as well, especially considering we have Roscoe, McKelvin and now Spiller to return kicks which should give us better than average field position during the games.

Go Bills.

http://www.databasefootball.com/leagues/le...1999&lg=nfl

Our 1999 / 2000 campaign featured the 2nd best defense in points allowed & a 16th ranked offense in points scored, so again nowhere near top 5 on either side of the ball. It's basically a top 10 finishing team by statistics alone, which is right where we ended up.

Good thoughts. I've said before, we're not the Lions for god's sake. We have some serious talent, and are just a pleasant surprise or two away from making a run at the post-season. Media wizards may predict we'll be in the toilet, but that's based more on past performance. The game is played on the field, not on paper.

Every year there are teams that seemingly come out of nowhere to make the playoffs. There's no reason to believe we won't be one of those teams very soon.

We have top-5 RB depth, I think it remains to be seen if we can translate that into one of the league's best ground games. But we have the skilll-position talent, and I think we have the coaching oomph. The question is if the big dudes up front can seal the deal. But they've always been better runblockers than passblockers, and I think some holes might start opening up.

And that said, it's amazing how much better an offense starts looking when it gets used to 2nd and 4 instead of 2nd and 9.

Our only team that looked the part of being close to the playoffs was the 2004 Bills which had a 8th ranked offense & 9th ranked defense.

Our Achilles heal was that fateful regular season game against the best defense in the league, their backups could of probably started just about another defense on their own. That defense eliminated our playoff hopes on the final day. They ruled just about every defensive category that year, if you look into it.

http://www.databasefootball.com/leagues/le...2004&lg=nfl

i do think we will have a top 5 ground attack wood, levitre, and hangartner are all solid so our inside holes will be good. Plus we have 3 different backs with 3 different skill sets which will go long ways to screw up defences and the way they think to play us. Plus Chan is known for establishing a good run game which is why I see us playing alot like the jets last year by running about 60% of the time and focusing on short passes. It should allow for a quick offensive turnaround

We have top-5 RB depth, I think it remains to be seen if we can translate that into one of the league's best ground games. But we have the skilll-position talent, and I think we have the coaching oomph. The question is if the big dudes up front can seal the deal. But they've always been better runblockers than passblockers, and I think some holes might start opening up.

And that said, it's amazing how much better an offense starts looking when it gets used to 2nd and 4 instead of 2nd and 9.

A checkdown at 2nd & 4 looks like a smart play because it gets you a firstdown, versus 3rd & 4. Trent knows how to get 4 or 5 yards on a pass, he's a expert at that.

i do think we will have a top 5 ground attack wood, levitre, and hangartner are all solid so our inside holes will be good. Plus we have 3 different backs with 3 different skill sets which will go long ways to screw up defences and the way they think to play us. Plus Chan is known for establishing a good run game which is why I see us playing alot like the jets last year by running about 60% of the time and focusing on short passes. It should allow for a quick offensive turnaround

This normally also eats up more clock, gives you a better time of possession and allows the defense to rest for better end of the game results. How many times over the past few years did we run out of 4th quarter gas? Too Many is the obvious answer.

This normally also eats up more clock, gives you a better time of possession and allows the defense to rest for better end of the game results. How many times over the past few years did we run out of 4th quarter gas? Too Many is the obvious answer.

Yea but unfortunately we still dont have a run defense. If it comes to the point that we do then I will feel more then ready to take this approach. Lets just hope that Bell can hold up at LT and we can really get the playaction sold. I have a feeling that our offense could suprise some

Yea but unfortunately we still dont have a run defense. If it comes to the point that we do then I will feel more then ready to take this approach. Lets just hope that Bell can hold up at LT and we can really get the playaction sold. I have a feeling that our offense could suprise some

This post is based on talent alone, not judging previous coaches ideas of how to handle a team. I had 0 faith in us ever holding a lead with these guys coaching, it was unwatchable at best. DJ and his crew were expunged and we have a all new work until you drop mindset in place.

Having the talent to make plays and calling the right plays are 2 different worlds that the Bills have been lacking. We have had talent and not had the ability to make intelligent game moves for 4 quarters, this looks to be changing.

The defense had a goal line stand in Friday's practice were Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch and CJ Spiller were all stopped in succession. Sounds like a pretty good run defense to me.