Office Christmas Parties

_BiB_

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.  I just read the newspaper.  There's something almost every week.

145285[/snapback]

But only in blue states. Seems like in red states if someone did something to a child they would be taken behind the woodshed and handled the old fashioned way. I guess lawsuits and litigation are better. :w00t:

Being a DOD Contractor, to another DOD Contractor to an Agency that works for the Pentagon, I've ended up with invites to 11 different XMAS get togethers (so far). Shotgun Christmas Spirit too, BTW. The average out of pocket expense is about $25 for each. If, it were practical to go to all of them (some scheduled on he same date) it would cost nearly $300.00. People really expect you to go, too. Seriously. It's like one of those "suggested" things that you know is really an order.

I'm not going to any of them, but I know people that feel as though they have to. $300 bucks to wear a suit and tie out to something you don't want to be at anyway is pretty damn unreasonable.

Anyone else running into this crap?

144999[/snapback]

Need a date ? :w00t:

Why the @#$^%^ would you have to pay to attend a company Xmas party?

Are you talking about taxi &/or sitter that you'd have to pay if you went out anywhere?

145329[/snapback]

Because XMAS is the season for getting around illegal networking?

Thanks man .... Merry Christmas to you too....I've seen dead ones on the side of the road....Seems they are a real road hazard here in the outback.  Need to get a Bull Bar for my car.

145377[/snapback]

Do they make roo floss for cars? :w00t:

BTW, whats it cost for a Christmas tree there?

As far as the X-mas tree goes...don't know...I've been here 2.5 weeks and was just happy to get cable and DSL hooked up in the last 2 days.  I will look into such things.

145385[/snapback]

My wife and I have over 200,000 frequent flyer points with our American Express rewards program, we’ve been saving for a trip to Australia. I cant wait to go. I want to do it for an Anniversary trip, we’ve been married almost 15 years. Its one of the places that we’ve really wanted to go..