Pre-Season TV Schedule?

BillsNYC

I'm 35-40 minutes from the closest bar. And at every one I've asked at, none have been willing to put a Bills game on even a single TV. Heck, the bar that I thought I had the best chance with actually laughed out loud when I asked. I told them I wasn't kidding, and that they'd make good money off of me trying to drink off the inevitable "Yeah, it's the Bills" kind of games - but still nothing.

That seriously blows.

Nice.

I did a quick check at the NFL Network, and only noticed the first airings of the games. I was wondering if the Bengals game would be available at a more reasonable time than 2am. Well is 7am better than 2am? Depends on the day/night, I suppose. That's probably he "most important" of the preseason games, and the hardest to catch, for me.

No DVR?

Nope.

Maybe soon. But for the most part, it's just TV. If I miss something it really isn't that big of a deal.

I would imagine you will be able to watch it live on-line. Pre-season games are a little easier to find!

I would imagine you will be able to watch it live on-line. Pre-season games are a little easier to find!

Yes, that's my plan. But it's good to have a fall-back. I can get up to watch the game, no problem. There may also be another airing not yet scheduled. I may even ask the local bar if they can DVR the game and show it at happy hour the next day.

Yes, that's my plan. But it's good to have a fall-back. I can get up to watch the game, no problem. There may also be another airing not yet scheduled. I may even ask the local bar if they can DVR the game and show it at happy hour the next day.

I could be wrong, but I scoured the NFL Network schedule pretty thoroughly. I think the reason the re-air the last games fewer times, is because the pre-season games are on more scattered schedule (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday games).

Thanks for listing these - I move back to Texas in two weeks, and I'm six hours from the nearest BB bar (and can't get DirecTV at my apartment). I've been trying to figure out how I'll possibly be able to watch!

I can't tell from your post why you can't get DirecTV at your apartment. If your lease gives you the exclusive right to use a patio or balcony that is not considered a part of the "common area," then in most circumstances your landlord or apartment manager cannot legally prohibit you from installing a satellite dish on that patio or balcony, no matter what your lease says. There's a Federal Communications Commission ("FCC") rule that makes this clear.

Here's a link to the applicable FCC rule:

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Note that there are some fairly limited circumstances where the landlord can regulate some aspects of how your dish is installed.

If you don't have a clear view from within your patio or balcony to the part of the sky from which the satellite beams down the TV signal, or if you just find the cost of the football package too expensive, you would still have a problem.

I suppose you would still have to decide if you want to piss off your apartment manager or landlord by insisting on doing something they would like to prohibit (and risk retribution for petty lease offenses they might otherwise overlook), but in most circumstances they cannot legally prevent you from having a satellite dish on your own patio or balcony, in Texas or anywhere else, no matter what your lease says.

Good luck!