It seems like the Bills are saying the right things this offseason.

Your entitled to your opinion. Attacking my opinions are one thing but attacking me and my commitment to being a Bills fan is unwarranted and really uncalled for. If it makes for feel better have at it. No hard feelings here.

That would be a true statement if you had ever demonstrated a commitment to being a Bills Fan in any of your posts.

Instead you can be counted on to attack any positive statement about any Bills Player, Coach, or Front Office Type. If a Bills Fan posts something that he or she feels good about you can be counted on to jump in and attack that opinion. If someone has something negative to say about the Bills you're right there telling them how much you agree with them and what a good post it was. I've noticed you defending the Cheatriots*, the Jests, the Dullfags, and the Chargers in various threads. But you never defend the Bills, according to you Everything about the Bills Sucks!

And we're supposed to believe you're a fan?

Right!

Go Away TROLL!

I know I am not wanted here but I found a couple of quotes that appear to have validity.

You do realize that everything is not always about you, right? I doubt it. I'll try to spell it out a little bit... the problem that many posters have with your posting is simple. This is a thread with a simple premise: to post positive quotes about the Bills from the Bills. It helps some of us feel better, feel optimistic, feel like maybe this season won't be a waste. It doesn't matter what reality may be come December. It's about trying to have hope and optimism for a new season - now.

You come in, on the 5th post, and your contribution? Negative quotes from a known Bills' basher. This is typical trollish posting that you seem to thrive on. You think the Bills are going to suck. You have no optimism for the upcoming season. Fine, we all get it. But, don't post in everyone's threads your negative comments and inuendo and expect people to like you.

There are plenty of posters that don't like the events of this off season. But they aren't ridiculed every day. Why? Because they aren't trolls posting negative comment after negative comment. They post their negative thoughts when it's appropriate and leave threads like this alone. Why? Because they have a little class and self respect.

But, in the end, I suspect you know exactly what you're doing. You're achieving just the right amount of "look at me, I'm starving for attention" responses that you crave. So, carry on. I suppose revel in your own brand of self-grandizing look at me's and give your life meaning. We all need that in some way or another.

Chan Gailey on practicing in pads (from yesterday's presser):

"It's a tough game for tough people and I feel like in order to be a physical football team you have to feel what it's like to be in pads…you can run around in shorts and get an idea of your responsibility and what your job is but to understand the game and how it's played with leverage and low man wins you gotta have pads on…the other thing I think is big, is often overlooked Murph (speaking to John Murphy, showing presence of mind), is we end up protecting our players when we go out in pads. Guys feel confident about diving for balls, guys feel confident about running through gaps…you can do that, you can bang on each other and not get injuries and I like that."

The above soundbite built on what Gailey said earlier (paraphrasing) "We know what they can do in shorts…we need to know what they can do in pads."

In just a few short sentences, Gailey articulated some simple but outstanding points that are rarely explained to football fans…the necessity of practicing in pads to understand the game better (shoulder pads and helmets immediately raise the center of gravity, you have to play low) and that practicing in pads, in Gailey's opinion, actually reduces the incidence of injuries in practice.

When if ever, have you heard the opinion that practicing in pads is safer for the players?

This guy seems to have something going on.

Tell it like it is Dan!!! :ph34r:

Sorry, I try to just let the idiots roll on by, but every now and then I break down and have to comment when they so purposefully try to derail a perfectly decent concept. :lol:

Chan Gailey on practicing in pads (from yesterday's presser):

"It's a tough game for tough people and I feel like in order to be a physical football team you have to feel what it's like to be in pads…you can run around in shorts and get an idea of your responsibility and what your job is but to understand the game and how it's played with leverage and low man wins you gotta have pads on…the other thing I think is big, is often overlooked Murph (speaking to John Murphy, showing presence of mind), is we end up protecting our players when we go out in pads. Guys feel confident about diving for balls, guys feel confident about running through gaps…you can do that, you can bang on each other and not get injuries and I like that."

The above soundbite built on what Gailey said earlier (paraphrasing) "We know what they can do in shorts…we need to know what they can do in pads."

In just a few short sentences, Gailey articulated some simple but outstanding points that are rarely explained to football fans…the necessity of practicing in pads to understand the game better (shoulder pads and helmets immediately raise the center of gravity, you have to play low) and that practicing in pads, in Gailey's opinion, actually reduces the incidence of injuries in practice.

When if ever, have you heard the opinion that practicing in pads is safer for the players?

This guy seems to have something going on.

+1

And making the OL wear knee braces is pure genius IMO. Simple but effective safety measure.

CG's mantra def is play hard but play smart.

Sorry, I try to just let the idiots roll on by, but every now and then I break down and have to comment when they so purposefully try to derail a perfectly decent concept. :ph34r:

Lol. I think we've all made that futile attempt at trying to get mpl to quit ruining threads.

Sorry, I try to just let the idiots roll on by, but every now and then I break down and have to comment when they so purposefully try to derail a perfectly decent concept. :ph34r:

The simplest thing I can say about the posters here is that they break down more or less like this:

Some posters really add to the board.

Some posters add nothing to the board.

Some posters detract from the board.

It's this last group that drives me crazy. No articles. No links. No good topics. No thoughtful, intelligent takes. No contributions.

Just the same monotonous, broken-record, predictable, repetitive, takes.

These are the posters we could all parody, they are so robotic in their stupidity.

Then on top of that, many of them are needy, or have some martyr complex. They pretend that they are victims. They are passive aggressive.

I have no problem with dissent if it's intelligent. Rex Ryan's Lapband is a good example. He's a Jets' fan. So what? He's funny, informed, and a good guest.

Hossage gets under people's skins as does Leonidas but they are obviously smart guys and obviously Bills fans. They sometimes lose on style points but to me, that's fine.

But these trolls…and I don't have to name names…if I were the moderator, they'd be gone. And I'm against censorship but I can't tolerate some of these idiots.

Thank God for the ignore feature.

That would be a true statement if you had ever demonstrated a commitment to being a Bills Fan in any of your posts.

Instead you can be counted on to attack any positive statement about any Bills Player, Coach, or Front Office Type. If a Bills Fan posts something that he or she feels good about you can be counted on to jump in and attack that opinion. If someone has something negative to say about the Bills you're right there telling them how much you agree with them and what a good post it was. I've noticed you defending the Cheatriots*, the Jests, the Dullfags, and the Chargers in various threads. But you never defend the Bills, according to you Everything about the Bills Sucks!

And we're supposed to believe you're a fan?

Right!

Go Away TROLL!

I am not about to get into a pissing contest with you. I simply express my viewpoints on how I see the current affairs of the Bills. It just so happens to be mostly negative and I will not apologize for that. Your questioning me about being a Bills fan is again uncalled for and unwarranted. There is no evidence to prove that point. A fan can be extremely critical of his team especially after they have a 10 year track record of being pretty poor. If it makes you feel better go ahead and "sling that mud" because your insults don't faze me.

I thought the purpose of this board was to express my feelings and opinions with other Bills fans. I see nothing wrong with commenting negatively or positively to other member's post. I have that right just like you do. To me, the beauty of this board is to see all the various viewpoints. This forum and its members are very diverse and I think that's what makes this forum so special and fun. I actually look forward and get excited when I see some of my favorite and not so favorite members names creating another thread or post. I read it with anxious anticipation.

With all due respect, I think you are making yourself look very foolish. I will admit I was foolish some weeks ago. However, I truely believe I have stopped being insultive and fooloish. I cannot say the same for you. I think you have every right to disagree with my post, question my viewpoints and opinions. However, you have really crossed the line when you question whether I am a Bills fans or not. Believe it or not, there are plenty of Bills fans who see a "bleak" outlook for the upcoming season or two (2). I just so happen to be one of them.

Sir, you have a nice day and maybe one day we will be in the stands yelling and screaming for "our Bills." No hard feelings because through thick and thin "we Bills fans will stick together."

I know I am not wanted here but I found a couple of quotes that appear to have validity.

Fred Jackson:

"For us to get respect, we have to go out and make the people respect us," Jackson said. "The only way to change that is to go out and win ball games."

Fred Smerlas:

"They make it very tough to root for," Smerlas said. "They bring in a coach no one really knows. When you're playing against (New England coach) Bill Belichick, who makes $10 million a year, I'm not putting Chan Gailey in there. I'm not putting a cat against a lion."

Noting that coach and quarterback are the most important positions to address for any team to be competitive, Smerlas added: "I have to have a game plan, and I need a guy smart enough to execute that game plan otherwise I'm dead. And they're just dead."

These aren't my quotes.

Well, just my opinion, Smerlas is a ****head. He's was mediocre..he should keep his opinion in Southie like the dirtbag he is.

mpl6876=TROLL. Not a bills fan. Not one of us.

I dont even understand why someone would want to come to a team fansite and say bad things about the team. What do they get out of it? It is like they are all reading from a script.

I would like to include a Mike Tyson quote instead. "I'll f_ck you till you love me, faggot." That shows the type of attitude we need here in Buffalo.

One thing that stands out to me since the start of the offseason is not really a quote, it's when Chan decided to remove all the big screen TV's from the training room, I think it sent a message loud and clear, club Med is over, we mean business from now on...

You do realize that everything is not always about you, right? I doubt it. I'll try to spell it out a little bit... the problem that many posters have with your posting is simple. This is a thread with a simple premise: to post positive quotes about the Bills from the Bills. It helps some of us feel better, feel optimistic, feel like maybe this season won't be a waste. It doesn't matter what reality may be come December. It's about trying to have hope and optimism for a new season - now.

You come in, on the 5th post, and your contribution? Negative quotes from a known Bills' basher. This is typical trollish posting that you seem to thrive on. You think the Bills are going to suck. You have no optimism for the upcoming season. Fine, we all get it. But, don't post in everyone's threads your negative comments and inuendo and expect people to like you.

There are plenty of posters that don't like the events of this off season. But they aren't ridiculed every day. Why? Because they aren't trolls posting negative comment after negative comment. They post their negative thoughts when it's appropriate and leave threads like this alone. Why? Because they have a little class and self respect.

But, in the end, I suspect you know exactly what you're doing. You're achieving just the right amount of "look at me, I'm starving for attention" responses that you crave. So, carry on. I suppose revel in your own brand of self-grandizing look at me's and give your life meaning. We all need that in some way or another.

Mr. Dan, I have no reason to apologize for any of my recent postings. Including the ones in this thread. Let me correct you on a few things.

(1) I haven't been in Buffalo for over 15 years and I often lose touch with Buffalo Bills issues. Call me stupid if you want; but I never Knew Fred Smerlas was a "know Buffalo Bills basher."

(2) I have never expected you or anyone else to like me.

(3) Dan, I have no agenda. I just express how I feel.

(4) I am not straving for attention or looking for any I'm straving for attention."

(5) Self grandizing and life meaning...That statement is ridiculous and inflammed with malice. No other comment needed.

(6) Have you ever thought for one minute that I have a difficult time reading positive statements from you and others. Maybe to me they seem furthest from the truth. Maybe the positive posts are insulting to my intelligence because I truley believe our team is in trouble. I believe in being positive when I see positives I don't see much yet. It cuts both ways Dan.

Dan, I suppose your anger got the best of you. I will not engage in any immature bashing here.