Another tackle possibility bites the dust.

It's not a surprise that he goes to a contending team, a team which needs an LT right now and can go deep into the playoffs this year.

Pittsburgh does not need a starting LT folks!! He was signed to play RT.. We already signed an old washed up RT so our needs were already met. LOL :censored:

Those are the only two "fan pleasing" FA's brought in over the past 10 years I could think of. Not sure what Darth is talking about.

I definitely agree that they were "seat fillers!!"

not anymore...looks like he'll be starting for Pittsburgh.

If you read the article carefully you will note that he might be playing right tackle for them ... there are a lot of questions about his ability to play the game in 2010.

We should look at those tackles in their early 40's who retired not of their own choice. I bet we can find some who can still strap on a jock strap and get into the battle.

Until we play real games we just won't know what we have ....

So, let's keep screaming about these has-bin's who might have a few quarters left in their bodies ... rather than looking at some young talent that needs the chance for game experience so that they are ready to play a role in future successes.

If you read the article carefully you will note that he might be playing right tackle for them ... there are a lot of questions about his ability to play the game in 2010.

We should look at those tackles in their early 40's who retired not of their own choice. I bet we can find some who can still strap on a jock strap and get into the battle.

Until we play real games we just won't know what we have ....

So, let's keep screaming about these has-bin's who might have a few quarters left in their bodies ... rather than looking at some young talent that needs the chance for game experience so that they are ready to play a role in future successes.

Frankly I think we should look at who can play now. Adams apparently, at least in Pittsburgh Steelers front office and coaching staff's minds can play left tackle today. He's better at right or left tackle than anyone we have on our roster and I'm willing to bet he'll start at either right or left tackle for the Steelers. I don't think we have anyone who would start at right or left tackle for the Steelers.

Maybe I'm wrong and our two starters will be pro-bowl players and take us to the superbowl. Let's wait and see.

Threads like these have been too many and there's more to come like it. Bottom line is there will be no tackle signed until Buddy and Chan size up Bell, Merideth and the rest of what we have on the roster. We're going with what we have and everyone on TSW will just have to get used to it.

Ahhh...now I understand why the Pittsburgh Steelers have been such a lousy franchise. Why would they sign a walking holding machine. Come to think of it..why would they put him in the pro bowl all of those years? We don't seem to have a problem with penalty prone tackles from Oakland.

jonathan scott is penciled in thats why

I'm not a big fan of the tackle situation here, but ...

Flozell is just not a good fit for a rebuilding team. Just when we got decent, he'd retire. Better to make sure this year that we absolutely need someone and draft one high, or trade for or pick up a YOUNG free agent. Flozell was just too old for this young team.

It's not a surprise that he goes to a contending team, a team which needs an LT right now and can go deep into the playoffs this year.

OK...so someday we'll be decent? Can I have that in writing please?....