Flozell Adams

If our guys don't perform this year, if we look at all like last season, the fans are going to probably forget about anything else good that might come of this year, because with such weak O-line play as last year's, there's no way we can win games. I just don't think people will be forgiving of Nix and Gailey if the line is terrible again this year, because they passed on both the draft and F.A. to address it. Not saying it will be bad, or that they don't bring in someone still - I think Tampa has a guy that's close to being traded or lost to F.A., for instance... just that if we do fall apart there, there won't be any excuses for them, except that they were willing to sacrifice a year to "just see" what we've got. The Steelers weren't willing to do that. For me, it comes down to Nix being either willing to lose a year, as I said, or he really believes in these guys, or that the O-line is more a unit than one player. We'll see.

If our guys don't perform this year, if we look at all like last season, the fans are going to probably forget about anything else good that might come of this year, because with such weak O-line play as last year's, there's no way we can win games. I just don't think people will be forgiving of Nix and Gailey if the line is terrible again this year, because they passed on both the draft and F.A. to address it. Not saying it will be bad, or that they don't bring in someone still - I think Tampa has a guy that's close to being traded or lost to F.A., for instance... just that if we do fall apart there, there won't be any excuses for them, except that they were willing to sacrifice a year to "just see" what we've got. The Steelers weren't willing to do that. For me, it comes down to Nix being either willing to lose a year, as I said, or he really believes in these guys, or that the O-line is more a unit than one player. We'll see.

They should be held accountable for not addressing the OL. By most accounts, any football guy understands the game is won in the trenches. Nix/Gailey should be ashamed of themselves for trying to fool us. They haven't fooled me...IMO, they have made a colossal mistake.

They should be held accountable for not addressing the OL. By most accounts, any football guy understands the game is won in the trenches. Nix/Gailey should be ashamed of themselves for trying to fool us. They haven't fooled me...IMO, they have made a colossal mistake.

If you watched football last year, you'd realize Adams was a shell of himself. The only reason the Steelers signed him is because their starting LT went down. And Pittsburgh's oline isn't much better than ours.

If you watched football last year, you'd realize Adams was a shell of himself. The only reason the Steelers signed him is because their starting LT went down. And Pittsburgh's oline isn't much better than ours.

If you read my post you would realize that I never mentioned picking up Adams.

If you read my post you would realize that I never mentioned picking up Adams.

I jsut assumed you were just assuemd you were jsut hating on Trent. :flirt:

But seriously, who do you want us to get? I wanted Bulaga but apparently Bulaga and a lot of teams didn't think he was a LT. You don't take RTs in the top 10.

Adams is hardly the difference for this team and the SB. I'd rather see how our young players develop.

Shockingly, sometimes players get better.

+1

Wood and Levitre are just going to get better. The whole line is so young - Hangartner is the oldest one at 28. Sure LT is a soft spot, but I don't think the entire line is all that weak. I'll put money on whomever wins the battle at LT outperforming a 35 year old Flozell Adams.

I jsut assumed you were just assuemd you were jsut hating on Trent. :flirt:

But seriously, who do you want us to get? I wanted Bulaga but apparently Bulaga and a lot of teams didn't think he was a LT. You don't take RTs in the top 10.

It is a legitimate question that I have been asked several times. It is really impossible for any of us to answer this becuase it is after the fact and none of us were in the draft room. I would have preferred to trade the pick. However, we don't know if that was possible. My inclination thinks the Bills had no intention of doing this. This was indicated by how they "ran" to the podium and picked Spiller. They didn't even want to listen to any trade offers. They had 10 minuted to see...I really think that was a mistake. Some will say with validity "why wait if that's your guy." Also, some will question LT Davis' work ethic. However, he was picked by Mike Singletary and the 49ers at 11. He wasn't and isn't afraid to get in his players asses and motivate them. I suppose Chan/Nix think otherwise? I would have been happy with Davis at 9 and Clausen at 41. Or trade down and get Brian Bulaga or Dan Williams. Then with the pick they received they could have selected a LT like Saffold or Charles Brown.

Maybe it could have looked like this # 22 Bulaga/Dan Williams, #35/36/37 (via trade down) Saffold or Brown # 41 pick Clausen. (4th round could have picked Cam Thomas)

I would have been jumping for joy.

Instead # 9 Spiller and #41 Troup . Its all hindsight.