In Case you were wondering why we drafted Spiller 9th

Do you not comprehend the English language?

He said in his post, if there is no franchise QB, DE, or LT when it is your turn to draft, take a play-making RB. Exactly what this staff (in it's first year together) did.

The Bills must have felt there were no QB, DE, or LT prospects worth spending the ninth pick on.

That is subject to interpretation. There was Bradford, Okung, Williams, Davis, D McNabb, Clausen ?, Gaither, J Brown, Gaither,....

The list goes on and on. They have had plenty of chances to make a move. Plan and simple they haven't

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is subject to interpretation. There was Bradford, Okung, Williams, Davis, D McNabb, Clausen ?, Gaither, J Brown, Gaither,....

The list goes on and on. They have had plenty of chances to make a move. Plan and simple they haven't

Sooooo, the first overall pick was available at the ninth overall pick? And the fifth as well? I didn't know that.

The other OT prospects had their warts, not exactly sure fire players.

Clausen is a cocky second round pick, I could take him or leave him.

You listed Gaither twice, and he has the same sh*tty attitude that earned J. Peters a trip out of Buffalo.

McNabb said he didn't want to go to Buffalo. He wanted to stay in the division and stick it to the Eagles for giving up on him.

Sooooo, the first overall pick was available at the ninth overall pick? And the fifth as well? I didn't know that.

The other OT prospects had their warts, not exactly sure fire players.

Clausen is a cocky second round pick, I could take him or leave him.

You listed Gaither twice, and he has the same sh*tty attitude that earned J. Peters a trip out of Buffalo.

McNabb said he didn't want to go to Buffalo. He wanted to stay in the division and stick it to the Eagles for giving up on him.

No need to have such an angry tone.

Are you implying that Spiller is a sure thing? Far from that....

Some people could precieve the cocky Clausen attitude as a positive or convert that attitude into a positive. IMO,I wish TE had some of that attitude.

Mike Singletary picked Davis at #11. I think most football fans have a fair amount of respect for him. He wasn't afraid to take him. Whether it works out or not, I think that says something about Davis' talent.

I think most of the fans here would be elated if we picked up Gaither...or had picked up J. Brown

IMO, our QB situation is "bleak." I am not holding my breath that TE, Fitz, or BB are going to have breakthoughs years and the "light" is going to go on. It can happen but I would say the chances are very slim. If we do not do something with our Qb situation this year what makes you think they will next year? Didn't we all think they were going to address the LT position this year? Didn't we think they were going to address the QB situatution this year? They did neither! Instead they are telling us that they are going to evaluate our talent and see what we have. As a fan, I think I know what we have! It doesn't appear to be adequate. Now we have see how they will do under Gailey's "magical wizard like offensive system." For one, I am not too hopeful that anything significant is going to change with our QB/LT positions. I truely believe what the "new regime" has done is unacceptable. The TWO MOST IMPORTANT POSITIONS ON THE FIELD HAVEN'T BEEN ADEQUATLEY ADDRESSED. There were moves to be made and they choose not to act. How can we be successful? Go ahead hand off the ball to Spiller and hold your breath because it's going to be a friggin long season.

I know this won't sit well with many of you and I respect that. This was written from the heart with no malice.

Did you just not pay attention this offseason or what? We made offers for some of those guys and some of those other guys were never remotely available or possible for us to obtain. I get you can do whatever you want on your Madden game, but in the NFL things work a little differently as there is that pesky thing that you need the other party to agree...

Why dont you just add Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Chis Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald to your make believe list too as many of those people on there were about as obtainable as some of these guys.

And clearly not many teams were very high on Claussen as he fell a looooonnnngggg way and was passed on by every team and some twice by people who get paid a ton of money to evaluate players...

Did you just not pay attention this offseason or what? We made offers for some of those guys and some of those other guys were never remotely available or possible for us to obtain. I get you can do whatever you want on your Madden game, but in the NFL things work a little differently as there is that pesky thing that you need the other party to agree...

Why dont you just add Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Chis Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald to your make believe list too as many of those people on there were about as obtainable as some of these guys.

And clearly not many teams were very high on Claussen as he fell a looooonnnngggg way and was passed on by every team and some twice by people who get paid a ton of money to evaluate players...

Come on Alpha, I believe an organization has to make things happen. For the most part, I do not accept the fact that they couldn't make things happen. I will not settle for that kind of excuse. You can if you like.

Granted all video so far has been against college competition, but damn that guy is fast. Watch his hands too, switches ball away from defenders and wraps both arms when entering traffic. Definitely wouldn't have been my first round pick, but I am looking foreward to watching him wearing a bills jersey. (preferably on the field making plays and on sunday night highlights ---clarification included for nit-pickers)

Basically Nix did not like any of the QBs or LTs that were left when their pick came around. So he had 2 choices:

1) Pick one anyway even though you don't like them just to appease the media and fans.

2) Take the best available player that is left.

Buddy chose number 2. Do I like that we ended up with a running back ... no. Do I understand it ... yes.

We have sucked ass for 10 years and counting, this is not a 1 draft rebuild. I suspect they will be looking for help for our most glaring need positions again next draft and hopefully things will go better. At the very least next years QB class shows a lot more depth and promise.

That assumes Nix was making the call.

In 4 years Spiller with be an experienced back with a great O line. Sometimes picks aren't made for this season.

If it takes us the next 4 off seasons to build an OL, the completion of that task will ironically align with the expiration of Spillers expected 5 year rookie contract. :devil:

That assumes Nix was making the call.

If it takes us the next 4 off seasons to build an OL, the completion of that task will ironically align with the expiration of Spillers expected 5 year rookie contract. :devil:

Why don't we just give him seven or eight seasons?