The Buffalo News: Chan Gailey the Fundamentalist

What you get from ESPN/NFLN/etc is the great group think. If you keep saying something often enough, in sports or politics, it becomes accepted as fact. Also the Bills are such minor players in the NFL world, no one cares about how accurate any statements you make about them really are. That's how the New Orleans Saints win the Super Bowl in a year no one picked them to make the playoffs.

Really this is where the Bills need to be right now. Completely ignored by the media. No distractions going into a grueling, demanding training camp. Chan is going to whip these bums into lean mean football machine, or at least something better than the clown show they have been the last few years.

PTR

Thanks for responding. I agree w/ the above insight. RWR

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you get from ESPN/NFLN/etc is the great group think. If you keep saying something often enough, in sports or politics, it becomes accepted as fact. Also the Bills are such minor players in the NFL world, no one cares about how accurate any statements you make about them really are. That's how the New Orleans Saints win the Super Bowl in a year no one picked them to make the playoffs.

Really this is where the Bills need to be right now. Completely ignored by the media. No distractions going into a grueling, demanding training camp. Chan is going to whip these bums into lean mean football machine, or at least something better than the clown show they have been the last few years.

PTR

A kernel of truth to your statement.

We aren't being ignored by the media we are being picked at the bottom of the NFL standings. Big difference.

When we were a power house team in the 90's I don't remember being ignored by the media. I remember a ton of coverage. I can see hear Chris Berman saying "no one circles the wagons better the Bills." Over and over and over. Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Marv Levy always getting air time. That was when ESPN was "the" major football TV coverage. Chris Bermin picked us to win super bowls year after year after year....He loved us and I loved him back.

It's so easy to slam the media when we don't like what they say about our team. I happen to be a Bills fan who is agreeing with the media's assessment of our team. We aren't ging to win many games....