Troy Smith More than a Backup

PDaDdy

None of that relates to NFL experience and success. If just being in NFL Camps and OTAs was all you needed, Gibran Hamden would be an All Pro by your standards.

That is just dumb. Being in the NFL taking part in all those NFL activities doesn't give you NFL experience? Please just stop talking. On top of that you make ridiculous wild speculation that Hamden would be an all pro. Just give it up buddy. Experience is no guarantee. Just like your ability to type is no guarantee of intelligence.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just dumb. Being in the NFL taking part in all those NFL activities doesn't give you NFL experience? Please just stop talking. On top of that you make ridiculous wild speculation that Hamden would be an all pro. Just give it up buddy. Experience is no guarantee. Just like your ability to type is no guarantee of intelligence.

Sorry "buddy," but he's right. You brought up the point about Troy's experience, we just reminded you that he had none. Fitzpatrick has been in the league since 2005, so technically he's got way more experience.

His comment about Hamdan being an all-pro was in reference to your comment about OTA's, not that Gibran Hamdan would have actually been an all-pro. You should really stop embarrassing yourself...

Go into an interview with a baseball cap on backwards, jeans, and a dirty t-shirt and tell me how important a first impression is. No matter how relevant your argument was - and fortunately, it wasn't - it would have suffered from a lack of credibility. Love it or hate it, it's the truth.

Again lazy people that pay more attention to the source of the information than the information itself. Use your brain. See the validity of my statement. A good idea is a good idea whether it comes from a janitor or the CEO of the company. FORTUNATELY I am not interviewing with you so your opinion of my name amounts to absolute jack squat! Keep that brain on cruise control buddy. Why waste time thinking when you can just dismiss things so easily based on capitalization? :rolleyes:

Wait, so that "experience" you're talking about admittedly has little to do with actual game experience, but experience in the Ravens' OTA's and training camps? Really? That's what you're going with? If experience is what you're looking for, stay with Edwards and Fitzpatrick - they've each got more game experience than T. Smith has...by a longshot.

Like I told the other poster. Engage that brain. Pull it out of neutral. There was no guarantee of success for this experience either expressed or implied. BUT...he does have it. It is valid and it is miles and miles beyond NOT HAVING IT! Another way to look at it is he is not a rookie. Does that make it easier for you to get the concept? You know. They always talk about rookies getting used to the speed of the game. The size of the players. The complexity of the schemes, etc. Do you get it now what that experience means.

Sorry I really am being a jerk but I thought that it was obvious what benefit this experience was. It;s my fault perhaps for not being clear about what that experience meant.

Sorry "buddy," but he's right. You brought up the point about Troy's experience, we just reminded you that he had none. Fitzpatrick has been in the league since 2005, so technically he's got way more experience.

His comment about Hamdan being an all-pro was in reference to your comment about OTA's, not that Gibran Hamdan would have actually been an all-pro. You should really stop embarrassing yourself...

OK clown boy this is what bills freak said:

"None of that relates to NFL experience and success. If just being in NFL Camps and OTAs was all you needed, Gibran Hamden would be an All Pro by your standards."

Doesn't it seem like he is insinuating the logic conclusion to my statement is that OTAs makes you an all pro? It is you who should really stop embarrassing yourself.

P.S. I have provide a link to the definition of insinuate in case your brain is still in neutral.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insinuate

Nobody said Troy would be a star. Let's clear that up. I only think he would be great to add to come in to compete and would quite possibly be the best QB on the roster. Let's be honest Trent hasn't had a serious competitor in the going on 4 years he has been here. Despite that fact HE STILL GOT BENCHED!!!

oh come on, you have to blame some of trents troubles on that revolving door called offensive line especialy the tackles.and i belive brohm will give trent all he can handle.and if troy was so promising why hasnt any other team come calling??? :rolleyes:

You are the one who needs to give it up buddy? You are the only one in the Continental United States that agrees with your point, so what does that tell you? It should you that you are the one who needs to stop talking, because you sound even dumber with each and every post you reply to trying to justify your ridiculous point. And no, being in Camp and OTAs doesn't give you NFL game time experience, anyone who lives in the real world knows that. If you would stop talking, maybe less people would throw your stupid ideas back in your face. The point of Hamden was a sarcastic point that was being made, but I guess you don't understand that either? No surprise?

Good to see there are still people on this board who understand the English language and don't take everything literally.

Again lazy people that pay more attention to the source of the information than the information itself. Use your brain. See the validity of my statement. A good idea is a good idea whether it comes from a janitor or the CEO of the company. FORTUNATELY I am not interviewing with you so your opinion of my name amounts to absolute jack squat! Keep that brain on cruise control buddy. Why waste time thinking when you can just dismiss things so easily based on capitalization? :rolleyes:

Keep defending an indefensible position. You look like an idiot, but rather than change it, you defend it. Well, good luck. I'm sure plenty of janitors make excellent executive decisions.

Like I told the other poster. Engage that brain. Pull it out of neutral.

You keep saying these things as if they actually mean something...

There was no guarantee of success for this experience either expressed or implied. BUT...he does have it. It is valid and it is miles and miles beyond NOT HAVING IT! Another way to look at it is he is not a rookie. Does that make it easier for you to get the concept? You know. They always talk about rookies getting used to the speed of the game. The size of the players. The complexity of the schemes, etc. Do you get it now what that experience means.

Sorry I really am being a jerk but I thought that it was obvious what benefit this experience was. It;s my fault perhaps for not being clear about what that experience meant.

Keep telling yourself that Troy has the experience because of OTA's and mini-camps. I'm sure that'll sell the Bills faithful on sending a third round pick for him. Seattle thought so highly of Smith that rather than send a sixth rounder for him they sent a second and third for a guy who's never thrown an NFL pass.

OK clown boy this is what bills freak said:

"None of that relates to NFL experience and success. If just being in NFL Camps and OTAs was all you needed, Gibran Hamden would be an All Pro by your standards."

Doesn't it seem like he is insinuating the logic conclusion to my statement is that OTAs makes you an all pro? It is you who should really stop embarrassing yourself.

P.S. I have provide a link to the definition of insinuate in case your brain is still in neutral.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insinuate

Do you know what an if/then statement is? Do you know how logic works? If OTA's and mini camps were all that mattered, then Hamdan would be an all-pro. If my aunt was a man, then she'd be my uncle. See where I'm going with this?

Why am I even explaining this? I have things to do.

oh come on, you have to blame some of trents troubles on that revolving door called offensive line especialy the tackles.and i belive brohm will give trent all he can handle.and if troy was so promising why hasnt any other team come calling??? :rolleyes:

As stated before. What other team has a QB need like the Bills. I can't think of one. Every other team that comes to mind is considerably better off than the Bills and it is certainly more realistic that they can work with what they have. You could be right though. What team is in as dire a need as the Bills? I'm certainly open to suggestion.

Do you know what an if/then statement is? Do you know how logic works? If OTA's and mini camps were all that mattered, then Hamdan would be an all-pro. If my aunt was a man, then she'd be my uncle. See where I'm going with this?

Why am I even explaining this? I have things to do.

Sure I do. Why would he pose an IF/THEN regarding something that in know way relates to what I was saying. In no way did I express or insinuate that OTAs, film study, years in the league, acclimation to the size and speed of the game were all that was necessary to be an "all pro".

I can play this game too. "Why am I even explaining this?"

As stated before. What other team has a QB need like the Bills. I can't think of one. Every other team that comes to mind is considerably better off than the Bills and it is certainly more realistic that they can work with what they have. You could be right though. What team is in as dire a need as the Bills? I'm certainly open to suggestion.

Teams that needed a QB as of March 1:

Seattle (traded for C. Whitehurst)

Cleveland (signed a beleaguered Jake Delhomme, drafted Colt McCoy)

Baltimore (signed Marc Bulger over keeping Troy Smith as the #2)

Pittsburgh (traded for Byron Leftwich)

Oakland (traded for Jason Campbell)

St. Louis (drafted Sam Bradford #1 overall)

Am I missing any?

So is a 5th too much for a starting QB?

A starting QB?? :rolleyes:

Please pass the bong.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for the "Average college QBs that played on good teams who have done nothing in the NFL but just might be the Bills starting QB so let's trade for him 'cause you never know!!!" list?

So far J. Russell and T. Smith are the leading vote getters.

Sure I do. Why would he pose an IF/THEN regarding something that in know way relates to what I was saying. In no way did I express or insinuate that OTAs, film study, years in the league, acclimation to the size and speed of the game were all that was necessary to be an "all pro".

I love how you come off as a complete moron yet get indignant about it. Classic.

You said Smith had experience, yet when we put holes in that, you backpedaled into OTAs and mini-camp 'experience.' And while you didn't say that was "all" you needed, you used it as one of your main points to trade for the guy. Everyone here read it, and now that it's been refuted you're getting insecure. Stop.

Dude,

I can not stand reading your posts. You write in a style and tone that is really difficult to read. Do you not have a life that you have to respond a dozen times to what someone else says?? And for god sakes get over Jason Campbell. He sucks. Have you watched him play over the years? He brings nothing to the table. He was horrible in the Bill-Redskins game at Fedex Field in 2007. And is Troy Smith even on an NFL roster? You are grasping at straws. If we get any kind of decent O line play, whoever starts for us will be good enough to get the job done.

If you are going to bore us with your babble in the future, try and discuss something marginally original.

Please pass the bong.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for the "Average college QBs that played on good teams who have done nothing in the NFL but just might be the Bills starting QB so let's trade for him 'cause you never know!!!" list?

Colt Brennan, Chase Daniel, Ken Dorsey, Timmy Chang, John Beck, Eric Ainge, Kliff Kingsbury (I think he was actually in camp with us a few years ago), Chris Leak, Brad Banks, Graham Harrell, Brian Brohm (oh crap we already have him?). We could get any of these "college stars" for nothing, why would we give up anything for Troy Smith?

Colt Brennan, Chase Daniel, Ken Dorsey, Timmy Chang, John Beck, Eric Ainge, Kliff Kingsbury (I think he was actually in camp with us a few years ago), Chris Leak, Brad Banks, Graham Harrell, Brian Brohm (oh crap we already have him?). We could get any of these "college stars" for nothing, why would we give up anything for Troy Smith?

Actually Colt Brennan is the one guy on that list I'd really like to have...

Teams that needed a QB as of March 1:

Seattle (traded for C. Whitehurst)

Cleveland (signed a beleaguered Jake Delhomme, drafted Colt McCoy)

Baltimore (signed Marc Bulger over keeping Troy Smith as the #2)

Pittsburgh (traded for Byron Leftwich)

Oakland (traded for Jason Campbell)

St. Louis (drafted Sam Bradford #1 overall)

Am I missing any?

Perhaps again I wasn't clear. Teams in need of a QB as of July 21st? That is the question I posed relevant to what WE can do now. Troy Smith wasn't a "real" possibility as a trade candidate until Marc Bulger was just signed a couple weeks ago. I discussed looking at him a few weeks ago but Baltimore wasn't in the position at that time to really trade him. Bulger makes considerably more possible now if not likely.

Who knows if the rumors are true and Trent doesn't win the starting job and is released we may acquire Troy Smith now that Baltimore has another viable option for a backup.

Please pass the bong.

Please don't lump me in. There is NO guarantee that Troy Smith would be our starter but he could potentially VERY easily beat out Trent Edwards who is potentially our starter.