Brian Brohm Wll Never Have a Better Chance To Start

I haven't argued that trent shouldnt be allowed to compete. What I have said is that trent won't win the competition.

Simply put, I see no way that Brohm loses this battle, I see nothing in trent that screams "starting QB".

again, IMHO, there is no way trent wins this job. He's a rob johnson, great in practice, awful in games.

tend to agree w/you here...not so much that he is awful, but rather that he has been fragile. the line didn't help, but all QBs must adapt to their situations and find a way to stay on the field. if not, you risk losing your job.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Brohm is just obviously not smart enough to run an NFL offense, or quick enough mentally, then I'd say let's give him a chance - especially in the pre-season. We know Edwards and Fitz - in that Fitz is a backup only, and Edwards has potential, but he'll have to show no signs of panick as he has in the past. So, why not let Brohm play a ton in the pre-season? Some people play differently on game days, and he might go out and turn some heads.

Maybe the least impressive post in the past month....what, in your brilliant opinion, should Brohm have done better from your view from a cube in Seattle?

I truly hope Brohm is as good as some of you seem to think he is. What would I want him to do better? Been good enough to beat out a 7th round draft choice for the backup position at GB. Play well in his one start for the Bills. Been more impressive in OTAs. There's nothing on his football resume yet that screams out "Chamionship QB." I truly hope that changes but am not confident. Think of all the high draft choices who have disappointed us (Mike Williams, JP Losman, John McCargo, Erik Flowers, Marshawn Lynch?). With that history, I'm just not expecting a guy we picked up off waivers to be our savior. Really hope I'm wrong and this guy goes to several Pro Bowls and leads the Bills back to the Super Bowl.

Thanks for the "brilliant opinion" comment. As a lifelong Bills fan, I always appreciate the support and comaraderie of my fellow fans.

Btw, no cube here. Home office. Watch the games not televised here on the internet.

DarthIce, what is odd about you is that you want to disqualify TE to be the starter because of his prior performances yet you won't consider disqualifying Brohm from being a starting qb because of his dismal prior performances. I guess logic and consistency certainly aren't traits you have in abundance.

Couple points.

--- You are just noticing this (re: Ice)

--- We seen many poor performances from Edwards, yet only one from Brohm, in which he operated behind a makeshift

O-line, and had only a third of the playbook available to him? Sorry, but that single game we saw Brohm play in (against Atlanta) isn't anywhere enough to make a legitimate evaluation of him.

Yes exactly. He lost the job last year and has never thrown for 300 yards; he appears timid and brittle; is not a Bills fan.

He wasn't a big time qb coming out of college, so what are people waiting on here?

There's no future, what's the point in playing him?

Many many QBs look terrible for a year or two or three and then the light goes on. It's an extremely common story. It might or might not happen with Trent (or Brohm). The only thing that we know is that we don't know.

If Brohm can't beat out Edwards then he doesn't deserve to play - but he needs playing time to develop the potential he has. Edwards is a waste of time - that's why there is anti-Edwards sentiment here. No one wants to waste time on his maddening check downs another season and not give Brohm every opportunity to develop

No one except, you know, many people.

Thinking that you know Trent is a waste of time simply shows that you don't know the difference between knowing something and guessing it.

I'm not going to argue against competition, that is the way it should be. However, TE didnt come into buffalo as the automatic backup like BB did in GB, there was NO WAY he was going to unseat rodgers, so to compare BB to TE from a PT perspective isnt really fair.

Not true. Rodgers hadn't yet looked like a franchise guy. He just looked like a guy who had a chance to be one. Many of those guys fail. If Brohm had come in and played like Dan Marino, he could have unseated Rodgers, there's no doubt about it.

Was it likely? No. But possible? Sure, if he outplayed him.