ESPN Radio in Pittsburgh

Geo in Pa

The local ESPN radio station here in Pittsburgh has a couple of bozos who bash Buffalo every single day. If it's not the weather or there's nothing to do up there except go bowling - they come up with some other sh--. And they really hate Mularkey - they are so glad him and his wicky-wacky offense are up in that craphole city of Buffalo.

I've lived here for six years now and it never ceases to amaze me the holier than thou attitude the people around here concerning their sports teams and their city. I try to tell them they don't call this Pennsyltucky for nothing.

You should listen to the announcers on the radio for the Steelers games - constantly trashing the other teams. It all goes back to the 70's super bowl teams - it was over 25 years ago - you would think they would have some humility by now. Plus, now with Rothlisberger around it's getting even worse. God, I wish somebody would beat this team by 21 just to shut 'em up.

:w00t::ph34r::o

I'M WITH YOU... I miss Tony Kornheiser sooooo BAD!!! these two, Guy Junker and Eddie Crow, are actually worse than the moron they had right when TK left... I didn't think it was possible, but they get it done everyday.... sucking bigtime that is. I used to love listening to ESPN 1250 during my workday travels, now I can't stand more than a few minutes of Junker and Crow... I tried, I gave them many chances and listened to almost entire shows... but I can't stand these guys. I don't like local guys being on the radio anyway... national guys are much better for me. I can't stand Mark Madden either, they take off one hour of Dan Patrick for him... pisses me off. (although sometimes Madden is funny but in a "wow, I shouldn't laugh at that, but I can't help it" sort of way)

Yeh, they can be annoying.  You would think 4 home playoff chokes under the current coach would've humbled them by now.

142797[/snapback]

:w00t::ph34r::o

Oh man, that final game of the season is going to be sweet. Even if we're not playing for anything other than pride...I bet Mularkey can't wait for that one...

Cope is still here... but they barely let him speak because he gets everything WRONG and can barely tell what's going on... he rarely makes sense. Listening to a game on the radio makes me want to drive into a wall. (since the only time I would have the radio on is in the car... thank God I rarely leave the house any more on Sundays...)

he was injured a little while ago... fell in his house I think... I don't like his radio work, but like I said in a past post, I don't wish him harm and hope he is ok.

Cope is still here... but they barely let him speak because he gets everything WRONG and can barely tell what's going on... he rarely makes sense.  Listening to a game on the radio makes me want to drive into a wall.  (since the only time I would have the radio on is in the car... thank God I rarely leave the house any more on Sundays...) 

he was injured a little while ago... fell in his house I think... I don't like his radio work, but like I said in a past post, I don't wish him harm and hope he is ok.

142896[/snapback]

Sad to hear that. Cope was very entertaining and very astute in his heyday.

I second whoever said theyd have trouble picking a team in a pats/iggles super bowl, I hate them both, but I really really hate eagles fans bc my old roommate was one. They act like their team is so fantastic and have for years, even though the only thing they ever did was make it to ONE lousy super bowl and they lost it. At least the Bills can win conference championship games. An iggles SB win might make me swear off football.

I went to a wedding in Pittsburgh in June. It's a nice town. However, there was nothing there that would make me say that they should look down on the city of Buffalo. They are similar cities in many ways. If anything, the fact that it is a land locked city and we have Lake Erie should be a huge plus for Buffalo. Let them come out here to San Francisco and see what a real city is. Those guys sound like morons. They'll be crying and whining when th Steelers find a way to get kicked out of the playoffs.

I'M WITH YOU... I miss Tony Kornheiser sooooo BAD!!!  these two, Guy Junker and Eddie Crow, are actually worse than the moron they had right when TK left... I didn't think it was possible, but they get it done everyday.... sucking bigtime that is.  I used to love listening to ESPN 1250 during my workday travels, now I can't stand more than a few minutes of Junker and Crow... I tried, I gave them many chances and listened to almost entire shows... but I can't stand these guys.  I don't like local guys being on the radio anyway... national guys are much better for me.  I can't stand Mark Madden either, they take off one hour of Dan Patrick for him... pisses me off.  (although sometimes Madden is funny but in a "wow, I shouldn't laugh at that, but I can't help it" sort of way)

142826[/snapback]

A couple of weeks ago I saw Madden coming out of a bar on the South side - wanted to kick his ass - but the guy is huge - huge in a bad way. Must go about 300 pounds. :lol: He would've killed me.

the play-by-play personality may have changed, but I hope the color guy, Myron Cope (oy-yoy!), is still there

He's still there Cincy. I listen to him about once/year for some reason (this year it was postgame on the way home from the Pitt/NE game) and he is still absolutely hysterical. I don't even care whether or not he is talking ball, he's just one of the greatest personalities I've ever heard on radio, and it's all genuine.

Somebody mentioned he was doing less work and that is true. But it's not because the quality of his work has fallen off, apparently he's not in great health and is suffering from some sort of ailment in his throat.

I don't think he'll be around much longer so if you find yourself in Western Pennsyltucky, get a listen in while you can.

OY!!!!!

Cya

He's still there Cincy. I listen to him about once/year for some reason (this year it was postgame on the way home from the Pitt/NE game) and he is still absolutely hysterical. I don't even care whether or not he is talking ball, he's just one of the greatest personalities I've ever heard on radio, and it's all genuine.

Somebody mentioned he was doing less work and that is true. But it's not because the quality of his work has fallen off, apparently he's not in great health and is suffering from some sort of ailment in his throat.

I don't think he'll be around much longer so if you find yourself in Western Pennsyltucky, get a listen in while you can.

OY!!!!!

Cya

143466[/snapback]

you really haven't listened if you think the quality of his work hasn't fallen off... like I said above, he gets everything wrong, players, teams, stadiums, cities, plays, yardlines, penalties.... they barely let him talk and when he does they usually ignore him or cut him off... I hate all the dumb western PA talk too, all the made up words and crap, makes him sound even more un-intelligent than normal

you really haven't listened if you think the quality of his work hasn't fallen off... like I said above, he gets everything wrong, players, teams, stadiums, cities, plays, yardlines, penalties.... they barely let him talk and when he does they usually ignore him or cut him off... I hate all the dumb western PA talk too, all the made up words and crap, makes him sound even more un-intelligent than normal

143568[/snapback]

I bit yunz duzznt say dat wenn ya wake up to a plate uh scrapple.

:doh:

WHA???????