Statistically Jim Kelly's worst full season was his 3rd as well...

I'll agree with you up to a point. It's true the team never replaced Kelly, and that the lack of a Kelly-like QB has been a huge source of pain ever since Jimbo hung up his cleats. But there are other players from those teams who never got replaced either. Other than a year or two of good LT play from Jason Peters, we never replaced Will Wolford. There was no replacement for Kent Hull after he retired. This team could also use a Howard Ballard. While the failure to replace Kelly was the single biggest source of failure, the almost complete lack of talent on the current OL (other than at guard), is enough to kill the offense even if we did have a QB.

There is a bigger picture here, we're missing about 2 solid people from the line. We need a LT and a center, without which we are weak. I can see Bell help us at LT but I fear any center right now is a guess.

I would expect us to try and run a lot but be forced to do play action based on our line inexpierence. Plan on us trying to force the run and our plays to be pulled apart by game 3, which forces a change.

There is a bigger picture here, we're missing about 2 solid people from the line. We need a LT and a center, without which we are weak. I can see Bell help us at LT but I fear any center right now is a guess.

I would expect us to try and run a lot but be forced to do play action based on our line inexpierence. Plan on us trying to force the run and our plays to be pulled apart by game 3, which forces a change.

To be realistic the Raiders let go of Green for a reason, if he were a top RT he would still be with them.

So the Bills need a LT- RT -C, and for some reason they keep avoiding drafting a LT with early draft picks, two years in a row the Bills don't fill that need position at LT in the draft after trading away JP.

That kinda leads me to believe that perhaps they don't want anyone with Jason Peters ability because they don't want to pay them top money. If they had kept Peters and paid him he would be making way more then any Bills QB on the roster.

If that is true it makes me wonder what they will do if they are sitting with the #1 overall next season...

+1

Do we really need to find some obscure stat to make us feel like Edwards is any good ?.

Kelly was cocky and had just as much as an ego to match it. He was vocal (wrong or right) on the fields as well as off.

But he also believed he could win all by himself and never doubted his abilities. He had the fire and will to win and his teammate believed and followed him.

Other than the fact that they both wore the same uniform, they are miles apart.

+1 ^^^what he said exactly^^^

I find it so comical how so many people try and find some pathetic link in some statistical category or playing style of the greats to somehow give Edwards potential or make him look good.

Come on now, its not just about his stats...watch the games. This guy has poor field vision, lacks poise, seen his confidence get shaken big time, terrible timing, checksdown even on 3rd and long, an ugly med to deep game, and doesnt know how to throw to WHERE the reciever will be open in a defense and instead tends to wait until the WR is open (which in the NFL means the WR will no loinger be open upon delivery of the ball).

Does it mean he cant improve...no...but all these threads trying to find statistical comparison to greats like Montana, Kelly, Brees, etc are just terrible. Trent has never had any of that swagger nor their talent. Doesnt mean he cant be turned around and be serviceable, I mean anything is possible. But come on with all these attempts to somehow link him to the greats.

And I get that a player needs time to develop, but Trent not only has not developed yet, but he has progessively gotten worse. I have never seen a guy live on his High School hype more than him. Lets see...

-He hasnt had a single healthy season since High School.

-He has just ONE 300 yard passing game since High School.

-He hasnt been a winner since High School. I mean, his last year at Stanford, they won ONE game and it was the one game he did NOT play in since he was hurt...he played in every other game and they lost each one.

This guy has been a "potential" guy his whole life...he wasnt very productive in College nor did he win a lot of games and has been even worse in the NFL. Thats a long time to just get by on his high school hype because he certainly hasnt done anything impressive at any level since High School.

If we want to be picky about it ... Kelly had about 54 games in the USFL to season his pro game & make the transition from college ... that probably didn't hurt his entry in the NFL.

It's funny that everyone ignored this point. Pro experience at any level helps every QB. Look at Kelly, Young, Warner, Delhomme, Garcia, Moon, etc. You don't get better sitting on the bench.

It's a shame that the NFL doesn't have a minor league system. A lot of Qbs might have different careers if they did.