Mid-life Crisis

damj

Mid-life Crisis ... What did you / will you roll with?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. For thise you have had, or are planning your mid-life crisis ... what's it gonna be?

• Hot younger lady
    • New car
    • New motorcycle
    • Boat / jet-ski, etc
    • Other
    • I don't need no stinkin' mid-life crisis

Now THAT was pretty damn good! I gotta hear me some more Wilmer. Wonder why I'm drawing a complete blank?

Thanks D.

This was my favorite Dukes song

with a nice intro. This not a live performance, but great sound.

It is part of Music Mikes Flashback Favorites and he mentions their origins in Geneva, but credits the Inferno as making them "famous". He also says Wilmer & the Dukes were the probably inspiration for Otis Day and the Nights from Animal House.

I saw 'The Fabulous Dukes' a couple times in Rochester several years back at the Beale Street Cafe (downtown not the new "safe" one in the burbs).

The original drummer and organist were still playing with some younger musicians, doing very good sets, including some Wilmer and the Dukes cuts. I spoke for a while with the organist, who smiled when I said I remembered them from WKBW as a teenager. He pointed out Wilmer Alexander, sitting right there at the bar, relaxed and sipping whiskey, and I did not have the heart to disturb him. :rolleyes:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great post - simply because I didn't realize how many of you were as old as I am! I suddenly feel young again!

No crisis. I'm glad at this age I can afford the toys that I wanted 30 years ago. Mine is a 1961-vintage 21' Lyman to which I've just finished giving the complete body makeover. Four coats of high-gloss brilliant white lacquer with candy-apple red highlighting. Refinished the transom last weekend; three coats of poly and three coats of Petit "Captain's Varnish". Looks like a fuggin' mirror, if I do say so myself. Even gave her a new coat of anti-fouling paint on the bottom. The piece-de-resistance will be put in within the next 2 weeks - a new 302-block Ford V-8 Interceptor with a Hollie 4-barrel. I can practically feel the wind blowing through my receding hairline.

I'm getting younger every year.