Time get get TO back for a reduced salary

That's your proof? Hate to break it to you, but NO ONE scored much during the season. TO had 6 total TD's and Evans had 7 (2 were in a whipping at Tennessee). Again TO can't throw the ball to himself, or block for the QB, or design plays. And while he's not the same receiver he was even just 5 years ago, the WR corps would be much improved over what it is now.

Then you must have wiped any memory of T.O giving up on routes, not fighting for the ball, not breaking up interceptions, and so on? You act like T.O. is so freakin' awesome but nobody wants the guy.

PTR

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you must have wiped any memory of T.O giving up on routes, not fighting for the ball, not breaking up interceptions, and so on? You act like T.O. is so freakin' awesome but nobody wants the guy.

You must have missed Evans doing the same things. How else can one explain his stats?

Suffice it to say that no one was happy with AVP's offense, or Trent's QB play.

You must have missed Evans doing the same things. How else can one explain his stats?

The offence was bad

That explains why both players stats were bad, but TO also had plenty more opportunity to make himself look better, but instead he didn't fight for balls, gave up on routes, and didn't try to break up interceptions. this was clear as day if you actually watched the games this year, and was even clearer if you saw him in person. It wasn't just this year, TO has done this for years. A friend of mine during the NO game we went to (he's a Cowgirls fan) and he said to watch, you can read TO to see if the play calls for him to get the ball cause he gives little effort if its not.

which games are you watching, nfl stats have lee evans dropping one ball all season. you just love terrel owens so much, what did your mommy make for supper?

The Bills have me trained to not expect anything special when December hits, so for me, it's now about just winning as many games as possible, so I'd rather see TO than some rookie.

you must mean marcus easley, because there is only one rookie wr on the roster i can think of, and actually exactly zero rookie wrs on the team last season, so what are you talking about? you love terrell owens so much, arent you glad to be on summer break, looking forward to sophmore yr at cheektowaga hig :thumbsup: h?

The offence was bad

That explains why both players stats were bad, but TO also had plenty more opportunity to make himself look better, but instead he didn't fight for balls, gave up on routes, and didn't try to break up interceptions. this was clear as day if you actually watched the games this year, and was even clearer if you saw him in person. It wasn't just this year, TO has done this for years. A friend of mine during the NO game we went to (he's a Cowgirls fan) and he said to watch, you can read TO to see if the play calls for him to get the ball cause he gives little effort if its not.

I'm not disputing TO did that stuff at times last year. I said that I saw Evans give some half-hearted performances last year. And he was the #1 WR. John Reed, who had been a dependable #3, fell off the face of the earth. Still, I'd rather have TO (and Evans) on the team in a real offense, than not, until I see the younger guys prove themselves.

Until this team can prove to me that Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish and James "Supermodel" Hardy (He still exists?) can produce better than an aging Owens, then I'll stand by my claim that I'd rather have him than not have him. We currently have the worst wide-out group in the AFC-E, who has probably the worst QBs in the league throwing to them. How does returning our 2nd best pass-catcher make us worse-off? Stop holding a grudge against the guy just because he didn't live up to the lofty expectations presented by Mayor Brown and the dork dressed in a popcorn container.

Until this team can prove to me that Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish and James "Supermodel" Hardy (He still exists?) can produce better than an aging Owens, then I'll stand by my claim that I'd rather have him than not have him. We currently have the worst wide-out group in the AFC-E, who has probably the worst QBs in the league throwing to them. How does returning our 2nd best pass-catcher make us worse-off? Stop holding a grudge against the guy just because he didn't live up to the lofty expectations presented by Mayor Brown and the dork dressed in a popcorn container.

If any WR scores more than 1 TD in his first ten games, they are already twice as good as T.O. was in 2009.

PTR

What game were you watching last year?

What is the objective case you can make for Steve Johnson being an adequate #2 WR? (In fact, what credible subjective case can you make for Lil Stevie I wonder which of his two receptions impressed you the most?

In 2008 he did impress by being a good enough player that he merited seeing action in 11 games and even won a start in a game. However, in his quest to be so good a player that he basically forced the Bills braintrust no matter how stupid or forced the QBs be they Edwards, Fitzy, or Brohm to throw to him he actually regressed statistically and only appeared in 5 games and none as a starter.

Do you have any objective case to make for Johnson or do you simply hate TO?

I think the answer is obvious as there simply is no objective (or really even a credible subjective case to be made for Steve Johnson, I agree it is way to early to give up on him as a player he has looked good at times but it really shows pretty little football knowledge to want to simply give him the #2 slot after he quite arguably regressed in his production last year.

Likewise which other WR are you willing to simply give the #2 job too> Did Parrish's season impress you so much?

Perhaps it was Hardy's 14 games in 2008 which impressed you so much or instead which of the 2 games he appeared in last year as he recovered from injury which impressed you the most.

Is it that there were over 100 chances for folks to choose Easley to be a starting WR which all the teams passed on picking him before the Bills snagged him in the 4th round.

I also am quite hopeful that Easley will prove to be a big surprise and merit the #2 slot, but yet no ream saw reason to snap him up but again there is no substantive reason to do more than pray,

Did TO suck?

Sure to the extent that the Bills O was inadequate. Yet, the simple facts are he easily led this team in receptions, yardage per catch and did finish second to Evans in TDs.

Competition is the answer and though the passing game for the Bills sucked over all. TO was pretty close to the best WR we had last year.

ok again you stretch stats to fit a weak argument and think your right? here is why...TO doesnt block at all, doesnt catch well, and wont adjust to off target passes, Saying things like, "led the team in receiving, second to Evans in TDs" is plain stupid.

Led what team? the worst bils offensive team in years??? WOW! great point, Second to Evans in TD's , WHo cares! he was probably second to 20 recievers who had more TD's last year.

As for parrish, i never mentioned him, so why did you?

Lots of teams passed on Tom Brady in the draft , does this mean Bledsoe should have remained the starter forever?

Lots of teams pass everyday on TO, this is your very argument so what does that mean???

Hardy and Johnson have whats called POTENTIAL which needs to be explored, not wasted for another year so we can go 6-10 and you can watch old lazy TO drop 2 passes for every TD he scores. Why not bring back Peerless Price?, he had better stats than TO did back in 2001 or Moulds maybe hes ready to come in and produce like in 1998. WOW 55 passes and 6 td's lets mortgage the future so you can get off on watching TO. Every year new guys you never thought were good can become good , ala george wilson, fred jackson, TO isnt getting any better dude.

you must mean marcus easley, because there is only one rookie wr on the roster i can think of, and actually exactly zero rookie wrs on the team last season, so what are you talking about? you love terrell owens so much, arent you glad to be on summer break, looking forward to sophmore yr at cheektowaga hig :unsure: h?

Are you !@#$ing serious? You and I have never spoken before, and this is how you address my post? Piece of ****, I oughta kick your mother. !@#$ing douchebags around here.

Lots of teams pass everyday on TO, this is your very argument so what does that mean???

It means nothing really. For all we know, not every team is "passing" on T.O. There may be teams that are interested but not at the price or terms he is asking, or he may not be interested in said team, or he may not be interested in playing football any longer (ala Schobel), or he may be rolling the dice and extending his off-season (ala Brett Favre), or whatever.

On the other hand, assuming that T.O. does want to play and wants a similar deal as he had last year, one should note that the Bills paid T.O. very well last year including giving him the option of skipping practices at his own discretion in turn for his very limited production on the field and, perhaps more importantly, a spike in season ticket sales. The only other team in the rarefied air of ineptness that the Bills occupy is the Detroit Lions, and their front office may not be considering such a ticket sales gimmick as necessary or part of their plans. I suspect T.O. will have to choose between retirement or being a part-time mercenary for hire at much reduced pay and as a stop gap for a team with injury issues. In answering the question, "What have you done lately?" T.O.'s portfolio simply isn't that of an A-list free agent.