Cops in Ohio can write speeding tickets

BLZFAN4LIFE

This isn't the game Oregon Trail here. :flirt:

Who the hell fords a river in a "deeper than your wheels part?" That is where the natives come in... You think they will tell you for free where the real primo, shallow parts are? Go ahead and caulk your wagon, have a nice time time in St. Louis. :unsure:

"The first section of the Oregon Trail bisected two major Native American tribes--the Cheyenne to the north and the Pawnee to the south. The emigrants worried about both. But the expected attacks did not come. In fact, there were many instances of Native American kindness--helping pull out stuck wagons; rescuing drowning emigrants; even rounding up lost cattleMost of the encounters with Native Americans were simple business transactions. The emigrants offered clothes, tobacco or rifles, in exchange for Native American horses or food."

Trading with them is fine, you usually get some good deals. But asking their help to cross the river is usually a rip-off. Most of the time they want 10-20% of your money left over. (if you aren't a kitty and play as a carpenter)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think paying income tax is morally wrong, but I am scared of the consequences so I pay.

Well, you just go with Sales Tax instead, which would screw the poor and favor the rich, unless you have some prebate like "the Fair Tax".

That said, there is far too much police enforcement costs, especially with the ridiculous amounts of OT they pull in. It is the worst when you have officers before they retire pull in so much OT so their retirement pension is so far above and beyond what the average person gets at the taxpayers expense. In suburban areas, the cops are far too often there for generating revenue for the town. Instead of protecting and serving the public good, they are serving the gov't bureaucracy by stomping on the taxpayer for minor infractions or made up ones.

Hell I had Monroe County Sheriffs pull me over for picking up my boss from the Rochester Airport, they pull me over with 4 cars for 2 of us, and they give me a ticket for "blowing a stop sign". 2 cruisers proceeded to tail me from the Airport back to Brockport. Moral of the story, police will make up something to give you a ticket and harass you if they think you can't do anything about it. Oh yeah, a couple officers were suspended because my boss had her video camera on for the duration of them stalking me for 20 miles.