College Conference Shake Ups

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely. So if the fatter TV contracts do NOT materialize, expect Texas to upset the apple cart once again.

I bet Aggie fans are just thrilled with this bit of news.

I get the feeling Texas might get it's network up and running ASAP, then bolt.

Article in the local n'paper today:

Doc: Cheaters are winners

USC is in NCAA trouble. It was worth it, though. Every penny.

by Paul Daugherty, Cincinnati Enquirer 6/15/10

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2010061...ers-are-winners

Biggest problem is still the boosters and/or alumni. Schools can crack down and self report violations all day long, but boosters with deep pockets will continue to find ways to "help" aspiring student-athletes achieve their dreams.

Like this guy from USC. USC did not cheat. They just broke the rules.

"I'm still proud of my school and our athletic programs," says Mark Larson, a long-time USC booster from Orange County. "There's a difference between cheating and breaking the rules. This was breaking the rules. It's ludicrous to say USC was cheating.

Linky

Biggest problem is still the boosters and/or alumni. Schools can crack down and self report violations all day long, but boosters with deep pockets will continue to find ways to "help" aspiring student-athletes achieve their dreams.

Like this guy from USC. USC did not cheat. They just broke the rules.

Linky

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I think they cheated. Big time. We're not talking about a phone call during a dead period in recruiting,or not counting stretching towards your weekly workout minutes. We're talking about compensating players with houses and who knows what else. The rumors had been around on the message boards for years,and not just about Reggie Bush or the football team. U$C was dirty as hell and they finally got caught at something.