Lets talk football

mpl6876

Hey mpl,

I haven't been posting here long, but I have noticed a trend of sorts. After every losing season we tend to indulge in a bit of Bills bashing, wallow in our failure, curse our players, the coaching staff, old RW and everything Bills. Hope always springs eternal though and we start looking forward to the draft, always hoping things will get better. When you've sunk as low as we have, there is no way to look but up. There will always be naysayers, who keep harping about how we will never amount to anything, how the coaching sucks, player sucks, scheme sucks..whatever. They usually start around the time we start our losing streak and go on till OTAs. Suffice to say, the act wears thin. You are not the only one sick of losing. Most of the naysayers and doom 'n' gloomers quiet down by OTAs. Its a fresh start and we all want our Bills to succeed. We want to give them a chance because lets face it, crying about our failures is getting quite boring after 10 years.

I respect your opinion. I just think our feelings about the Bills tend to reflect a sine wave and right now most of us are high on optimism and are looking forward to the season. I think thats why you're facing a lot of flak. Most of what you've been saying has been said by countless other people for six months or so now. Most of us have got it out of our system.

Welcome to the board and I hope this season gives you something positive to talk about.

P.S... Sorry no cliff notes.

I really appreciate your response. It was honest to the point and respectful. Thanks for the insight. I am going to try to change my attitude.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude thanks for regurgitating our team weaknesses. I'll make it simple, watch how I do this, you'll have more time to be a moron and less time to type nonsense!

1. Our OLine is weak at the tackles

2. Our QB's are average or worse

3. Our WR's are unproven except for Evans whom you show manlove for

4. Maybin sucked last year and when you saw Blindside you became an Oher fan

5. We should have hired Cowher

See that took me about 1 minute, now I have time to bone my wife, play golf or watch Operation Repo on DVR

Hey thanks can I hire you as my editor ($5.00 an hour ok) and after that maybe you can scatch my back, fold my cloths and wash my underwear.

Honestly I can't read posts that are longer than 3 paragraphs. I must have ADD or something. That or these long posts really are boring.

PTR

i concur. i stop reading after one paragraph. i don't see how people can't make their points in one paragraph.

We should be o.k. on Defense - so, our offense will probably determine how many games we win this year. My guess is that teams will play our run and blitz our QB, cover the screen and the short routes. So, Gailey will have to have an answer. We know this - so, Nix and Gailey must've known this in February. That is what puzzles me - they either are comfortable with getting pummeled, think our tackles will hold up enough to go the intermediate and long routes, or have some kind of strategy designed to deal with it. I'm hoping we can play better and operate like a normal offense (something we haven't seen here in about three years or more!), but, if we can't I'm hoping Gailey has some new system in mind to make us capable of scoring.

Very good post. I am hoping Gailey has something in store for our opponents.

i concur. i stop reading after one paragraph. i don't see how people can't make their points in one paragraph.

Two things.

First, "concur" is my favorite word of all time.

Second, I think its cool you are member # 10,000.

That is all. Carry on.

Hey mpl,

I haven't been posting here long, but I have noticed a trend of sorts. After every losing season we tend to indulge in a bit of Bills bashing, wallow in our failure, curse our players, the coaching staff, old RW and everything Bills. Hope always springs eternal though and we start looking forward to the draft, always hoping things will get better. When you've sunk as low as we have, there is no way to look but up. There will always be naysayers, who keep harping about how we will never amount to anything, how the coaching sucks, player sucks, scheme sucks..whatever. You are not the only one sick of losing. Most of the naysayers and doom 'n' gloomers quiet down by OTAs. Its a fresh

Actually, feeling bad about your team, after a disappointing season is kind of normal. Not sure when you joined, but, I think most here had/have been way too patient with this franchise...it really reached a new level of negativity, here, on the board, after the 2008 season, when Dick Jauron was retained as head coach, despite all evidence that his tenure was a complete, utter , and embarrassing failure. Fans just stopped giving the Bills, and their owner a pass...the franchise, with that decision, kind of pissed away any good will left in many fans.

Win more than they lose, and that will swing back...I think the expectations for this franchise, in 2010, for the first time in ages, are a bit more realistic amongst fans. I don't see many predicting a playoff appearance, and I think most will just settle, at this point, for some sign that the Bills are finally improving, rather than treading water...

Actually, feeling bad about your team, after a disappointing season is kind of normal. Not sure when you joined, but, I think most here had/have been way too patient with this franchise...it really reached a new level of negativity, here, on the board, after the 2008 season, when Dick Jauron was retained as head coach, despite all evidence that his tenure was a complete, utter , and embarrassing failure. Fans just stopped giving the Bills, and their owner a pass...the franchise, with that decision, kind of pissed away any good will left in many fans.

Win more than they lose, and that will swing back...I think the expectations for this franchise, in 2010, for the first time in ages, are a bit more realistic amongst fans. I don't see many predicting a playoff appearance, and I think most will just settle, at this point, for some sign that the Bills are finally improving, rather than treading water...

Good post and very well said. My feelings exactly except one thing. I want the improvements to start "yesterday." Another words, I want to win now....