Does the Wang injury force a move?

Well then call me the clairvoyant one.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1392263

Take a look at all the flak I caught on this one

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...p;#entry1380984

The turd we ended up with.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1361517

It was me who made the clairvoyant statement, not Spartacus.

Kudos to you for pegging Oher as a good pick, and also for predicting that we would draft Maybin.

In the 2nd link you post, your thought was that every player at #11 had some risk and that you liked Oher, after we traded down from our pick.

That supports the consensus thought that #11 was too high to take him.

Also, it's not a foregone conclusion that Oher will be a star player in this league. His sabremetrics on the right side where he started the season were excellent. From the games he played at left tackle, his metrics were average. He's a young player. Branden Albert who was drafted at #15 the year before Oher had an excellent rookie year but had a big sophomore slump.

So I think it's too early to declare Michael Oher a home run of a draft pick.

Nevertheless, good predictions Harami.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved your post. Way to back yourself up. People can't say much when you deliver the goods. I think I will be doing the same thing midway through the season.

It was me who made the clairvoyant statement, not Spartacus.

Kudos to you for pegging Oher as a good pick, and also for predicting that we would draft Maybin.

In the 2nd link you post, your thought was that every player at #11 had some risk and that you liked Oher, after we traded down from our pick.

That supports the consensus thought that #11 was too high to take him.

Also, it's not a foregone conclusion that Oher will be a star player in this league. His sabremetrics on the right side where he started the season were excellent. From the games he played at left tackle, his metrics were average. He's a young player. Branden Albert who was drafted at #15 the year before Oher had an excellent rookie year but had a big sophomore slump.

So I think it's too early to declare Michael Oher a home run of a draft pick.

Nevertheless, good predictions Harami.

Thanks, I take a lot of pride in my ability to spot and assess talent early, rather than late. I just looked at some older posts and I said a lot of things that were right and of course some wrong, but it was fun to see.

I highly recommend looking back on some of your old posts for a laugh, as well. <_<

Actually, most of the draft boards I saw (not just Kiper's) had Oher as the 4th tackle. And lo and behold, he was the 4th tackle taken so it was also (at least 3) NFL teams which didn't have him ranked in the top three.

And Jacksonville is a good team? That's why they knew Oher was a good player? Jacksonville has been a middle of the road team for some time and they have done at best, an average job of drafting in recent years.

Jacksonville was fortunate that Oher slipped to them at #23 where it became a no-brainer (especially for a tackle needy team) to draft him.

It's like Rob's House said, you like to get a player at a position of value, not as a reach.

you must be really connected as an NFL insider to have access to ANY of the NFL team's draft boards.

the crap posted by the media talking heads is a bunch of group thing which is mostly speculation.

Real NFL teams pay big money to real NFL scouts to assess and evaluate which of the college players will turn out to be good in the NFL. The Bills front office has missed more often than not - and has wasted draft picks in acquiring those duds in many cases. 

you must be really connected as an NFL insider to have access to ANY of the NFL team's draft boards.

the crap posted by the media talking heads is a bunch of group thing which is mostly speculation.

Real NFL teams pay big money to real NFL scouts to assess and evaluate which of the college players will turn out to be good in the NFL. The Bills front office has missed more often than not - and has wasted draft picks in acquiring those duds in many cases. 

Firstly you'll get no argument from me that the Bills have drafted poorly. That wasn't part of the discussion that I recall.

Secondly, why the smart-ass remark about being an NFL insider?

We're both expressing opinions with conviction. Neither of us know what the team's draft boards look like. I didn't facetiously accuse you of being an NFL insider.

Again, lets stick to what we do know.

When Oher was selected last year, three teams who needed tackles took tackles other than Oher. Those tackles were taken at #2, #6, and #8.

Oher was picked at #23.

So in view of this evidence, who is more likely to be right?