No kid gloves

I fully understand that an open competition is the best way to go regarding the quarterback situation. However, the implementation of a new offense and the impact of timing between the receiver and the starter should deter any desire to make this "open competition" last into training camp. The language, the formations per Trent, and players themselves are different which tells me that the starter needs to play with the first unit as much as possible.

Can Trent become a better quarterback with a new coach and a new playbook and schemes?

Can Fitz who is in his third offense in three years do a better job than the job he did last year?

Can Levi shock the world because if he can't, he should make the team but not be nothing better than third string?

Can Brohm be the guy everyone thought he could be coming out of college?

At least one of these guys is going to have to go and if Levi puts up any bit of potential, he makes the team which leaves us with three.

No kid gloves here. Let someone go and move forward. It has been said that having two starting quarterbacks means you don't have any. Where does that put the Bills.

Don't make a stupid decision, but make it sooner than later. If it is that hard to make it, then it really doesn't matter who is cut really.

I suspect betting money should be on TE or Brohm to start with TE having an edge. Fitz is in if those two fail to measure up. I suspect Levi has the third QB position to lose. At the minute I think Fitz is the odd man out but all of that could change if TE and/or Brohm don't step up early in training camp.

Do you see the Bills carrying three in the active and one on PS?

I agree, with Brown ending up on the ps. Even though Chan is talking about splitting the reps, I don't see how Levi is going to get enough time to blow away the coaches and claim an active spot. Maybe if the coaches were here and already knew what they had with the current qb's on the roster, but in this scenario I think it will be difficult for Levi to get reps in training camp unless one of the other guys shows no ability to learn the playbook. Not saying it couldn't happen - but it seems like a long shot to me. Plus, if he doesn't play in the preseason much due to the others competing, it seems likely to me that no other team will get a good enough read on him to want to replace their own developmental qb.

I'm hoping one of these four guys will be good enough to back up a franchise qb that we draft next year.

I see all four QB's (okay maybe three) starting at least one game this year. It's really tough to tell what a QB is really made of until they're in the heat of battle. Everybody looks good in OTA's and training camp. I'll give Fitz and TE a pass on this because of the chaos in the offense last year. My money is on Brohm emerging eventually and, if not, then Locker is a lock.