Ten recievers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, according to Chris Brown today, Roscoe is the starting slot receiver. Of course, after OTAs, training camp, and preseason, that could change, but looks like Parrish sticks and plays if he delivers...

The questions is ... can Roscoe deliver as a slot receiver?

Brown's story that Roscoe is beginning the OTA's in the slot doesn't mean he will stay there. The challenge for Parrish is to establish toughness as a wide receiver in the Gailey sense of toughness, which means mental alertness as well as the physical ability to make plays.

Frankly, I don't think Roscoe has the mental toughness ... the thinking lapses as both a receiver and last year as a punt returner have me really wondering about his thinking process. As for physical toughness that may be more related to his diminutive size but I do not recall him ever breaking lose from an opposing defensive player after catching a pass. All that comes to my mind are receptions for 2 yards, minus 5 yards, 6 yards, etc.. He just does not seem to be able to do anything with the ball unless he has the relatively wide open field as a punt returner.

I am still trying to find some link to Donald Jones video highlights ... do they exist?

81 Easley, Marcus WR 6-2 207 22 R Connecticut

83 Evans, Lee WR 5-10 197 29 7 Wisconsin

84 Hardy, James WR 6-5 220 24 2 Indiana

15 Huggins, Felton WR 6-2 186 27 1 Southeastern Louisia

17 Jackson, Chad WR 6-1 223 25 3 Florida

13 Johnson, Steve WR 6-2 202 23 3 Kentucky

19 Jones, Donald WR 6-0 214 22 R Youngstown State

86 Nelson, David WR 6-5 217 23 R Florida

11 Parrish, Roscoe WR 5-9 178 27 6 Miami

18 Roosevelt, Naaman WR 6-0 189 R UB

After Evans it is really anyone's guess. Not the scariest set of wideouts you are going to see. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a veteran brought in during camp or at the end of camp when cuts are made after they see how pitiful this crew is.

I'm not certain Evans makes this team.

Wow! Is it April 1st or what? So if Evans gets cut, I am sure Reggie Wayne will get cut by the Colts so we can just pick him up, in fact, Peyton Manning might not make the Colts either, so we will be all set. Every single player on the list plus just about everyone else on the entire roster has a better chance of getting cut than Lee Evans does. If this team would ever get a good quarterback, not career backups trying to be starters, Evans would be in the Pro Bowl.

The questions is ... can Roscoe deliver as a slot receiver?

Brown's story that Roscoe is beginning the OTA's in the slot doesn't mean he will stay there. The challenge for Parrish is to establish toughness as a wide receiver in the Gailey sense of toughness, which means mental alertness as well as the physical ability to make plays.

Frankly, I don't think Roscoe has the mental toughness ... the thinking lapses as both a receiver and last year as a punt returner have me really wondering about his thinking process. As for physical toughness that may be more related to his diminutive size but I do not recall him ever breaking lose from an opposing defensive player after catching a pass. All that comes to my mind are receptions for 2 yards, minus 5 yards, 6 yards, etc.. He just does not seem to be able to do anything with the ball unless he has the relatively wide open field as a punt returner.

I am still trying to find some link to Donald Jones video highlights ... do they exist?

good point about delivering, it remains to be seen. I just thought it was very interesting that it's his job to lose at this point in the off season. Gailey won't put up with continual mental lapses or lack of toughness, that's for sure.

If this team would ever get a good quarterback, not career backups trying to be starters, Evans would be in the Pro Bowl.

If this is the case you would think a team with a good QB in need of a perennial probowl WR might be willing to give up something the Bills need in exchange for a top WR that will continue not to get the ball on the current roster.

Maybe Chan will figure out how to get Evans the Ball with one of the 4 Arms on the Roster. If not you’d like to see them stop wasting Lee's time, the $9 million of salary Cap and the development opportunity for younger players.

If this is the case you would think a team with a good QB in need of a perennial probowl WR might be willing to give up something the Bills need in exchange for a top WR that will continue not to get the ball on the current roster.

Maybe Chan will figure out how to get Evans the Ball with one of the 4 Arms on the Roster. If not you’d like to see them stop wasting Lee's time, the $9 million of salary Cap and the development opportunity for younger players.

There is continual chit-chat about "difference makers" The latest is Spiller.

Evans never filled that role. Folks like to point out the lousy qbs, lousy OLs, the overall team as to why he didn't put up the big numbers.

IMO, he has never been one to fight for a victory, trying to do what it may take. He's never been - for an example, a Wayne Chrebet or a TJ Housh.

"I'm Lee. I can run fast in a straight line. I don't often come back to help out a qb under duress. I'm Lee. I can run fast." :blush:

Sorry - I view him as just another check casher. Unfortunately for BUF, he has a hefty contract. and BUF hasn't exactly distinguished themselves with acquiring wr talent in recent seasons.

There is continual chit-chat about "difference makers" The latest is Spiller.

Evans never filled that role. Folks like to point out the lousy qbs, lousy OLs, the overall team as to why he didn't put up the big numbers.

IMO, he has never been one to fight for a victory, trying to do what it may take. He's never been - for an example, a Wayne Chrebet or a TJ Housh.

"I'm Lee. I can run fast in a straight line. I don't often come back to help out a qb under duress. I'm Lee. I can run fast." :lol:

Sorry - I view him as just another check casher. Unfortunately for BUF, he has a hefty contract. and BUF hasn't exactly distinguished themselves with acquiring wr talent in recent seasons.

I agree with you. My post that Evans might not even make this team has to do with Nix and Gailey who have already shown that they are not a bit sentimental when it comes to who plays for the Bills. They also haven't been moved to do what certain vocal fans "demand" as their drafting showed. So I don't expect Gailey to make his roster decisions on whose been with the Bills a long time. Or whom the fans claim is "one of the best receivers in the league." It's time for Evans to show something more than the ability to run a streak route.

81 Easley, Marcus WR 6-2 207 22 R Connecticut

83 Evans, Lee WR 5-10 197 29 7 Wisconsin

84 Hardy, James WR 6-5 220 24 2 Indiana

15 Huggins, Felton WR 6-2 186 27 1 Southeastern Louisia

17 Jackson, Chad WR 6-1 223 25 3 Florida

13 Johnson, Steve WR 6-2 202 23 3 Kentucky

19 Jones, Donald WR 6-0 214 22 R Youngstown State

86 Nelson, David WR 6-5 217 23 R Florida

11 Parrish, Roscoe WR 5-9 178 27 6 Miami

18 Roosevelt, Naaman WR 6-0 189 R UB

EDIT: I am taking evans, parrish, nelson, huggins, and easley on special teams. Thats right, huggins.

I'm going to say that they keep six of them:

Evans

Easley

Hardy

Johnson

Parish

Nelson

I want them to keep Roosevelt (and think he'll at least make the PS), but I can't see them keeping 3 small WRs. I think they are going to try to go big on the outside and small in the slot.

That's assuming that the Bills would make the trade. Nix and Gailey both said that the team has a decent foundation, but no real stars. Why would you trade a potential star when you seem to be trying to pile them on at all costs (see Spiller in round 1)?

I think Lee is a star given the right environment.