A Tale of Two Football Teams

Team one is 5-6. They have a rookie qb taking his lumps behind an offensive line that is bad and getting worse every day. A veteran sits on the bench.

They have an over-rated RB, who is compiling yardage as his team flounders (we used to have one of those ) :doh: . To be fair, Team one also has crippling injuries on defense. Their coach is in his first year with the team.

They, after a great start are clearly a team on decline.

Team two is also 5-6. They are going with a veteran qb as the prized but untested rookie sits. They have a tremendous running back and he and the qb play behind an OL that seems to improve almost every week. Team two, is beating up some good football teams. Their defense, after losing two key players, is almost healthy.

They, after a horrid start, are clearly a team on the rise.

Obviously, I refer to the giants and the Bills., and I am trying to make the following points:

1) Drew has not changed. His OL has. It is not yet a great unit (which admittedly Drew seems to need), but Tucker is an upgrade and MW is looking much better.

2) Willis MaGahee is a difference maker. The W/L record and sack stats after Henry was benched are staggering.

3) As much of a longshot as it is, if the Bills stay healthy, they just might make a run at a wild card, who knows?

It probably wont happen, but it felt good just to type that in.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Team one is 5-6. They have a rookie qb taking his lumps behind an offensive line that is bad and getting worse every day. A veteran sits on the bench.

They have an over-rated RB, who is compiling yardage as his team flounders (we used to have one of those ) <_< . To be fair, Team one also has crippling injuries on defense. Their coach is in his first year with the team.

Team two is also 5-6. They are going with a veteran qb as the prized but untested rookie sits. They have a tremendous running back and he and the qb play behind an OL that seems to improve almost every week. Team two, is beating up some good football teams. Their defense, after losing two key players, is almost healthy.

Obviously, I refer to the giants and the Bills., and I am trying to make the following points:

1) Drew has not changed. His OL has. It is not yet a great unit (which admittedly Drew seems to need), but Tucker is an upgrade and MW is looking much better.

2) Willis MaGahee is a difference maker. The W/L record and sack stats after Henry was benched are staggering.

3) As much of a longshot as it is, if the Bills stay healthy, they just might make a run at a wild card, who knows?

140406[/snapback]

A good analogy...it shows that records aren't everything in the NFL. There is always more than meets the eye.

Mike

They have an over-rated RB, who is compiling yardage as his team flounders (we used to have one of those ) <_< . To be fair, Team one also has crippling injuries on defense. Their coach is in his first year with the team.

140406[/snapback]

Well, well, well, it's nice to read that the reasons for our resurgence can be blamed on the O-line. It never was the QB. Look how many teams have gone to the SB without a great passer.

I can admit that this team plays alot better with Willis in the backfield too. The D is not allowing comeback in the second half of games either. Whether we lead by 21 or 3 points.

Well, well, well, it's nice to read that the reasons for our resurgence can be blamed on the O-line.  It never was the QB.  Look how many teams have gone to the SB without a great passer. 

I can admit that this team plays alot better with Willis in the backfield too.  The D is not allowing comeback in the second half of games either.  Whether we lead by 21 or 3 points.

140464[/snapback]

Though they seem to still be allowing the obligatory 4Q TD....