Byrd is the Word

disco

I bet this was posted last year - but this is a pretty brilliant youtube clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxxLjRXiLeQ

The people who say Byrd was just in the right place at the right time need to watch that. Most of the int's they show are Byrd working hard. The int's he lays out to get are particularly cool. I also love the one where he out jumps Braylon Edwards and grabs the ball out of the air. This guy isn't lucky, he's damn good!! I can't wait to see what he can do for a full season. :unsure:

Thanks for the vid......Classic...Byrds run defense might be suspect....And it is....Thats one thing that can be taught and learned. But some folks just have an inate sense for the ball. Whether they're lucky and just always happen to be in the right place at the right time or they work hard and are "just there". I don't know. But he has "it". I used to play soccer and lacrosse with this guy in college. Wasn't the most talented dude. Not high level sports. But this guy smoked way more weed, drank way more beer....but still led both teams in scoring.....He was just always around the ball.

Great clip. Thanks for sharing. While Byrd's run support is suspect, he has tremendous ball skills.

He played wit a torn labrum the hole year (I believe). His predraft "word" was that he loves contact. he may be sensational this year!

GO BILLS!

Thanks for the vid......Classic...Byrds run defense might be suspect....And it is....Thats one thing that can be taught and learned. But some folks just have an inate sense for the ball. Whether they're lucky and just always happen to be in the right place at the right time or they work hard and are "just there". I don't know. But he has "it". I used to play soccer and lacrosse with this guy in college. Wasn't the most talented dude. Not high level sports. But this guy smoked way more weed, drank way more beer....but still led both teams in scoring.....He was just always around the ball.

The key to being in the right spot at the right time as much as he is, is positioning yourself properly and instinctually getting a great jump on the ball. If you watch a lot of the clips from the behind the QB view, you see him turn and run many times before the QB even throws the ball. Some of the "easy" int's he is getting would be incompletions for most other safeties because they would never be able to come from where he comes from and get to the ball in time. Byrd just understands what to look for in determining where and when the QB is throwing the ball, and is able to take great angles on getting there and then makes spectacular catches when need be. At least 3 of those interceptions would have been incomplete passes for 95% of the safeties in the league just because of the diving catches alone...

at least 2 of those int's he made were better receptions than any of our WR's made last year...

The key to being in the right spot at the right time as much as he is, is positioning yourself properly and instinctually getting a great jump on the ball. If you watch a lot of the clips from the behind the QB view, you see him turn and run many times before the QB even throws the ball. Some of the "easy" int's he is getting would be incompletions for most other safeties because they would never be able to come from where he comes from and get to the ball in time. Byrd just understands what to look for in determining where and when the QB is throwing the ball, and is able to take great angles on getting there and then makes spectacular catches when need be. At least 3 of those interceptions would have been incomplete passes for 95% of the safeties in the league just because of the diving catches alone...

What they said.