Josh Reed

I get the feeling Josh Reed is going to be a very good, dependable football player for some team out there. I just don't feel he ever played in a godd enough offense.

I too thought that the *Patriots picked him up. I remember thinking...."Great, he's gonna light us up next year"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow guys I guess I have some news for you. Josh Reeds stinks and always has his career is over we should have cut him three years ago. He's not serviceable, tell me how good of a blocker he is again. Yeah that 5-7 frame was tough to move around. He's just another bad mistake Marv made as GM. Jauron stuck with him had to pretend no no we like Josh he's a good player. With Evans and Owens Josh had the back up corner on him all the time He will rip it up. Ended up ripping us off.

A lot of guys the Bills let go or cut the career in the NFL is over not just Buffalo

Wow. You are an idiot.

What does Marv Levy have ANYTHING to do with Josh Reed???

Awesome grammer too...you make NO sense at all!

The Bills defy logic at every corner...I thought the more competition the better? I thought Josh Reed really came into his own in the past few years. It's not he's fault that Captain Checkdown can't throw a 10 yard pass half the time...I've seen

Edwards throw it into the turf many times, overthrow, underthrow, hold on to long, get sacked which leads to concussions. It's not because all his receivers are covered and often it is not because the line didn't hold off defenders. I've seen Trent on occasion have all day and he stares down his primary receiver and don't look for other reads or look of his intended target. Cornerbacks must love T. Edwards! As far as Josh Reed I don't hold him that responsible for his lack of production last year. If your QB can't get you another series of downs on each possession then it affects everyone's stat's. I also am not a huge T.O. fan but he would occasionally catch a big pass and get everyone excited, now we don't have that. Yes, it sounds as Spiller has big play ability but he is a unproven commodity at this juncture in the NFL. He isn't going to be catching the ball deep most of the time if any either. So, he may catch a little swing pass or something and take it for 10 or 20 yards, but it will probably be rare that he is going to bring it to the house when he makes a reception. We should've kept T.O. and Reed, especially Reed as he comes cheap and provides experience, and depth at the position. Right now, we have some rookie free agents, a mid-round draft pick, Hardy who has been a non-factor and may still have injury problems, Stevie Johnson who occasionally makes a play and Lee Evans who is a good to very good receiver, but not a

hall of famer at this point. So where is the depth??? Get Josh Reed back soon!!!! :unsure:

Wow I wonder why no one has signed him.....not really

Wow. You are an idiot.

What does Marv Levy have ANYTHING to do with Josh Reed???

Awesome grammer too...you make NO sense at all!

Well the biggest reason would be MARV resigned him to a three year 10 million dollar contract as GM of the club.

that would be a HUGE reason...sorry I thought you knew about the Buffalo Bills now you do

Well the biggest reason would be MARV resigned him to a three year 10 million dollar contract as GM of the club.

that would be a HUGE reason...sorry I thought you knew about the Buffalo Bills now you do

It was a 4-year deal....and I thought it was common knowledge that Marv was a GM in name only. John Guy headed up pro personnel, Tom Modrak headed up college personnel, and Dick Jauron made the final call on who to bring in and the like

Wow guys I guess I have some news for you. Josh Reeds stinks and always has his career is over we should have cut him three years ago. He's not serviceable, tell me how good of a blocker he is again. Yeah that 5-7 frame was tough to move around. He's just another bad mistake Marv made as GM. Jauron stuck with him had to pretend no no we like Josh he's a good player. With Evans and Owens Josh had the back up corner on him all the time He will rip it up. Ended up ripping us off.

A lot of guys the Bills let go or cut the career in the NFL is over not just Buffalo

Marv had nothing to do with him as GM. He was drafted in 2002.

My tthing with Josh is that he never caught a ball while moving, like in stride. He could go out, find a hole in the short zone and sit down there and hope whoever was playing QB would throw it into the breadbasket.

But Josh never caught one on the run and kept juking people, nor beat his man deep for a long gain.

I liked Josh and wish him well. I believe he was a bit of a disappointment. We picked him in the second round of the Mike Williams draft and the reason was that we didn't want to pay Peerless after the following season. Josh was, in T.D.'s theory, a replacement for the expensive Peerless. But he never developed into that, nor even close to being a Hines Ward type. But Josh was Josh and he was here the whole time we never made tyhe playoffs.

I think Josh Reed takes a lot more crap from Bills fans than he deserves. He was disappointing last year, but was one of the only bright spots for us the previous couple years, and on and off since he was drafted.

Was he ever a viable #1 receiver? No. But he consistently ran good routes, blocked aggressively, and had enough awareness to come back to his QB when he scrambled and was a popular outlet for Trent and JP. Josh Reed earned us many many first downs, and was certainly an assset to the team.

I don't know wht happened last year, if he was hurt, slowing down or what. But, if he can perform at the level he played 2 years ago he'd be a solid #3 receiver on almost any team in the league. I think he's most likely to land a one year contract somewhere, and i would not be at all disappointed if it was with the Bills. We could use the competition/depth at WR.