RIP Bill Stanton

KRC

Bill played for the 1949 Buffalo Bills of the All-America Football Conference. He had been sick for a while and was one of the toughest interviews I have ever done, due to his health. His daughter was one of the nicest people I have ever met and was very willing to help me get information on her father.

Bill Stanton Stats

There are only a few of the original Buffalo Bills left.

Bill played for the 1949 Buffalo Bills of the All-America Football Conference. He had been sick for a while and was one of the toughest interviews I have ever done, due to his health. His daughter was one of the nicest people I have ever met and was very willing to help me get information on her father.

Bill Stanton Stats

RIP thanks for posting. This is a great reason to visit this site...keeping up with history.

Bill Stanton Stats

Thanks Ken, the All-American Football Conference holds a special place in my heart from the stories my father and uncles would relate back in the 50's. It was sometime after 1960 when Ralph Wilson and the American Football League brought back professional football to Buffalo and Western New York, that my father told me how much it hurt to witness the end of pro football in Buffalo when the AAFC folded.

Many Thanks for preserving our proud football heritage here in Western New York when men did really play for "the love of the game".

Thanks Ken, the All-American Football Conference holds a special place in my heart from the stories my father and uncles would relate back in the 50's. It was sometime after 1960 when Ralph Wilson and the American Football League brought back professional football to Buffalo and Western New York, that my father told me how much it hurt to witness the end of pro football in Buffalo when the AAFC folded.

It was amazing to hear about the outpouring of support for the team when it disbanded and the subsequent attempt to get into the NFL in 1950. I know this is a shameless plug, but since that team was special to you, I hope that you check out my book: The Original Buffalo Bills

Many Thanks for preserving our proud football heritage here in Western New York when men did really play for "the love of the game".

Thank you.

It was amazing to hear about the outpouring of support for the team when it disbanded and the subsequent attempt to get into the NFL in 1950. I know this is a shameless plug, but since that team was special to you, I hope that you check out my book: The Original Buffalo Bills

Just Ordered-2-3 days. I look forward to reading it. Thanks for letting me know about your book on the AAFC. Hopefully it will jog my memory about what was told to me by my father and uncles over 50 years ago......

The passion for Buffalo Bills Football never dies no matter the era