I'm Bored: Bills' positional power ranking 2010

I would go:

1. DB's- Top 5 in the league

2. RB's- If Spiller is half what he could be and Lynch sucks it up and accepts his role, we should be right there with the Cowboys

3. DL- Really excited about our D-Line

4. LB's- Shakey, but could be solid if Schobel returns. Maybin huge x-factor, obviously.

5. TE's- Could be a sleeper position- more a question of learning how to use them than talent

6. OL- Wood and Levitre should come into their own this year. Wood being 100% may be biggest x-factor on team. Calloway will make the team and provide excellent depth.

7. WR's- Not confident, but extremely intrigued in seeing Hardy and Johnson play all the time. Good thing they didn't dress the second half of last year.

8. QB- Not worth getting into.

Pretty solid list and it's hard to argue with any of that. I think both dbs and rbs are top 3 in the league.

I have zero expectations for this season. We have a lot of young players and potential. However, the fat Tuna in Miami once said, "Potential just means you haven't done 'crap'." If certain players step up, this could be a very surprising team. We also could easily go 3-13.

Prediction: 7-9, #9 pick in the draft :w00t:

Pretty solid list and it's hard to argue with any of that. I think both dbs and rbs are top 3 in the league.

I have zero expectations for this season. We have a lot of young players and potential. However, the fat Tuna in Miami once said, "Potential just means you haven't done 'crap'." If certain players step up, this could be a very surprising team. We also could easily go 3-13.

That is just not right! :w00t:

Am I the only one who's REALLY excited about the D-Line? I love the Dwan Edwards signing and am optimistic about Troup and Carrington.

Am I the only one who's REALLY excited about the D-Line? I love the Dwan Edwards signing and am optimistic about Troup and Carrington.

Definitely. There is so much young potential and it sounds like we got a physical, aggressive group. Kelsay (who played pretty decent) and Ellis (who has been a huge bust) will have to play out of their minds to keep their jobs.

We may not be a playoff team this year, but there should be a ton of competition and hopefully some young players emerge. There a lot of idiots that get their kicks off saying how bad the Bills are but we definitely have some players.

Not at all. There are hundreds of other delusional fanboi fools that posts these boards that think the Bills will field a competitive team this year.

Hey dick, I said I'm excited about one position that puts three people on the field at once.

Just my 2 cents, here is a realistic breakdown.

QB -- Awful

RB -- Excellent, Top 5 in the league

WR -- Good enough, should make the necessary plays

TE -- Not that great, still young

OL --- Terrible

DL --- Will be much improved ( a lot of depth )

LB's --- Not very good, bottom half of the league ( for a 3-4 defense thats not good) Depends on what Maybin and Co. can do on the outside.

DB --- Excellent, Top 5 in the league

Special Teams --- going to be something special this year, Danny Batten is going to WTF PWN people.

K - Solid

P - Solid

Coaching -- good ole boys should have a little more exciting playbook.

Just my 2 cents, here is a realistic breakdown.

QB -- Awful

RB -- Excellent, Top 5 in the league

WR -- Good enough, should make the necessary plays

TE -- Not that great, still young

OL --- Terrible

DL --- Will be much improved ( a lot of depth )

LB's --- Not very good, bottom half of the league ( for a 3-4 defense thats not good) Depends on what Maybin and Co. can do on the outside.

DB --- Excellent, Top 5 in the league

Special Teams --- going to be something special this year, Danny Batten is going to WTF PWN people.

K - Solid

P - Solid

Coaching -- good ole boys should have a little more exciting playbook.

Mr. Negative is more positive than half this board. Good breakdown.

I would go:

2. RB's- If Spiller is half what he could be and Lynch sucks it up and accepts his role, we should be right there with the Cowboys

4. LB's- Shakey, but could be solid if Schobel returns. Maybin huge x-factor, obviously.

5. TE's- Could be a sleeper position- more a question of learning how to use them than talent

6. OL- Wood and Levitre should come into their own this year. Wood being 100% may be biggest x-factor on team. Calloway will make the team and provide excellent depth.

7. WR's- Not confident, but extremely intrigued in seeing Hardy and Johnson play all the time. Good thing they didn't dress the second half of last year.

1. DB's - Top 15, not Top 5

2. RB's - Rank somewhere between 15 - 25

3. DL - Rank between 10 -15

4. LB's - Rank between 25 - 32

5. TE's - Rank between 30 - 32

6. OL - Rank between 25 - 32

7. WR - Rank between 25 - 32

8. QB - Rank 32

Rebuilding decade starting. I think this is accurate....thoughts?

8. QB - Rank 32

I think your assessment of our RB's is insane.

8. QB - Rank 32

RB's 15-25 what are you smokin?

8. QB - Rank 32

DB, RB way off, DL can be good but still has to show it, TE's are much higher than that, on our current offense it is actually a strength considering the WR, QB, OL positions. LB should be better than last year if not only for having a solid inside, even if the outside linebackers do not do well. OL/WR/QB all work together, I expect all three to look ****ty once again but if the QB or OL or WR looks better, they will all look better.

Good post!

I'm excited about the defense, too. Moats, Batten, Coleman, Troupe & Carrington - man, you add those players to Stroud, Williams, Maybin, Poz, perhaps Schobel - and then the F.A.s Edwards and the other LB... all of a sudden we can stop the run, mix up allignments, blitz from wherever - and our secondary, which was not given a lot of help last year, should prove at least as opportunistic, if not better in the takeaways. Yeah, our defense is set up to be cohesive and good for four or five more years.

Offensively, I think next year we'll blossom, but I think we can play a certain style this year that will complement our defense -namely, running and ball control - not unlike Baltimore or the Pittsburgh of old. Our running backs are deeper than ever. I think our coaches are going to just experiment offensively, see if they have a line that will work, see if they have a QB that will work, and at least we'll know by next year what we have and what we need.

Buddy has a history of selecting O-linemen in the later rounds, and I'm hoping they know more than the average fan, because that is the one spot we look the worst in, and could make for a long year - but, if the line works this year, or even if we have to add a rookie to it next year, it'll be young and set as a unit for four or five years, too.

The youth of this team is exciting - and, although with youth there are often mistakes, good coaching can make it work.

TE's are much higher than that, on our current offense it is actually a strength considering the WR, QB, OL positions.

You're crazy. The 30th ranking above for the TE's is on the money. They've had Capt. Checkdown as their QB for parts of three seasons and have had ZERO production out of the tight ends. Trent Edwards should be a dream QB for a TE to be productive. Get open six yards downfield, he'll find you. The Bills have a bunch of practice squad nobodys and they continue to address this need by using a 5th round pick every year and telling the fans what a "steal" they picked up.

FYI- Having three tight ends means you don't have a tight end.

I would go:

I agree on DB's and RB's, and think our receiving corps with Evans, Hardy Rosco Parrish might not be all bad at all. Tight Ends I just don't see being a real strength (average at best). DL we don't have a clue. New rookies, personnel not designed for the positions, and same with LB. I'd lean on the below average for this 2-4 for two or three years. Offensive Line is a mess (NO TACKLES) Levitre is fine, but Wood is coming off a serious injury and no bench. Probably the worst offensive line in the NFL. QB...who knows? Montana would look awful with the offensive line. The rookies and udfa's will make the team because there isn't any competition. Making the team for this team is not setting the bar very high.

You're crazy. The 30th ranking above for the TE's is on the money. They've had Capt. Checkdown as their QB for parts of three seasons and have had ZERO production out of the tight ends. Trent Edwards should be a dream QB for a TE to be productive. Get open six yards downfield, he'll find you. The Bills have a bunch of practice squad nobodys and they continue to address this need by using a 5th round pick every year and telling the fans what a "steal" they picked up.

FYI- Having three tight ends means you don't have a tight end.

Problem with your little theory, Trent doesn't throw checkdowns over the middle, only to the sideline where the backs normally are. I am not saying our TEs are top 20, but I am saying that this board seriously derails them as the TE position is nearly the least of our worries on offense.

Cowboys, Packers, Ravens, Jets, Steelers, and Colts all have better secondaries in my opinion. Buffalo is top half of the league, but I wouldn't say top 5. Running Backs on the other hand, You STACKED

I think your assessment of our RB's is insane.

I agree Metzelars! --Also, two years ago our RB tandem was #1 in the league for combined catches by RB's, in essense and 'extension' of our WR corp. Now add a dynamic player like Spiller and we not only have solid RB's but well 'above average' pass catchers on the field.

Sidebar: If Trent Edwards is 'Captain Checkdown' then put all 3 RB's on the field and everything gets caught. :w00t:

Buffalo's pass D was ranked #2 in the league last year and only the Saints had more interceptions. I can't see how the Bills would rank out of the top 5 in the secondary. Hence, why we didn't draft a single corner or safety.