Butch Davis Fired by Browns

millbank

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

If Florida doesn't land Urban Meyer than Davis will be next in line imo.

Davis would be a good hire for them. He knows the state of Florida and he recruits well. Florida could do a lot worse than Davis.

Somehow, I'm not sure Florida's gonna be all that fired up about hiring an ex-Hurricane head coach who walked out 24 hours before National Signing Day in order to take the Browns job after telling his entire team that he would be at Miami for the foreseeable future.

139344[/snapback]

As a Hurricane fan, I totally agree with the part of your post regarding Davis walking out on us on the eve of national signing day.

Think Cleveland has their eye on Crennel or Weiss?  It's about time that the Pats coaching staff suffered some attrition.

139419[/snapback]

I´d like to see Weis leave the Pats. He´s an offensive genius.

And Belichick can easily fill Crennel´s void on D, either calling the pays by himself or promoting his very good CB coach.

Butch Davis has been fired as coach of the Cleveland Browns, ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting.

Davis, whose teams went 24-36 overall in three-plus seasons, met with team owner Randy Lerner on Monday night and was told of thBe decision, according to Mortensen.

Butch Davis

what on earth are players doing helping decide who will coach.........

139116[/snapback]

Giving up 58 points couldn't have helped his cause. He was a good college coach. I'm sure someone will hire him immidiately.

Think Cleveland has their eye on Crennel or Weiss?  It's about time that the Pats coaching staff suffered some attrition.

139419[/snapback]

Could be, although I think Browns owner Randy Lerner might be more interested in someone like Jim Fassel or Al Groh...coaches with prior NFL experience.

Mike