Smoking Ban at the Ralph?

yall

Wierd, I have never seen random smokers run up to the man on the street and give 'em a blast of smoke to the face. Ever. :lol:

Ever been on a subway platform? lots of open space and some idiot lights up right next to you and blows a big puff of smoke right in your face. It happens.

i have never seen a man die before, ever. Does that mean that men don't die?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever been on a subway platform? lots of open space and some idiot lights up right next to you and blows a big puff of smoke right in your face. It happens.

i have never seen a man die before, ever. Does that mean that men don't die?

I think that "intent" is the key word here. I seriously doubt that anyone lights up, turns to the nearest human then exhales "on purpose" into their faces. Not buyin' it. Get out of the city and go camping for Christ's sake, then tell me what you smell like when you come home.

I think that "intent" is the key word here. I seriously doubt that anyone lights up, turns to the nearest human then exhales "on purpose" into their faces. Not buyin' it. Get out of the city and go camping for Christ's sake, then tell me what you smell like when you come home.

I don't care about intent, you do not have the right to poison me. I camp every weekend in the summer, that I chose to do. I smell fine when I come home, I shower.

Here's the bottom line. People are going to do what they want to do, and everyone has that right. You don't have to stand right next to the smokers or walk right next to them. I would imagine that the 2-3 seconds that you are near the smokers walking by their section is not enough to permanently damage your lungs, even if you do happen to walk by them 3-4 times a game (why you would have to walk by that section that much, I don't know). If you really have that much of a problem walking by, hold your breath, it's not that hard to do that for 5 seconds. Let's keep this discussion pertinent to the topic the OP intended it for, smoking at the Ralph. The smoking areas are well placed and I see no reason for anyone to have a problem with them.

I don't care about intent, you do not have the right to poison me. I camp every weekend in the summer, that I chose to do. I smell fine when I come home, I shower.

If you choose to be close enough to the smoker to have the smoke "poison" you, then that is your own fault. Are you going to yell at every person that drives their car by your house for poisoning you too?

If you choose to be close enough to the smoker to have the smoke "poison" you, then that is your own fault. Are you going to yell at every person that drives their car by your house for poisoning you too?

If you read my posts I said don't blow it in my face. I don't walk by the smoking areas and I don't expect people to walk up to me, when I was already there and light up. Your analogy about the car is to stupid to respond to.

Trust me, if you are camping every weekend you are getting a bigger dose of smoke than any jerk-off at the subway can give you.

And yeah, it is all about intent>>>>>some of you are claiming that people blow smoke in your face>>>>>bull ****.

Would you walk up to a complete stranger and lick his ear? No. So why am I to believe that some dude with a cigar, is going to sprint across the road to blast you in the face with smoke?

Big difference between a rude person who should not do a lot of things beside another human being

and

a person who would look you in the eye, grin and blast you with smoke, if that happened...you would be punchin' somebody, I guarantee it!

You cant honestly be this ignorant?

Smokers smoke by choice. A fair percentage of overweight people have medical issues not related to overeating. Tall people? Yeah, let's herd them all into the gas chambers. C'mon.

All smokers litter by default. They litter the air. As for the environment, listening to you is like standing near a landfill.

If you're going to make a pro-smoker argument, take a few minutes to think about it before spewing silly, non-relevant crap like this.

I wasn't aware that all smokers litter and that all non-smokers are a picture of health.

I propose a fat guy ban. They smell, walk too slow, and take up too much space. Someone should keep them from ordering all that fast food. McDonald's et al do terrible things for the environment, and all that packaging gets littered or at best winds up in landfills. And those poor factory-farmed animals :lol:

Tall people should be banned from the Ralph, too. I mean, god-forbid one of them sat in front of me and then I couldn't see our beloved Bills.

I completely understand not wanting to be around smoke or smokers, but most people can deal with it without crying.

Plus, I think an acceptable "compromise" has been met per the Ralph, so where is it that all these smokers are blowing filthy smoke into "your" air? I would suggest avoiding those places, since they are few and far between these days.

If you read my posts I said don't blow it in my face. I don't walk by the smoking areas and I don't expect people to walk up to me, when I was already there and light up. Your analogy about the car is to stupid to respond to.

You're right, since cars don't put anything bad into the air. Who cares about cars being a necessity, if you are going to complain that people are poisoning your air, then you need to complain about cars too. By the way, its "too stupid to respond to." :lol:

Trust me, if you are camping every weekend you are getting a bigger dose of smoke than any jerk-off at the subway can give you.

And yeah, it is all about intent>>>>>some of you are claiming that people blow smoke in your face>>>>>bull ****.

Would you walk up to a complete stranger and lick his ear? No. So why am I to believe that some dude with a cigar, is going to sprint across the road to blast you in the face with smoke?

Big difference between a rude person who should not do a lot of things beside another human being

and

a person who would look you in the eye, grin and blast you with smoke, if that happened...you would be punchin' somebody, I guarantee it!

Awe the old campfire defense, what many ignorant smokers like to use. :lol: There are reasons smokers get a bad rep, I'm guessing you are one of them. Read the list of poisons in you smokes, how many of those things are in my firewood?

Smokers smoke by choice. A fair percentage of overweight people have medical issues not related to overeating. Tall people? Yeah, let's herd them all into the gas chambers. C'mon.

All smokers litter by default. They litter the air. As for the environment, listening to you is like standing near a landfill.

If you're going to make a pro-smoker argument, take a few minutes to think about it before spewing silly, non-relevant crap like this.

Yeah, I'm sure that is it. :lol:

I think the guy scores points all over the place with what he wrote. Unlike you, fatty.

You're right, since cars don't put anything bad into the air. Who cares about cars being a necessity, if you are going to complain that people are poisoning your air, then you need to complain about cars too. By the way, its "too stupid to respond to." :lol:

Well if keep your lips around the tailpipe, that's up to you. :P Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Awe the old campfire defense, what many ignorant smokers like to use. :lol: There are reasons smokers get a bad rep, I'm guessing you are one of them. Read the list of poisons in you smokes, how many of those things are in my firewood?

Hey there Sally-do-right! Check out what I posted earlier since you want to live forever...

You're all gonna die!!!! >>>> Even you fragile lillys who think you will somehow faint if you cross paths with a tiny puff of smoke. I guess you lightweights never bother to go camping huh? Tell me how you smell when you come back from a camping trip???? Ever visit a rest home? You'll be running for a pack of smokes after you leave....I have a 98 year old grandmother who can't hear, can't communicate, and ***** in a diaper. She took great care of herself, yet this is her reward at the end of life? When each of you do eventually die, I can promise you that it is almost never pretty. You are kidding yourself if you think that most people go quietly and peacefully...it rarely works that way. Enjoy the time you have. Go camping with your kids, light up a big stogie, and stop crying about what other people do with their time. Wimps.

I'm pretty sure that the 300-pound dude who just ate a sixpack at mighty taco litters the air, too.

Well if keep your lips around the tailpipe, that's up to you. :P Not that there's anything wrong with that.

So let me get this straight, pollutants are only in the air while they leave the exhaust, but mysteriously disappear anywhere other then there? Good one :lol:

I think that some of you are overlooking the importance of smoking. I wish that most smokers would just stop half a***** it and chain smoke all day. Why stop at 1,2,3, or even 10 packs a day. It's great for the body and let's be honest here, some people are mental mushrooms without it. It takes real commitment to stand outside in 0 degree weather and chose to inhale smoke when the party is inside the bar. One question though, how come you guys crack the window when you smoke in a vehicle that has an ash tray? Many of my friends always have burns on their upholstery because the ashes fly back in the vehicle.

Hey there Sally-do-right! Check out what I posted earlier since you want to live forever...

You're all gonna die!!!! >>>> Even you fragile lillys who think you will somehow faint if you cross paths with a tiny puff of smoke. I guess you lightweights never bother to go camping huh? Tell me how you smell when you come back from a camping trip???? Ever visit a rest home? You'll be running for a pack of smokes after you leave....I have a 98 year old grandmother who can't hear, can't communicate, and ***** in a diaper. She took great care of herself, yet this is her reward at the end of life? When each of you do eventually die, I can promise you that it is almost never pretty. You are kidding yourself if you think that most people go quietly and peacefully...it rarely works that way. Enjoy the time you have. Go camping with your kids, light up a big stogie, and stop crying about what other people do with their time. Wimps.

It was dumb earlier as well.

So let me get this straight, pollutants are only in the air while they leave the exhaust, but mysteriously disappear anywhere other then there? Good one :lol:

You were comparing someone blowing smoke in my face to pollutants coming from a tailpipe of a car driving by. How many poisonous gases were going into my lungs when I was breathing that cigarette smoke vs how many are going into my lungs right now as I sit at my desk. So you think those levels would be the same?

Pity these suckers they think that if they earn enough yammer points, they get to ease into the afterlife without any pain involved----just like in the movies!

moderation

genetics

those factors will get you to 70 and beyond before any teetotaler mindset will. :P

You were comparing someone blowing smoke in my face to pollutants coming from a tailpipe of a car driving by. How many poisonous gases were going into my lungs when I was breathing that cigarette smoke vs how many are going into my lungs right now as I sit at my desk. So you think those levels would be the same?

Here's a solution for you hypochondriacs, stop breathing, its safer.