A Few Thoughts About Schobel...

Bill from NYC

His stats on Sunday were 0-1-0. I for one do not care, and even think that he, stats notwithstanding, played a good game.

He has been holding his own against all time greats, such as Ogden, Jones and my favorite, Pace.

If we are to beat the phish on sunday, he will be a major factor imo. This will be a good chance for him to beat up on lesser competition. I am thinking that he will rise to the challenge and be credited with at least 2 sacks. His play will make things easier for our very strong DTs to penetrate, and knock Freeley into next week.

I am looking for a 6 sacks from our defense.

GO AARON!!!!!!!!!!!GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His stats on Sunday were 0-1-0. I for one do not care, and even think that he, stats notwithstanding, played a good game.

He has been holding his own

138950[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong... Schobel plays hard and has had stiff competition this year. We, however, are paying him to "more than hold his own." I, personally, feel we overpaid a bit for him. Time will tell...but, you're right in that it's hard to argue with a guy that plays hard every play (high motor GW reference) and keeps his mouth shut when he makes a big play.

Don't get me wrong...  Schobel plays hard and has had stiff competition this year.  We, however, are paying him to "more than hold his own."  I, personally, feel we overpaid a bit for him.  Time will tell...but, you're right in that it's hard to argue with a guy that plays hard every play (high motor GW reference) and keeps his mouth shut when he makes a big play.

138958[/snapback]

If Wistrom is any example, we certainly didn't overpay for Schobel. :lol: