ESPN Thoughts on Brohm when he was drafted

DarthICE

Guest dog14787
Ok, im confused...did I miss something here? Are you now a supporter of Brohm at QB after you spent all off season spouting off from you backside about bad he is and how doomed we are if he plays and bunch of other gibberish (despite admitting on more than one occassion that you knew nothing about him other than he came from a PS)? I mean all you did was sing the tune that he couldnt even beat out a 7th rounder then made up all kinds of other flaws just to continue to bash him...I mean it was the biggest broken record of the off season...

But this is now more than one post I have seen since the draft by you that alludes to being in support of Brohm now...so what did I miss?

lol, good call Alphadawg7

QUOTE (BlueFire @ Apr 10 2010, 12:09 PM) *

That's not true. According to Sirius NFL Radio the week we signed him, Brohm received offers from several teams but chose Buffalo because he'd have the best shot at playing time there.

DarthICE, April 10, 2010 : Prove it. All rumors. Here is FACT, he sat his ass on Green bays practice squad till BUFFALO actually signed him. I guess those other teams must be the same ones that were also lined up to sign TO when we did right? rolleyes.gif

Brohm sucks ass, why Bills fans cling to ****ty QB's so hard is beyond me. Maybe that is why the team sucks so badly? Ralph and smithers watch the messageboards and know you guys are more than willing to keep letting him field **** talent while praying it works out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is, any one of the QBs could be the starter next year. I want it to be Brohm, but I think it will be Trent. No one will know until after mini camp and preseason. I really believe the spot is 100% up for grabs, and whoever wants it the most will take it, and thats a good thing.

ICE, again you are on another QB crusade. Just give it up and observe a little bit, wait till preseason before we make any more judgements. As it stands there are 4 QB's and surely one of them won't be on the roster for week one. Until camp starts, let's just hope for development.

Besides I'm sure that there have been at least 3 threads on the same exact thing that you originally post all within the last month. So please stop recycling the same crap.

:lol:

Your posts and 'add replys' have a high degree of optimism.

Edwards and Fitz have given everything they have had to start and Bills fans and coaches know exactly what they can do. Brohm has not had that same opportunity, at least in Buffalo, so he deserves a chance because we know the least about him. However, he better understand that the hook is going to be pretty quick.

Before the hook they better have a better solution than the unfortunate losers of Fitz and TE. Better to concede the games than to submit to the torture of watching TE cough up the ball and throw his 2 yard Ints. Fitz on the other hand tries hard but yields the same results. Brohm deserves at least half the season and if he fails use Levi. Trade or cut TE and Fitz.

Actually that's wrong. Jauron was fired on November 17th. Brohm was signed on November 19th.

Brohm's signing very likely had zero to do with Dick Jauron.

"Jauron's Regime" remained intact except for Jauron 2 days after he was gone. Nix and Gailey were not on the scene. The wheels had been set in motion while he was there, and the deal completed by his regime.

"Jauron's Regime" remained intact except for Jauron 2 days after he was gone. Nix and Gailey were not on the scene. The wheels had been set in motion while he was there, and the deal completed by his regime.

Actually Nix was on the scene, though nobody knows if he had a "direct hand" on the Brohm signing.... but no, he wasn't acting GM at the time. Not sure if that's what you meant.

Ok, im confused...did I miss something here? Are you now a supporter of Brohm at QB after you spent all off season spouting off from you backside about bad he is and how doomed we are if he plays and bunch of other gibberish (despite admitting on more than one occassion that you knew nothing about him other than he came from a PS)? I mean all you did was sing the tune that he couldnt even beat out a 7th rounder then made up all kinds of other flaws just to continue to bash him...I mean it was the biggest broken record of the off season...

But this is now more than one post I have seen since the draft by you that alludes to being in support of Brohm now...so what did I miss?

I am trying to give the guy the benifit of the doubt and a fair chance. Isn't that what you have been asking most of us to do this entire offseason? Ok, Well I am willing to see what Gailey can do with the guy. I have a feeling the job is his to lose.

nice find darth. are you actually warming up to Brohm? :lol: go ahead, you can admit it.

Well we aren't running a WCO, He doesn't have an anointed one in front of him, so lets see what he can do with a full offseason with Gailey.

Haven't seen this posted....

I gotta feel after Gailey on Sirius today, how they have talked since the draft and Morts report, this is Brohm's job to lose. I also feel they want Brown to grow and challenge for the position later on or take over if Brohm can't do it.

that is a Win win situation in my book.

DarthIce when did you thaw to the idea of Brohm starting?? a win-win situation?? really, I've been espousing Brohm starting since we got him and recall numerous negative remarks by you!

nonethless, you are correct - it is a winning situation - Brohm will be very good in this offense

Check your facts - Buddy Nix was most certainly 'on the scene'. (After being employed by the Bills from 1993-2000, Nix joined John Butler in San Diego, first as Director of Pro Player Personnel, then - after Butler's death - as Asst. GM, before being rehired by the Bills as National Scout in January 2009). In fact, Nix was probably the one most responsible for acquiring Brohm - most likely as a reaction to the disaster that was Dick Jauron, particularly Jauron's naming Edwards the starter and stubbornly refusing to bring in a veteran QB to 'push' Edwards or give him any competition for the starting job).

DarthIce when did you thaw to the idea of Brohm starting?? a win-win situation?? really, I've been espousing Brohm starting since we got him and recall numerous negative remarks by you!

nonethless, you are correct - it is a winning situation - Brohm will be very good in this offense

I can't say if he will or won't, but It will be interesting to see how he does with a full offseason under his belt

I would MUCH rather have Edwards over Fitz and I am HOPING that Brohm miraculously becomes something I don't think he is....

Any way you slice it, I am willing to GUARANTEE the QB in week 1 will not be the same as week 17 and that has nothing to do with injuries.....

Fitz has had chances on other teams and here. Trent was given the job and had it yanked from him twice. Nix has seen all he needs to of both these clowns. It is time to give Brohm this season while developing Brown and lets see what he can do.

You are 100% correct, it is past time with Fitz and Edwards, we all know how bad they are.

I don't know...

I think Nix and Gailey have both been pretty clear that what happened, especially what happened last year, is the not going to count against ANY of these QB's...I know you hate Edwards and Fitz, I'm not crazy about them either, but My gut is telling me Nix and Gailey are hoping Trent is the QB that steps up because he's shown the most upside of the three to this point...Brohm is a wildcard right now...They really can't have much of an idea because he's barely played at the NFL level...Yes he was the best College QB of the three, but Gailey's quote about these three in comparison to the Top QB's of the 2010 Draft is a clear indication of how impressed they are with College performance...I don't think it matters to them all that much right now...

So anyway...I don't think it's anyone's Job to win or lose...I think they are hoping for one of them to grab the new Offense and step up...That's all... :lol:

Just looking at that 08 draft..McKelvin in the 1st, Hardy in the 2nd (I feel like I've barely seen the 2 play) and also Brohm in the 2nd..I mean, that draft was only two years ago...if these 3 can stay healthy and/or get the opportunity to play...they could still be big time players...

Even Maybin and Nelson from last year's draft..hopefully this coaching staff can get the most out of all of them.

This time next year Hardy could be a big time player at the local car wash if he doesn't show SOMETHING

Guest dog14787
Well we aren't running a WCO, He doesn't have an anointed one in front of him, so lets see what he can do with a full offseason with Gailey.

It took aprox. 2 weeks for Brohm to go from a piece of crap to a QB worthy of starting in your book. Are you here to disrupt the board or are you just that brain fried that you can't remember from one day to the next what you think.

You have the nerve to jump all over me because I defend a player I have backed since day one with your BS?

You have the nerve to tell me I need to find a different team?

I'm sure the Mods are starting to pay a little more attention to your posts and your constant harassment of posters who just come here to share the one thing we all have in common, the Buffalo Bills.

So keep up the good work :lol:

They say that the 2 statistics that are leading indicators for success, of a QBs drafted in the first 2 rounds, are if the QB prospect has atleast 65% completion ratio and atleast 25-30 starts in college. (I don't feel like tracking the quote down its from that crazy dude that over analyses stats that got hired as an exec for an MLB franchise) Brohm has both.

You can't just right the guy off because he was behind Brett Favre and Aron Rodgers. The packers didn't dress 3 QBs. Maybe they liked Matt Flynn as in game backup last year or maybe the Pack put Brohm on the practice squad so he can get more reps. Teams don't expect a mid season poach like the Bills performed to get him.

This will all play out in training camp. I don't think Gailey or Nix have a favorite going into this.

This will be a true competition throughout camp.

If Brohm is evaluated as the QB that gives the Bills the best chance at winning, there is not any money or favoritism behind the other QBs, Brohm will have earned a starting job.

Its about as simple as it gets.

We just don't know ... and all of these critics who have never seen Brohm come through preseason with a shot at being the starter have already decided that this highly rated Lousville quarterback is miles behind a Claussen or McCoy or even Tebow. If he can produce like he did with the Cardinals and benefit from riding the bench for a couple of years behind Favre and Rodgers then we just might have our starter.

At least, we finally have a management team and coach dedicated to winning football and more importantly geared towards offensive production. If you read Nix's comments about Van Pelt you can almost sense how much disgust Nix has for what Coach Dick did to the team and its players.

It's a new start people ... the draft has given us a playmaker and our defensive side of the ball should be stronger than before ... go LET's GO BUFFALO!!!

It took aprox. 2 weeks for Brohm to go from a piece of crap to a QB worthy of starting in your book. Are you here to disrupt the board or are you just that brain fried that you can't remember from one day to the next what you think.

You have the nerve to jump all over me because I defend a player I have backed since day one with your BS?

You have the nerve to tell me I need to find a different team?

I'm sure the Mods are starting to pay a little more attention to your posts and your constant harassment of posters who just come here to share the one thing we all have in common, the Buffalo Bills.

So keep up the good work :lol:

I know for a fact that a couple of them are, I talk to them all the time :lol: