Yes henry still needs to be traded.

ICE

He is a problem and will be a greater one this offseason. A team needs ONE Back that carry's the rock 25+ times. To me Joe burns will be fine as a backup. Shawd williams will be a very good 2nd to 3rd RB when he returns.

with the news that he may not have a full broken bone, I still see a 2nd for him.

That's the best plan I've heard yet. Anyone who starts another thread on this worn out and ridiculous subject shoud be forced to hold their breath until a trade actually happens .

That's the best plan I've heard yet.  Anyone who starts another thread on this worn out and ridiculous subject shoud be forced to hold their breath until a trade actually happens .

138814[/snapback]

Hmmmm. timmmma!

dude... the first thing we need to do as bills fans is get off our high horse as we we remove our rose colored glasses. That said...

1) Travis hasn't caused one goddamn problem. The media has, baited and way overstated both Willis and Travis.

2) Travis is not a top 15 back. We were all conned on this, self included. A top 15 back is a difference maker... one who makes gold out of dust... manufactures yards on their own where thre is no yards to be had... one who smells endzone and scores touchdowns.

3) Travis is a smashmouth running back in a brittle body. He's had a broken leg, ankle problems, torn rib cartliage, an arthritic knee (bone had to be shaved, but the arthritis will be back), and now in his 4th season, has only played a full season once. At one point he was compared favorably to Emmitt Smith. Both are similar in stature, but Travis cannot take the punishment Emmitt can take,

4) Travis, for a small guy, does not have they speed or lateral quickness you'd like to see in a back like he is. he has the straight away quickness but if the hole ain't there, he can't adjust.

5) He has mental lapses and misses assignments...ie, missed blitz pickups, blocks... although he is a willing blocker. He also puts the ball on the carpet too often

So, in mid February, the Free agent running back list is going to look somethng like this.......... Michael Bennet, Shaun Alexander, Lamont Jordan, Edgerrin James, Jesse Chatman, Amos Zeroue, Emmit Smith, Eddie George, Correll Buckhalter, James Mungro, and Dominick Rhodes, Travis Minor.

So.... think this over real good. There are 31 other NFL teams. Of those 31 teams, about 8 of them need to acquire a starting calibre running back and 4 of those teams will get their wish from the above list. Throw in Ricky Williams and a 5 of the 8 are going to fill their need . There are at least 3 running backs projected as 1st round picks... not counting any juniors that might declare for the draft. So venture a guess there could be as many as 6 RBs taken in the draft... so those other three teams stand a good chance at filling their RB position.

So, pretend I am a talented NFL GM from one of the following NFL teams...

Cleavland

Philadelphia

San Francisco

Miami

Oakland

Detroit

Indianapolis

Seattle

Now, sell me as to why I would want to give up the 33rd-64th pick in the draft for a banged up, injury prone, noted fumbler, and a player that is a "problem" as you suggest, that his team has to get rid of... and at that, a RB that is under contract for only next season and then free to go elsewhere? Sell me... I'm all ears.

Considering Donahoe's history of keeping a roster well-stocked with good backs, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that trade.

138806[/snapback]

Well to use your own words 'stocked with GOOD backs' :w00t:

Whether we trade Travis depends upon two factors:

1. What we could get for trading him

2. How much we'd have to pay to keep him.

If we could get a third round pick or better, and if he was unwilling to extend his contract with Buffalo, it's a no-brainer to trade him. On the other hand, if the best we could get was a fifth round pick, and if we could sign him to a $600,000 a year extension, then we keep him.

Anyone notice that Travis Henry is INJURY PRONE? He played one frickin play yesterday. He has been hurt three times this year and had 3 or 4 injuries last year. His trade value is next to nothing. Maybe a 6th or 7th round pick at best. Why is this even up for conversation today? Nobody can be traded until mid- February at the earliest.

dude... the first thing we need to do as bills fans is get off our high horse as we we remove our rose colored glasses.  That said...

1) Travis hasn't caused one goddamn problem.  The media has, baited and way overstated both Willis and Travis.

2) Travis is not a top 15 back.  We were all conned on this, self included. A top 15 back is a difference maker... one who makes gold out of dust... manufactures yards on their own where thre is no yards to be had... one who smells endzone and scores touchdowns.

3) Travis is a smashmouth running back in a brittle body.  He's had a broken leg, ankle problems, torn rib cartliage, an arthritic knee (bone had to be shaved, but the arthritis will be back), and now in his 4th season, has only played a full season once.  At one point he was compared favorably to Emmitt Smith.  Both are similar in stature, but Travis cannot take the punishment Emmitt can take,

4) Travis, for a small guy, does not have they speed or lateral quickness you'd like to see in a back like he is.  he has the straight away quickness but if the hole ain't there, he can't adjust.

5) He has mental lapses and misses assignments...ie, missed blitz pickups, blocks... although he is a willing blocker.  He also puts the ball on the carpet too often

So, in mid February, the Free agent running back list is going to look somethng like this.......... Michael Bennet, Shaun Alexander, Lamont Jordan, Edgerrin James, Jesse Chatman, Amos Zeroue, Emmit Smith, Eddie George, Correll Buckhalter, James Mungro, and Dominick Rhodes, Travis Minor.

So.... think this over real good.  There are 31 other NFL teams.  Of those 31 teams, about 8 of them need to acquire a starting calibre running back and 4 of those teams will get their wish from the above list.  Throw in Ricky Williams and a 5 of the 8 are going to fill their need .  There are at least 3 running backs projected as 1st round picks... not counting any juniors that might declare for the draft.  So venture a guess there could be as many as 6 RBs taken in the draft... so those other three teams stand a good chance at filling their RB position.

So, pretend I am a talented NFL GM from one of the following NFL teams...

Cleavland

Philadelphia

San Francisco

Miami

Oakland

Detroit

Indianapolis

Seattle

Now, sell me as to why I would want to give up the 33rd-64th pick in the draft for a banged up, injury prone, noted fumbler, and a player that is a "problem" as you suggest, that his team has to get rid of... and at that, a RB that is under contract for only next season and then free to go elsewhere?  Sell me... I'm all ears.

138847[/snapback]

This is the sound....of silence.

Great post.