Great article on draft grades.....

The biggest gripe with the Bills draft seems to be that the Bills couldn't fill their 5-7 glaring needs with the only 3 picks in the first 3 rounds they had.

The other thing that drives me nuts is when they say that they reached for Troup at 41 because he should have gone in the 50-55 range-Like there's a difference!

On the other hand I've heard for about 10 years the line " who are (you or they) to rate the Bills draft you're not professional football scouts or GMs - yes who are we to complain about picking Whitner over Ngata, or Parrish over Vince Jackson, who are we to complain about Cornell Green who's claim to fame is to do the impossible and make Raiders fans yearn for the return of Langston Walker- why does a team that will probably achieve the coveted longest non playoff streak deserve the benefit of the doubt when players are thrown under the bus for one bad season.

Not a bad read. He's defensive about our picks and he has a point.

"Rome wasn't built in a day."

If the Bills passed on Clausen twice and McCoy thrice, that should say something about the kind of prospects the Bills though they were. Time will tell if we're right or wrong. But the bottom line is we made this team a little better.

How is it a reach for Troupe if he would have gone 50-55? First of all, the "Experts" grade Troupe against all of the DT's int he draft. 3-4 NT's, 3-4 De's 4-3 3-techniques and 4-3 noses. We only had interest in 3-4 noses at that point.

Secondly, "he would have gone 50-55...

OK, the Bills didn't pick again until in the 70's, so clearly, if they wanted him, they should have taken him exactly when they did, or else they wouldn't have gotten him.

I laugh all the time when people talk about value. You only get one out of every 32 picks, so if you really want the guy, you better take him.

How is it a reach for Troupe if he would have gone 50-55? First of all, the "Experts" grade Troupe against all of the DT's int he draft. 3-4 NT's, 3-4 De's 4-3 3-techniques and 4-3 noses. We only had interest in 3-4 noses at that point.

Secondly, "he would have gone 50-55...

OK, the Bills didn't pick again until in the 70's, so clearly, if they wanted him, they should have taken him exactly when they did, or else they wouldn't have gotten him.

I laugh all the time when people talk about value. You only get one out of every 32 picks, so if you really want the guy, you better take him.

the other laughable argument ive seen around is "The Ravens took Cody, so they think he is the better player. And the Ravens are better at evaluating DLine than the Bills."

But the Ravens picked AFTER the Bills, so who is to say that if we had picked Cody, the Ravens wouldnt have picked Troupe?!?

Furthermore, as much as I love Cody, he is more of a luxury pick and better suited for the Ravens where he can spend time behind Ngata. WE needed someone who can play most of the downs.