2009 Bills led or were tied going into the 4th Qtr 10/16 games

1B4IDie

The Saints, Texans, Dolphins, Pats, Jets etc . . .ran all over us last season.

If you look at the 2009 Buffalo Bills they had a lead or were tied in 10/16 games. They only Won 5 of those game. The sixth win was the "come from behind" win vs the Dolphins.

Teams knew not to try and pass on the secondary to "come back," most of the leads were not much than a 3 points.

They simply put it on the ground.

If we could stop the run and turn 2 of those 5 loses after leading in the 4th quarter to wins. We're 8-8 in 2010. If we turn 3 of those loses to wins, we'll have our first winning record in what seems like forever

This team isn't as bad as everyone around the country says they are. The national media writes of Buffalo by default.

If this draft helps bolster the run defense. We're on the right track.

There are alot of negative people on this board about the direction of the team, because they wanted a Big Name, Low talent QB in the draft. There are alot of if ands and buts but I for one have much more hope for this squad then I did during the Rob Johnson\JP LOSSesman era.

But who knows if these small school dudes can make it in the big pond. This will be key in turning around our habit of snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

PLus I know you don't have **** else to do on Sunday and you're going to watch or game to the game anyway.

The Saints, Texans, Dolphins, Pats, Jets etc . . .ran all over us last season.

If you look at the 2009 Buffalo Bills they had a lead or were tied in 10/16 games. They only Won 5 of those game. The sixth win was the "come from behind" win vs the Dolphins.

Teams knew not to try and pass on the secondary to "come back," most of the leads were not much than a 3 points.

They simply put it on the ground.

If we could stop the run and turn 2 of those 5 loses after leading in the 4th quarter to wins. We're 8-8 in 2010. If we turn 3 of those loses to wins, we'll have our first winning record in what seems like forever

This team isn't as bad as everyone around the country says they are. The national media writes of Buffalo by default.

If this draft helps bolster the run defense. We're on the right track.

There are alot of negative people on this board about the direction of the team, because they wanted a Big Name, Low talent QB in the draft. There are alot of if ands and buts but I for one have much more hope for this squad then I did during the Rob Johnson\JP LOSSesman era.

But who knows if these small school dudes can make it in the big pond. This will be key in turning around our habit of snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

PLus I know you don't have **** else to do on Sunday and you're going to watch or game to the game anyway.

IMO, our defense got ran over in the 4th quarter because they were flat out gassed. Being on the field 35+ min a game will do that to you though.

If the offense last year could move the ball even a little who knows what we would be looking at.

IMO, our defense got ran over in the 4th quarter because they were flat out gassed. Being on the field 35+ min a game will do that to you though.

If the offense last year could move the ball even a little who knows what we would be looking at.

I tend to agree with you plus a home runner hitter isn't exactly going to increase offensive time of possession.

However if we could stop the run in the 4th . . .

With the added size and strength to our front seven I believe we'll have a MUCH better season this year...I completely agree that we are not nearly in as bad a shape than the national media thinks or many of our fans think...people saying I drink the cool-aid too much but like you said a few plays and a stout run defense and we were 11-5 last season...

Our new run defense is Edwards, Troup, Stroud as down linemen...those three weigh almost as much as our four linemen last season...then you add in our two MLB's both hundred tackle LB's...on the edges there's too much speculation to know who's going to start...but whether it is Kelsay, Maybin....Batten, Kelsay,....Maybin, Batten...Shobel comes back...or they bump Mitchell back outside and start Davis and Poz inside...we will have a ten times better run defense...and our pass defense will be great as well...it was good last season with turnovers even though our pass rush was weak...with our new scheme I am SURE we'll put more pressure on the QB's and our secondary will reap the benefits...we have ball hawking safeties now and I truly believe our defense will perform so much better this season...but even if it don't...go back to our offense...

Our OC last season threw it 40 times a game and ran it 20 times...played to our weaknesses...knowing good an hell well we couldn't keep our QB upright, we should have been pounding the rock...especially considering we averaged 4.4 ypc which is actually top fivish in the league...Gailey is much more seasoned and adding spiller I am guessing we are going to run it 40-50 times per game and throw it 15-20 times...playing to our strengths...at 4.4 ypc you're looking at 200 yards rushing...THAT keeps offenses OFF the field...and that's saying Spiller doesn't average more than 4.4 ypc...which in looking at him I believe he's such a break away back that our production will be ridiculous in the running game...when your running game is THAT effective...the passing game has recievers running wide open much more often...not to mention Trent's passing game is VERY strong with underneath routes that will be wide open because of more run blitzing...with Spiller out of the backfield, our passing attack can be fairly dangerous...

I just see this really being a better season...I've already stated I beleive we go 11-5 this season and are back in the playoffs for the first time in a decade...I'm excited for the first time since we brought in Drew Bledsoe :0) hehehehe

With the added size and strength to our front seven I believe we'll have a MUCH better season this year...I completely agree that we are not nearly in as bad a shape than the national media thinks or many of our fans think...people saying I drink the cool-aid too much but like you said a few plays and a stout run defense and we were 11-5 last season...

Our new run defense is Edwards, Troup, Stroud as down linemen...those three weigh almost as much as our four linemen last season...then you add in our two MLB's both hundred tackle LB's...on the edges there's too much speculation to know who's going to start...but whether it is Kelsay, Maybin....Batten, Kelsay,....Maybin, Batten...Shobel comes back...or they bump Mitchell back outside and start Davis and Poz inside...we will have a ten times better run defense...and our pass defense will be great as well...it was good last season with turnovers even though our pass rush was weak...with our new scheme I am SURE we'll put more pressure on the QB's and our secondary will reap the benefits...we have ball hawking safeties now and I truly believe our defense will perform so much better this season...but even if it don't...go back to our offense...

Our OC last season threw it 40 times a game and ran it 20 times...played to our weaknesses...knowing good an hell well we couldn't keep our QB upright, we should have been pounding the rock...especially considering we averaged 4.4 ypc which is actually top fivish in the league...Gailey is much more seasoned and adding spiller I am guessing we are going to run it 40-50 times per game and throw it 15-20 times...playing to our strengths...at 4.4 ypc you're looking at 200 yards rushing...THAT keeps offenses OFF the field...and that's saying Spiller doesn't average more than 4.4 ypc...which in looking at him I believe he's such a break away back that our production will be ridiculous in the running game...when your running game is THAT effective...the passing game has recievers running wide open much more often...not to mention Trent's passing game is VERY strong with underneath routes that will be wide open because of more run blitzing...with Spiller out of the backfield, our passing attack can be fairly dangerous...

I just see this really being a better season...I've already stated I beleive we go 11-5 this season and are back in the playoffs for the first time in a decade...I'm excited for the first time since we brought in Drew Bledsoe :0) hehehehe

The defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down but some of the fault was the result of offensive ineptitude.

Last year's defense was 24th in third down conversions, 40.4%. And tied with SF for most 3rd down attempts allowed, 240. The defense was 32nd in rushing 1st downs surrendered, 134. This validates the focus on addressing upgrades to the front 7 on D.