One thing confirmed with this draft re 3-4 defense

jahnyc

I think many people underestimated the ramifications of switching to a 3-4 defense this year. The Bills picked a true NT (hopefully) for a 3-4 scheme, a big DE, and two defensive players that will be making the switch to outside LB. With our only real free agent investments made at inside LB (Davis has experience in the 3-4) and Edwards (a DE), it is clear that moving to a 3-4 required the Bills to use a good chunk of available resources (i.e., draft picks and money for free agents) for the switch.

Not sure what this means for Kelsay, Ellis, Stroud, Williams, Johnson and Maybin.

It is clear that the rebuild of this roster is going to take a long time. The offense is probably in worse shape now than at the start of last season (no Owens, no Reed, Wood still recovering from a broken leg, and Butler retired).

I think many people underestimated the ramifications of switching to a 3-4 defense this year. The Bills picked a true NT (hopefully) for a 3-4 scheme, a big DE, and two defensive players that will be making the switch to outside LB. With our only real free agent investments made at inside LB (Davis has experience in the 3-4) and Edwards (a DE), it is clear that moving to a 3-4 required the Bills to use a good chunk of available resources (i.e., draft picks and money for free agents) for the switch.

Not sure what this means for Kelsay, Ellis, Stroud, Williams, Johnson and Maybin.

It is clear that the rebuild of this roster is going to take a long time. The offense is probably in worse shape now than at the start of last season (no Owens, no Reed, Wood still recovering from a broken leg, and Butler retired).

I agree. We had to make the necessary changes due to the switch. We not have competition at every 3-4 position ensuring us that the best front 7 will be our there... at least I hope.

I am excited to see some of these guys go. Our offense has been tragically under coached. I hope this new regime has what it takes.

Just a quick note, Moats will be playing ILB.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...59-aedc24bf4f9a

Yup this is a 2 - 3 year rebuilding project. But we are on the right path..

One thing I think and hope it means is this message (and for Lynch too): we lost with you and we can lose without you. Show something or get out of the way for the next man up.