We're not going to be a good team in 2010

man I can't even comprehend this. I bleed red white and blue. The buffalo bills are my favorite team, win or lose. And always will be( unless they move that is, then i reserve judgement to change my mind). what is it with fairweather fans?

Hey Bud, I mean no disrespect to the city I grew up in and love. I still visit thee every year for hunting season. I'm glad I don't live there because I see how much passion those who do have only to get b*tched slapped again year after year. I saw OJ play in the Rockpile with my Dad and will cherish those memories for the rest of my life.

I feel bad for the people of Buffalo because you deserve better. But make no mistake, I'm not an apologist either. My comment about being glad I no longer live there has helped me to see there's better things to do with my Sunday's (I live in San Diego) instead of watching a loser football team. You know the old saying- Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me fifteen years shame on me.

Don't take this personally. But some probably will. If being a fan for the better part of 42 years and having you Bullschit meter pegged is being a fair weather fan, then you've got me dead to rights.

All that stated, I love C.J. Spiller and think will be an exceptional player, but is that really what we needed with our first round pick? Or is that the wisest use of our pick given our needs?

For those of you who can't handle the truth F**k off back at you.

I'm just sayin...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any (rational) fan of the Bills ever thought this years team was going to be a playoff contender or even a .500 club. Fact is this team has a serious dearth in talent, a brand new offensive and defensive scheme\philosophy. It takes a good team a season, if not two to completely buy into a new scheme -- so expecting a very raw and untalented roster to do it in one off season is unrealistic and unfair. Fact? So Stroud, Schoebel, Jackson, Poz, K.Williams, Evans, McGee, McKelvin, Byrd, Whitner, Wood, Lindell & Moorman wouldn't start on ANY other team? I disagree.

However, the question you should be asking is whether this rebuilding project has better architects than the past three or if its just more of the same. The Spiller pick to me is a huge red flag that this front office is just the same as before -- ie clueless about how to properly build a wining foundation. Taking a RB, no matter how good, at 9 is stupid. Stupid? Adding a player who's a threat to score on every play won't help this offense? I disagree.

I'm sorry. Its even worse when that RB isn't going to be an every down player and will split carries with not one, but TWO other 1,000 yard rushers.

The rest of the draft was muddled for me. It appears they focused on shoring up the defensive front 7 which was long over due. However, I don't claim to know enough about the players they picked to say that they upgraded with Kyle Williams type talent (yes, he had an awesome year last year) or if they got a bunch of Chris Ellises and John McCargos. If they hadn't blown the first pick so spectacularly I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But now I'm a bit suspect albeit optimistic.

Still, the utter failure to address the OLine (not impressed with Wang or the other G they got) See previous bold -you say you don't know enough about them. You 'know' all the O picks but none of the D? Let's go out on a limb and pretend Nix/Gailey do.. is silly. Especially when they could have traded back from 9, picked up one of the better OTs (like the guy who went at the start of round 2 to the Rams) AND gotten another pick is just sheer stupidity to me. I'm fine with not taking a QB if they didn't feel that there was a legit franchise guy there. That's fine. But you can't convince me that Wang is going to be a day one starter which means our starting OLine is perhaps the worst in the NFL now. In fact it got worse over the off season w Butlers retirement. Bell, Levitre, Wood, Handgarter, and Green? Awesome.

So now, best case scenario the Front Office has fixed the defensive line this off season. That's all. That still leaves huge holes on the OL, WR corps, LB corps and a franchise QB. I know its impossible to fix everything in one off season but I don't think its unfair to expect the front office to try to fix TWO or THREE of the issues.

The only way we are going to find a Franchise QB is to have a top 3 pick in the draft. I doubt that will happen. But even if it did, they'd still need serious help at OT, LB and WR meaning they'd have just as many holes to fill NEXT year.

I'm sorry that's not pessimism. That's the truth Not even the truth, by your own reasoning. Not knowing much about the players drafted and suggesting that adding a game breaker is 'Stupid' is hardly truth... So I can't blame people who are upset with this offseason. Not because they expected to win now but because they expected the front office to address more than just one of the dozens of holes on this team. They simply can't go one hole at a timr.

You certainly don't have to be ecstatic about this draft, but claiming that it was clueless, stupid and an utter failure as 'Truth' when you acknowledge little insight about the players says much more about you than your thesis.

perhaps the Bills felt Bell is now ready to be their LT. After all, he really did need more time to develop. Hopefully, with some playing experience and an offseason to get stronger, he can be at least an average starting LT. He does has all the physical gifts to do it. Wang could also be ready next year or two.

I think the Bills are on a 2 year plan. They are rebuilding the team over couple of drafts, as they should. You don't build a solid long-term team over night.

Next year is the year to get a franchise QB. There could be 6 qb's drafted in the 1st round. This year really was lacking in good qb's, outside of Sam Bradford. Next year, Bradford may even have fallen to be only the 3rd or 4th qb picked.

You certainly don't have to be ecstatic about this draft, but claiming that it was clueless, stupid and an utter failure as 'Truth' when you acknowledge little insight about the players says much more about you than your thesis.[/color]

The truth is that RBs are overvalued. And when you have two 1,000 yard rushers on your roster already and a ton of holes all over the roster, you don't waste a 9th round pick on a player who isn't an every down back. It's a stupid move regardless of how talented the RB picked is because you don't need super star RB to win games in the modern NFL. You can get as much, if not more, production from cheaper, less costly RBs. Spiller didn't improve the team -- he's a splashy pick. Just like Willis was. Like Henry was. Like Lynch was ... see a trend?

It doesn't matter how good he is. And that's the point. He could be the second coming of Walter Payton, but I'd argue that you get more from having two cheaper backs on your roster and a better passing game in today's game than you would if you had Sweetness and scrubs surrounding him. Back in the 70s, 80s (and maybe) 90s, Sweetness with a bunch of scrubs could still win a handful of games and make your team a playoff contender. Not so much anymore.

Put it another way, who are the top 3 RBs in the league based on pure talent? Johnson, Peterson and Gore, right? All three are highly productive, they put up huge highlight videos, great yardage and are great RBs.

Now, how many playoff games have they played? How many have they won? How many super bowls have they led their teams to?

And, in all three cases, the Niners, Titians and Vikings have far better rosters than the Bills.

Now, if the Bills had 3 holes to fill and they took Spiller. Okay. They could afford it. If they were one playmaker away, sure, then it's a great pick. But they're not even close to that. They have giant holes on their O-Line (now the worst in the league by far heading into pre-season), no QB on the roster who can win a super bowl, outside of Lee, no tested WRs, a terrible LB corps, and an unknown defensive front which will be largely manned by rookies in key spots or veterans playing in a brand new 3-4 scheme.

Sorry, factoring all that into it, wasting a valuable 9th pick on a RB is beyond stupid. It's catostrophic. Even if he pans out like Johnson, Gore and Peterson, the Bills won't go to the playoffs, won't get out of the bottom of the AFC East. They may go from terrible to just bad, maybe okay. But that's about all a RB can do for a team in today's game.

You don't need to be a draft guru to understand that. You just have to understand the modern game and its economics.

ANd the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll probably be willing to give Buddy Nix the benefit of the doubt on this draft.

Jauron and Levy left this team void of talent. Our 2006 first round draft pick has been rumored to be on the trade block, our other one can't get on the field. Our 2007 first round draft pick is now 3rd string, and rumored to be on the trade block.

McKelvin looks promising when healthy, and Maybin too early to tell.

But the point remains, Levy and Jauron tried to base this team around smaller speedy guys, and now Nix and Gailey are forced to retool this entire roster with adequate sized players.

I think Nix and Gailey understand this team is probably not going to be in the mix this year, and they need to fix whats wrong under the hood before they worry about the paint job. They had a top 10 pick, and instead of doing what Levy did EVERYTIME, picking a player who fit the number 1 need, Nix took the absolute best player available. How can you fault him for that?

If this team is built up in 2 years, Spiller will still be here. So, drafting for your primary need in 2010 made very little sense when 2010 is most likely a throw away year . You can't overcome a decade of mediocrity in one off-season. Hopefully RW is patient enough with Nix, and hopefully Gailey turns out to be the right coach for this team.

Only fools try to predict the future, and only bigger fools try to convince others that they're predictions are already a part of history.

Hey Bud, I mean no disrespect to the city I grew up in and love. I still visit thee every year for hunting season. I'm glad I don't live there because I see how much passion those who do have only to get b*tched slapped again year after year. I saw OJ play in the Rockpile with my Dad and will cherish those memories for the rest of my life.

I feel bad for the people of Buffalo because you deserve better. But make no mistake, I'm not an apologist either. My comment about being glad I no longer live there has helped me to see there's better things to do with my Sunday's (I live in San Diego) instead of watching a loser football team. You know the old saying- Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me fifteen years shame on me.

Don't take this personally. But some probably will. If being a fan for the better part of 42 years and having you Bullschit meter pegged is being a fair weather fan, then you've got me dead to rights.

All that stated, I love C.J. Spiller and think will be an exceptional player, but is that really what we needed with our first round pick? Or is that the wisest use of our pick given our needs?

For those of you who can't handle the truth F**k off back at you.

I'm just sayin...

Well if you have better things to do with your Sundays than to watch loser teams like ours, why are you spending your time on this Sunday posting about our loser team? shouldn't you be surfing or eating fish tacos or something.