If Vincent comes back this week...

i'd like to see TV eased in at nickelback, and then take it game by game from there........if he's ready for more workload, FS is an option, but I wouldn't count out a return to starting corner for him either......anyway, thomas hasn't impressed me all that much this season and i'd like to see less of him in the short-term.....

TV better hope he has the respect of the players cuz it's obvious the fans are going to make him earn their respect... I think TV needs to earn his playing time... just like TeeMac, RB, and the rest. I would not oppose him working the dime for a few weeks... and see where that takes the Bills.

do you remove Baker from the lineup and put Vincent at FS?  Or would it be better to put him at starting CB or nickel back?  I don't know.  I think Baker has done a good job and can only get better.  Vincent though could make an amazing FS.  I think that Vincent is more valuable at CB.

138156[/snapback]

Nope. Nickel back duty, maybe 15 snaps.

Several questions need to be answered.

Was he dogging it? Was he not? Can he be a CB? Is he a viable safety? Is he rusty? Can he come off injury at age 33? - and so on.

Personally, I'd have him back on punt returns to see if he still has moxie...

Why play him at all?  This defense has kicked ass for 3 of the last 4 weeks...even on the road.

Why screw up the chemestry?

138241[/snapback]

Yep. As I noted some time ago, his chief accomplishment so far was sucessfully convincing TD into thinking that Cincy, which signed O'Neal from Denver and who drafted 3 db's in the 1st 3 rounds, were seriously considering signing him.

Troy Vincent will only make our team better, no matter what position he plays. I feel that he best helps our team at FS. McGee is getting better faster than Baker is. If you like the leadership that Milloy brings to our D than you should love the idea of Vincent being back there calling out offenses plays. It was said in the beginning of the year that Vincent is one of those special players that are very hard to come bye. He will boost our defense to be even better than it already is. Troy Vincent may be the missing piece to the puzzle. He can tutor McGee and Clements on every play. THis is not a good defense it is an amazing defense. I feel like it is the best in the league. The crappy offensive play we got in the first half of the year only hurt our defensive rankings. Vincent + a emerging offense should propel our D to the #1 ranking it deserves over the next five games.