Players in Rounds 4-7

Wizard

Obviously, the Bills still have gaping holes (as far as having quality players on the roster) at certain positions, including QB, OT, OLB, WR.

Here are players at several positions who I believe may provide "value" in Rounds 4-7. I define "value" as a player that I believe is already better or equal to a guy on the Bills roster and/or a guy that could be a starter in the next 2-3 years.

Here are my top (10) players that I would love the Bills to consider:

1. DT (Cam Thomas)

2. OLB (Eric Norwood)

3. OT (Kyle Calloway)....Please Bills...pick and OT

4. OT (Selvish Capers)....Please Bills...pick a second OT

5. WR (Riley Cooper)

6. OLB (Larry Hart)

7. TE (Dennis Pitta)....Isn't a position of Need, but Nix doesn't consider "need" too often

8. OG (Joe Hawley)

9. OG (Sergio Render)

10A WR (Chris McGaha)

10B DE (Corey Wooten)

QB

Levi Brown & John Skelton (I believe both could supplant Fitzpatrick and challenge Brohm as the #2 QB; however, the statistics I presented in my previous post (about Rounds 4-7 QB's) don't justify a QB before Round #6)

Conclusion: Take Brown or Skelton in Round #6; otherwise, don't take a QB in draft

WR

Until Steve Johnson gets field time and Hardy proves he isn't an injury-prone 2nd round bust, there are three (3) guys I believe provide some value: Riley Cooper, Chris McGaha, and Freddie Barnes. I believe any one of these guys could be an upgrade at our #2 or #3 spot; however, they are competing against a weak field in (C. Jackson, Hardy, Johnson, and Parrish).

Conclusion: If the Bills trade up for an extra fourth (4th), then take Cooper; otherwise, only take McGaha or Barnes if available in Round 7.

TE

Dennis Pitta is an overall better TE than Nelson (truly a larger WR) and the rest of the roster. He is solid value at TE; however, it is not a need.

Conclusion: Take Pitta if still available in Round #5. The other guys like McCoy and Hernandez are athletic upgrades to the Bills current roster, but I wouldn't take them over need in Rounds 4 & 5 at OT/LB.

OT/OG/C Can someone explain to me why the Bills still haven't selected an offense tackle when Demetrius Bell and Green are the tackles? I almost cried after each of the Bills selections in Rounds 2-3. The Bills need at least two (preferably three offensive lineman).

• Calloway, Capers, and Campbell (These are the only OT worth looking at in Rounds 4 or 5.)
  • Sergio Render, and Joe Hawley (OG's...versatile players to look at in Rounds 6 or 7)

Conclusion: The Bills should try and get Calloway, Capers, and either Render/Hawley. Calloway and Capers are upgrades to our current OT's. Render and Hawley serve as insurance for Wood's recovery and also provide long-snapping ability as well as experience and depth at center to Hangartner.

DT/DE

Cam Thomas (a true NT) should be a round #4 priority. You can never have too much depth, and in my opinion, Cam Thomas is an upgrade over any NT on our roster, including Troup. Corey Wooten (DE) and C.J. Wilson (DE) are worth looks at also.

Conclusion: Cam Thomas should be a round #4 pick either by the Bills selection and/or the Bills trading back in Round #4 to pick up this guy. Wooten would be solid value in Round #5. Wilson would be worth a shot as a Round 6 or 7 pick; however, DE shouldn't get as much consideration as OT/DT/OLB/WR

OLB/ILB: Eric Norwood is an upgrade and Larry Hart could either be a starter or a quality player on the roster. Of all the reports I've read about Hart, "has a passion for the game, competitive. Good football aptitude. Outstanding character-coachable, and humble." And, "flies up the field and makes plays."

Conclusion: You can never have too many quality linebackers. Norwood is a Round #4 value pick. I would take Hart with one of the picks in the 6th round and consider it a steal.

Safety/CB: DON'T TAKE A SAFETY OR CORNER....PLEASE DON'T DO IT.

Buffalo should go after Selvish Capers or Ted Larsen (C NCSU) for the O line. As for Cam Thomas, he's not that good. He is not an upgrade over anyone on our roster, including Troup. There's a reason he's still available in the 5th round when so many other DTs have gone much earlier. Here's a clue, he's not that good.