No one saying the "R" word, REBUILD, have they?

San-O

Given the Bills current roster, no QB, new coachs all they way around, why would Buffalo

not trade down or out of the 1st round and get extra picks?

They need help almost everywhere, have a not too good O-line which I wouldn't want a rookie QB

behind anyway, and the curve of learning a new offense.

Plus, they may get a QB in 2nd (it's possible) and they have no body to throw to anyhow. Except Evans.

Play it smart, trade down, take your lumps and hope to build for the future

IMHO.

:unsure:

Given the Bills current roster, no QB, new coachs all they way around, why would Buffalo

They need help almost everywhere, have a not too good O-line which I wouldn't want a rookie QB

Plus, they may get a QB in 2nd (it's possible) and they have noone to throw to anyhow. Except Evans.

IMHO.

"Noone" ? Wasn't he the lead singer with "Hermit's Hermits"? :lol:

No offense, SoCal but I'll be the first person on this thread and about the 300th person total on related threads to say:

1) It takes a willing trade partner, which is difficult because:

2) Most of the teams in the top 3rd of the first round would also like to trade down to pick up extra premium picks.

If more teams want to move down than to move up, it's very difficult to pull off this sort of trade.

I would bet that any trade in the first round happens during the draft when a player who is coveted, is still available at a certain pick.

I think there's no doubt that the Bills would like to/will try to trade down.

They have said that they can't do it all in one year. So even in they aren't using the "R" word, they are rebuilding.

I agree with the point that they should try to get more picks if possible. The other side of that is that this team has zero star power, and no players that need to be gameplanned against. So if they can get an impact player at 9, maybe that's better than filling a extra hole.

The only thing worse than not trading down would be forcing a trade down, losing an opportunity draft a top talent, and not getting very good equity. It's not as simple as throwing a dart at the list of teams and picking up the phone.

Plus, they may get a QB in 2nd (it's possible) and they have no body to throw to anyhow. Except Evans.

IMHO.

I believe that the Bills will try to trade down if they can find the right partner and I do believe that they should if a reasonable trade is available.

No offense, SoCal but I'll be the first person on this thread and about the 300th person total on related threads to say:

1) It takes a willing trade partner, which is difficult because:

2) Most of the teams in the top 3rd of the first round would also like to trade down to pick up extra premium picks.

If more teams want to move down than to move up, it's very difficult to pull off this sort of trade.

I would bet that any trade in the first round happens during the draft when a player who is coveted, is still available at a certain pick.

I think there's no doubt that the Bills would like to/will try to trade down.

First off I agree with our responses 1 and 2 to SoCal, and another response might be the reason you don't trade out of the first round is then you don't get first round talent.

They may not want to trade down if they want Clausen and he's there. So saying there's no doubt they want to trade down may not be true.

IMHO.

:thumbsup:

That would be AWESOME if they could trade down. We will see soon enough.

but i do have to disagree with there is nobody to throw to. Lets see, we have Evans, lynch, Frediie, Roscoe, Stevie J, Hardy, Nelson, Schouman, and didnt we just sign another tight end (his name eludes me)? and the other guy that NE drafted, and then there is a good chance they will add someone else in the draft and possibly another free agent when it is all said and done. So, not exactley no body. I realize what you are saying is its not a star studded line up but seriously, i don't think its as bad as some people believe.

That would be AWESOME if they could trade down. We will see soon enough.

but i do have to disagree with there is nobody to throw to. Lets see, we have Evans, lynch, Frediie, Roscoe, Stevie J, Hardy, Nelson, Schouman, and didnt we just sign another tight end (his name eludes me)? and the other guy that NE drafted, and then there is a good chance they will add someone else in the draft and possibly another free agent when it is all said and done. So, not exactley no body. I realize what you are saying is its not a star studded line up but seriously, i don't think its as bad as some people believe.

Well, throw TO or throw AT!

:thumbsup: