Man I am excited to see Nix work his Mojo Starting Thursday!

DarthICE

this team will be built through drafts and I am ready! It is well past time we did it right as slow and painful as it may sometimes be, building through the draft is the right way.

As for the whining about NE, Jets or whomever signing so and so, who cares? You NEVER add personnel in a reactionary way. We can't control what others do. Also we aren't to the point signing free agents is a help.

I'm looking forward to what Nix is going to do post-draft. One of the biggest complaints I've had over past Bills regimes is that they simply stop looking for help after the Draft. Nix has gone on record saying that after the Draft he believes in using free agency again to plug up the holes the best you can.

I only hope he sticks to his word.

Also, I'm very curious about the UDFAs that he signs.

this team will be built through drafts and I am ready! It is well past time we did it right as slow and painful as it may sometimes be, building through the draft is the right way.

As for the whining about NE, Jets or whomever signing so and so, who cares? You NEVER add personnel in a reactionary way. We can't control what others do. Also we aren't to the point signing free agents is a help.

spot on iceman - and i'm geeked about it also

I'm looking forward to what Nix is going to do post-draft. One of the biggest complaints I've had over past Bills regimes is that they simply stop looking for help after the Draft. Nix has gone on record saying that after the Draft he believes in using free agency again to plug up the holes the best you can.

I only hope he sticks to his word.

Also, I'm very curious about the UDFAs that he signs.

I honestly think we might have signed one or two more FA's had the uncapped rules not kept over 200 potential FA's on their current teams. Same for after the draft.

The draft is for a teams core, and FA used to fill where needed in a responsible fashion. Example, the Pats and even they have struck out when swinging for the big player in FA (Roosevelt Colvin, Adelius Thomas). Homeruns were hit with a few trades (4th rounder for Moss, a 2nd & 7th for Welker, etc - mostly because they Raiders were, well, the Raiders and the Dolphins were just plain stupid).

In short, a team cannot be built solely thru the draft. It takes wise FA signings, wise (and lucky) trades, and hits with drafts to build a team.

What we have seen from Buffalo this off season is restraint from attempting to make the big FA splash, yet some immediate needs were addressed. Edwards will hopefully be a big help.