My Final Draft Projection

Wing Man

Final analysis:

I'll be stunned if any of the "big 4" (Bradford, Suh, Okung, McCoy) drop to 9. I'll go one further and predict that someone, perhaps even the Bills, trades up into the 2-8 range and takes Clausen off the board. If the Bills are sincere in their statements that they will not take an OT if the top two are unavailable, that leaves Dan Williams or McClain as the obvious choices in my mind from a need perspective. Other than that, I predict that they will trade down to get more picks to fill more needs.

The wild cards are Dez Bryant and Spiller. It's hard to see how the Bills would draft RB without a stud LT to run over unless they plan to run right all season. Taking a WR in the first round is extremely risky but has paid off on occasion. If they want to roll the dice, this is the pick.

My ultimate prediction is that the Bills take Clausen when all is said and done at 9 or higher. Nix/Whaley/Gailey want their own QB to build around and Nix has a history at San Diego for making splashy moves high in the draft to obtain the QB he wants. For all of the criticism surrounding Clausen, he is a NFL ready QB with a strong upside. It's a manuever in the Breez/Rivers model. Selecting Tebow or any other QB in rounds 2-7 are mysteries at best. They will trade time for quality this year and store up a warehouse of draft picks for 2011. It will provide them time to groom Clausen and prepare him to play full time in 2011.

That's it. Let me have it.

Final analysis:

I'll be stunned if any of the "big 4" (Bradford, Suh, Okung, McCoy) drop to 9. I'll go one further and predict that someone, perhaps even the Bills, trades up into the 2-8 range and takes Clausen off the board. If the Bills are sincere in their statements that they will not take an OT if the top two are unavailable, that leaves Dan Williams or McClain as the obvious choices in my mind from a need perspective. Other than that, I predict that they will trade down to get more picks to fill more needs.

The wild cards are Dez Bryant and Spiller. It's hard to see how the Bills would draft RB without a stud LT to run over unless they plan to run right all season. Taking a WR in the first round is extremely risky but has paid off on occasion. If they want to roll the dice, this is the pick.

My ultimate prediction is that the Bills take Clausen when all is said and done at 9 or higher. Nix/Whaley/Gailey want their own QB to build around and Nix has a history at San Diego for making splashy moves high in the draft to obtain the QB he wants. For all of the criticism surrounding Clausen, he is a NFL ready QB with a strong upside. It's a manuever in the Breez/Rivers model. Selecting Tebow or any other QB in rounds 2-7 are mysteries at best. They will trade time for quality this year and store up a warehouse of draft picks for 2011. It will provide them time to groom Clausen and prepare him to play full time in 2011.

That's it. Let me have it.

OK Where is all of this Nix history come from?? He's never been a GM. He was a scout. Unless you were in the San Diego war room when they made their picks, there's no way to know what involvement Nix had in the Chargers' picks.

OK Where is all of this Nix history come from?? He's never been a GM. He was a scout. Unless you were in the San Diego war room when they made their picks, there's no way to know what involvement Nix had in the Chargers' picks.

you beat me to it....but also, what makes anyone believe that they will not take an OT if the "top 2" were not available? Who's top two? There is no official ranking of draft picks.

And if there were, why would they make a statement telling you what they would or would not do in any draft day scenario? Lastly, Clausen at 9 is risky enough, so why would the Bills trade more picks to move up to get him?

This is the NFL Draft. Mission accomplished. Get the fan so excited about it and work on his starvation by dangling a cupcake over his head and watch him go.