Can we get a 1st for Travis Henry and our 2nd?

wouldn't trade our 2nd and Henry for a first.

You just over value a first rounder pick. Think about it, half of all first rounders fail.

I'd prefer to trade down in the draft and gain additional picks, because we could still use more depth and one first round pick doesn't bring that.

Why wouldn't any of those teams take our 2nd and a pro-bowl RB for a mid-first pick?

He'd be perfect for each of the above teams and could fit in CIN if Johnson is pursued by a couple of teams.

137103[/snapback]

Not everyone has declared, but next years draft looks to be pretty weak. I'd rather see some smart FA money spent and draft some "solid" looking hopefuls.

Answer: Because TH has a broken leg, isn't football smart, can't pass block and has poor hands.

137155[/snapback]

Besides that though, he's awesome!

Losman-et al., don't you think you undermine any credibility by suggesting Houston? They have on of the best young RBs in the league.

i say no one offers more than a mid/low 3rd round pick for travis, and therefore we keep him on the roster next season...and let him walk afterward.

with his contract situation he is CHEAP INSURANCE at the rb position...why WOULDN'T we keep him around? unless somebody sees something in burns and williams that i don't, i say it's a no brainer.

now if TD somehow swindles a pick in the 40s or 50s out of somebody, then it's a different story, but i don't see it happening.

look at how many RBs are free agents after this season. alexander, E. James to name a few. and there are some good ones in the draft. as it stands his trade value has droped due to injury.

we SHOULD get a second rounder. but it wont be a high second rounder.

he wont be with the bills next year. he has said several times, if hes not the starter he wants to be traded. he'll sit this year and move one next year.

Why wouldn't any of those teams take our 2nd and a pro-bowl RB for a mid-first pick?

Dude... what team is that stupid? please name me one.

Who is Travis Henry????

Well, if I'm a team looking to acquire a RB, Henry is on my list... but underneath his name, the comments read...

5 years in league. played one full season.

has had knee problem, arthritis... had surgery for this

has had ankle problems

Torn rib cartilage

Broken bone in each leg

becomes FA after 2005 season.

So... let me see should the Bills or some toehr team give up a 1st round choice to aquire Duece Staley and a 2nd round pick? That is basically what you're saying...

I'm sorry, someone is smoking crack if they think Henry garners anything higher than a 5th rounder... and if some crazy bastard dangles a number 4 in front of me I wouldn't think twice about taking that deal.

I agree with those who say we ought to keep Travis. Esp. now with the injury, he's not going to bring any value in a trade. But he is still the best insurance the Bills have against WM going down with an injury - and incredibly cheap insurance at that, for a back with his ability. I see no reason to let him go "cheaply" next year. He may not be the happiest player on the bench, but he's proven he's a "team player", and I think he will live up to the contract he signed. His turn at FA will come the next year, and he can try and "cash in" then.

Draft looks pretty naff for really good prospects, why get over excited about trying to get a 1st in what looks to be a fairly poor draft class. Going for a 1st in the following draft would appear to be a better idea. Used our 1st already with Losman, am happy enough with that consdiering what looks to be available this year.

As for trading Travis, sure if we can get something worthwhile - 2nd/3rd rounder. But don't bust a gut trying to package him with some of our picks in order to get a first rounder, at least not in this year's draft.

Dude... what team is that stupid?  please name me one.

Who is Travis Henry????

Well, if I'm a team looking to acquire a RB, Henry is on my list... but underneath his name, the comments read...

has had ankle problems

Torn rib cartilage

Broken bone in each leg

So... let me see should the Bills or some toehr team give up a 1st round choice to aquire Duece Staley and a 2nd round pick?  That is basically what you're saying...

I'm sorry, someone is smoking crack if they think Henry garners anything higher than a 5th rounder... and if some crazy bastard dangles a number 4 in front of me I wouldn't think twice about taking that deal.

137615[/snapback]

Thank you. Voice of reason. Too many Madden GM-wannabees who play fantasy football in their fantasy world aren't quite prepared or the real world.

All 4 of those teams have proven, productive backs (some more than 1), but have injury issues. Houston has Davis and Wells, AZ has Emmitt and Shipp, Carolina has Davis and Foster, Chicago has ATrain and Jones.

A more likely candidate would be Indy who may well lose Edge, due to the salary-cap ramifications of the Manning contract and his stated desire to play near his home in FLA.

Dude... what team is that stupid?  please name me one.

Who is Travis Henry????

has had ankle problems

Torn rib cartilage

Broken bone in each leg

So... let me see should the Bills or some toehr team give up a 1st round choice to aquire Duece Staley and a 2nd round pick?  That is basically what you're saying...

137615[/snapback]

No way man. TH is one of the top five RBs in the leauge. :huh: (if I had less to do, I'd go back and find out who was making this claim 3 weeks ago).