Nix's top nine players

In his pre draft press conference Nix talked about having nine players ready to be their pick when their turn came in the first round. That you can't be surprised when a guy you wanted was off the board. He also said that a top ten pick had better be a guy that can step in and play right away. Well here's my guess at what the Bills' draft board looks like...

1. Bradford

2. Suh

3. McCoy

4. Okung

5. Clausen

6. Williams

7. Morgan

8. McClain

9. Spiller

As for Dez Bryant, Nix's talk about it being a deep draft at WR leads me to believe that he isn't on their board in the first. Although it would have been beneficial to talk up Bryant as an option so as to get a team to draft ahead and bump another player they wanted back towards the #9 pick.

So baring any trades, and looking at the current mock drafts going around, it looks to me that the Bills will select Clausen, Morgan, or McClain in the first.

Out of that list, the two that will most likely fall to us that I like are morgan and trent williams. And they weren't exactly the ones I liked a lot in the begining. I say take trent williams if he is there, because we seem to need him more. But I wouldn't complain if we took morgan. The guy looks pretty close to a sure thing.

Also, I don't think Braford, okung, Suh, and Mcoy would be on his list since there it is just expected they won't be there.

Out of that list, the two that will most likely fall to us that I like are morgan and trent williams. And they weren't exactly the ones I liked a lot in the begining. I say take trent williams if he is there, because we seem to need him more. But I wouldn't complain if we took morgan. The guy looks pretty close to a sure thing.

Also, I don't think Braford, okung, Suh, and Mcoy would be on his list since there it is just expected they won't be there.

For what it's worth, I had a dream that we drafted Derrick Morgan last night. I really need to start thinking about something other than the draft!

For what it's worth, I had a dream that we drafted Derrick Morgan last night. I really need to start thinking about something other than the draft!

you too huh? i cant seem to think about much else....lol. like waiting for x-mas day.

In his pre draft press conference Nix talked about having nine players ready to be their pick when their turn came in the first round. That you can't be surprised when a guy you wanted was off the board. He also said that a top ten pick had better be a guy that can step in and play right away. Well here's my guess at what the Bills' draft board looks like...

1. Bradford

2. Suh

3. McCoy

4. Okung

5. Clausen

6. Williams

7. Morgan

8. McClain

9. Spiller

As for Dez Bryant, Nix's talk about it being a deep draft at WR leads me to believe that he isn't on their board in the first. Although it would have been beneficial to talk up Bryant as an option so as to get a team to draft ahead and bump another player they wanted back towards the #9 pick.

The top four are on their list. But that's not the real list. If any of those players fell to 9 they would be no brainers. The options list Nix and Co. are working with is probably more like this:

T. Williams

Bulaga

Spiller

McClain

Berry

Morgan

Hughes (yep)

Clausen

D. Williams

Everybody is saying LT, but I would rather the Bills go defense in round 1 and 2. The best medicine for the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins offense is a badass defense.

You have that avatar to dream about and yet you dream of Dan Morgan?! :rolleyes: I haven't had a dream just a gut feeling that Morgan is the guy. Probably because I haven't heard them talk about him.

Everybody is saying LT, but I would rather the Bills go defense in round 1 and 2. The best medicine for the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins offense is a badass defense.

The defense HAS to be able to stop the run this year and Morgan is a better DE against the run than a pass rusher. If the Bills can stop the run then they make the other team throw into their backfield and I like that idea a lot. Also, making them throw gives Maybin a shot to bring 'em down.

The defense HAS to be able to stop the run this year and Morgan is a better DE against the run than a pass rusher. If the Bills can stop the run then they make the other team throw into their backfield and I like that idea a lot. Also, making them throw gives Maybin a shot to bring 'em down.

If we can stop the run this year, our defense will be a beast. The secondary is great, and as far as getting to the QB goes, we were kind of in the middle. Where we sucked was against the run. Davis already should help that problem. If we get one of those NTs in round 2 that can stuff the run, we would be in even better shape. Add morgan and our defense is looking very much improved. Our offense will still suck (most likley) but if all that works out, at least the team will look like it is going in the right direction.

You have that avatar to dream about and yet you dream of Dan Morgan?! :rolleyes: I haven't had a dream just a gut feeling that Morgan is the guy. Probably because I haven't heard them talk about him.

In a 3 - 4, Morgan would be a ROLB (or an LOLB, I guess).

If we can stop the run this year, our defense will be a beast. The secondary is great, and as far as getting to the QB goes, we were kind of in the middle. Where we sucked was against the run. Davis already should help that problem. If we get one of those NTs in round 2 that can stuff the run, we would be in even better shape. Add morgan and our defense is looking very much improved. Our offense will still suck (most likley) but if all that works out, at least the team will look like it is going in the right direction.

IMHO, our defense is taking a major step backwards this year. Switching to a 3 - 4 means lots of guys playing out of position. It would be nice if that weren't true, and if we get Dan Williams or Terrence Cody, the step backwards might be quite small, but I don't expect to get Cody in the second, and expect someone we like more than D. Williams to be available in the first.

Let's face it, we've been drafting guys with a 4 - 3 scheme in mind for years now.

Expect a big ole step backwards this year on D. I wish it weren't so, but that's the price you pay for the switch. As long as we're better two or three years from now, we should be happy.

IMHO, our defense is taking a major step backwards this year. Switching to a 3 - 4 means lots of guys playing out of position. It would be nice if that weren't true, and if we get Dan Williams or Terrence Cody, the step backwards might be quite small, but I don't expect to get Cody in the second, and expect someone we like more than D. Williams to be available in the first.

Let's face it, we've been drafting guys with a 4 - 3 scheme in mind for years now.

Expect a big ole step backwards this year on D. I wish it weren't so, but that's the price you pay for the switch. As long as we're better two or three years from now, we should be happy.

I disagree...I believe our defense was great in the secondary no doubt...but our D was ranked like 81730598347105987340985th against the run...there isn't much stepping backwards that could take place unless we play a 1-1-9 or something...a 3-4 beefs up the front seven like crazy...you're basically playing a monster NT two more DTs...and two DE's...a five man line...except the DE's are called OLB's and the DT's are called DE's...it's simple that we will be better against the run...and have a better pass rush than last season because of blitz packages...our defense will be pretty good this season...we need a NT and we need a proven OLB...that's it...and Maybin could be the OLB we're lookin for...who knows...either way..two holes on a unit isn't much to fill in a draft and FA in a single year....

Offense just has to run the football with Lynch and Jackson and we'll be fine...I REALLLLLY want an LT in the round one, but if they don't trade up to get Okung, or Bulaga and Trent Williams fails to fall to 9, then I wouldn't be against Morgan...dude is ridiculous...Morgan or an LT at 9 and I'll be a happy guy...

dan morgan? pretty sure he's already in the nfl, is white, and is a mlb...

Yea, that has worked out so well the last ten years.

Keep building the defense so they have a #1 unit in the NFL, doesn't matter if the offense can't get close to the endzone or the QB is trying to throw from his back. :rolleyes:

In a 3 - 4, Morgan would be a ROLB (or an LOLB, I guess).

He's played above 280 before and would only need to gain 14 pounds to reach that. Nawrocki has him slated as a DE in a 3-4, like the Bills will use, if he does that. I think he's more than capable of being a 3-4 DE.

dan morgan? pretty sure he's already in the nfl, is white, and is a mlb...

:rolleyes:

I've gotta stop posting on crack. :D At least I have it right in my mock draft. :rolleyes:

I really dont think Clausen is in the Bills top 10..im thinking they will goe after Tebow if he is there in the 2nd.If the 1st round LT isnt there when the Bills are on the clock,maybe a trade down or spiller.Nix said he wont reach for a position of need and would take the best available player on the board.