Denver Broncos have hit rock bottom

Jay Cutler has never led his team to the playoffs and in 3+ seasons as a starter (53 games) has a career W/L record of 24-29 for an amazing 45% of games won while throwing 63 INTs!!

Over that same time period...the Bills have compiled a 22-31 record....just 2 games behind this great QB.

Brandon Marshall is a stud on the field...but his off the field problems would embarrass OJ (just seeing if you're paying attention)

So in return for these 2 FABULOUS, HARD WORKING football prodigies (again, being sarcastic for those who are immune to it)...Coach Josh McDaniels has obtained (2) 1st round picks...(2) 2nd round picks...and a 3rd round pick....and QB Kyle Orton, who in 51 career games has a 30-21 record for a nearly 59% winning pct. (for those math imbeciles out there, that's 6 more wins than Cutler in 2 less games) and only 39 INTs.

For those doing stat checks, I got these from ESPN.com and totaled their career games played in, not started. So there may be a slight discrepancy because official stats only show a QB's starts.

I would say the Broncos are doing a hell of a job out there in Denver, if they manage to capitalize on those picks with good players, of course.

I would say the Broncos are doing a hell of a job out there in Denver, if they manage to capitalize on those picks with good players, of course.

that's the key. Last year, McDaniels didnt exactly hit a home run in the draft, and people already want to run him out of town. of course, bronco fans have high expectations.

The McDaniels (and team) handling of Cutler & Marshall wasn't the greatest, and contributed to those conflicts. Not sayin Cutler isn't a crybaby, and Marshall has serious issues, but McDaniels made those conflicts worse.

I live in Denver, and it's really amusing. The talking heads on the local radio sports programs are, for the most part, trying to put a positive spin on all of this. They are poo-pooing Marshall. And they're even more vocal about Cutler. After Cutler's horrid season last year, they are beating their chests like they heisted those picks from the Bears.

The fan base sees it a different way than the radio "personalities". If they don't get off to a fast start like last year, the fan base is going to run "Baby Belicheck" out of town on a rail.

I live in Denver, and it's really amusing. The talking heads on the local radio sports programs are, for the most part, trying to put a positive spin on all of this. They are poo-pooing Marshall. And they're even more vocal about Cutler. After Cutler's horrid season last year, they are beating their chests like they heisted those picks from the Bears.

The fan base sees it a different way than the radio "personalities". If they don't get off to a fast start like last year, the fan base is going to run "Baby Belicheck" out of town on a rail.

As usual, someone makes my point better than I do.

The Broncos beat writer made it seem like a POSITIVE thing that one of the bright spots on Denver's team was the kicker. I'm a Bronco fan, and I never want to hear that. I want to hear about great QBs and RBs and DL. The core of a team, not some fancy pants DB and kicker.

I'm going to make another thread about this so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, but think about what Mike Shanahan did with the Redskins.

He brought in QBs and RBs to build his team. He didn't go out and sign the most expensive DB and draft a bleeping kicker in the first round, something the Raiders like to do.

Everyone here knows I can't stand McNabb, but he did play in the Superbowl and so did Rex Grossman. And don't think McNabb won't be benched if he plays bad. Mike's attitude is "prove it".

Denver has a rock solid offensive line with a Awesome LT in Clady. They have a decent core of running backs. Their WR's just lost their best one but they do have Eddie Royal and Stokely who are nice second WR types. Also their D-line just added Jamal Williams, Jarvis Green, and Justin Bannan all proven 3-4 D-lineman. They also have a beastly pass rusher in Dummerville. Their Secondary is also very nice.

The Broncos also are stacked as far draft picks go they have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds plus a second in the bank next season. If the Broncos can draft McClain to beef up their 3-4 and maybe get a Safety and WR in the second round their team is looking pretty good.

The Broncos have 2 key weakness MLB (Picking McClain at pick 12 would plug that hole) and finding a safety and a WR in round 2 plugs a few other holes they might have. Also throw in the future extra 2nd down the road as an asset and I say the Broncos are looking up.