The Story of Jefferson County, Alabama

I read about that a long time ago. The EPA sued the county, forced them into a sewer system they couldn't afford. The system ended up costing somewhere in the neighborhood of ten times the projections and a whole bunch of people went to jail for corruption. Meanwhile, the average middle class citizen got royally screwed by falling real estate prices and wickedly higher taxes.

Welcome to what Health Care is going to look like in 20 years.

I read about that a long time ago. The EPA sued the county, forced them into a sewer system they couldn't afford. The system ended up costing somewhere in the neighborhood of ten times the projections and a whole bunch of people went to jail for corruption. Meanwhile, the average middle class citizen got royally screwed by falling real estate prices and wickedly higher taxes.

Welcome to what Health Care is going to look like in 20 years.

Do you think it will take 20?

I'm think that before the actual benefits kick in the plan will be broke and they will be looking for a new way to pay for it.

Repeal and replace!!!

That was a long read. I love Matt Taibbi, the guy really is one of the more brilliant journalists of our day. While he does pay homage to the speculation you put forth, there is a reason this article is six pages long. There is plenty of blame to go around. I don't know what his end point is, if there is one, but I took away from it a bit more anger at the corporate-government love story. When those two get together, bad things happen. Eisenhower tried to warn us.

Really? All I got from that article was "Banks are bad!" Same as I get from all Taibbi's articles.

Guy's long on indignation, short on actual understanding.