Quick ? for draft junkies...

Can a team trade a player for draft picks while the draft is going on?... ie. Say they bills could get a LT from a team for a second round pick but they wanted to make sure they get the QB they want to drop to them in the first round before they draft their second round pick for a current player? is this posible? if the question doesn't make sense let me know.

Can a team trade a player for draft picks while the draft is going on?... ie. Say they bills could get a LT from a team for a second round pick but they wanted to make sure they get the QB they want to drop to them in the first round before they draft their second round pick for a current player? is this posible? if the question doesn't make sense let me know.

Once a team drafts a player I'd assume it's like any other league and they own his rights so yeah am pretty sure they could. As think that's what the Giants and Chargers did in the Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers trade a few years ago.

Once a team drafts a player I'd assume it's like any other league and they own his rights so yeah am pretty sure they could. As think that's what the Giants and Chargers did in the Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers trade a few years ago.

Maybe if i use an example with player it would make more sense... ssay the bills wanted LT from Bal Gethers (sp) and were going to give our 2 for him... but they wanted to draft Clausen with our 1... now they really want Clausen so they don't want to trade their 2 until they draft clausen becasue if clausen is not there they want to draft LT Bugola (sp) and Tebow with the... can they wait and if they get Clausen then while the draft is still going trade their 2 for Geithers (sp)?

Maybe if i use an example with player it would make more sense... ssay the bills wanted LT from Bal Gethers (sp) and were going to give our 2 for him... but they wanted to draft Clausen with our 1... now they really want Clausen so they don't want to trade their 2 until they draft clausen becasue if clausen is not there they want to draft LT Bugola (sp) and Tebow with the... can they wait and if they get Clausen then while the draft is still going trade their 2 for Geithers (sp)?

I think in that scenario, they would probably probably not trade the 2nd pick until they (the Bills) were on the clock

with #9 and they knew Clausen was there. Even then, they might not make the trade until well after they took

Clausen.

The short answer: Yes you can trade a pick for a player while the draft is going on.